Betting Talk

Lou/Hall

SconnieSconnie Senior Member
edited January 2010 in Sports Betting
started lou -1 then went to hall-1 now its back to lou-1?

Lou has played well despite losing their last two. Hall has dropped 6 of 8

I have not seen Hall play at all but from what I read I would lean to Lou. However this line doesn't make much sense to me

Any input would be great

Comments

• fishboomfishboom Senior Member
    edited January 2010
    Haven't studied the game, but if it smells like a fish throw it back. Been burnt many a times that way.

gl tonight

fishboom
  • Steve19026Steve19026 Senior Member
    edited January 2010
    1-Pirates are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 home games vs. a team with a losing road record.

2-Cardinals are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games vs. a team with a winning % above .600.

Love Louisville here as they need the win but I am laying off
  • SconnieSconnie Senior Member
    edited January 2010
    good point but Lou road losses this year were at UNLV, KEN, PIT. I really like them here too. I watch a lot of Lou games but like fish said, something smells funny here
  • woozie28woozie28 Member
    edited January 2010
    I like the Hall at the "Rock". They are a different team recently and just starting to play together with the addition of Lawrence, Pope, and Jackson. The Pirates always play tough at home and I don't see where Louiville is anything special on the road. I think they are going to supprise people in the 2nd half of the season.
  • stucrossstucross Senior Member
    edited January 2010
    The Cardinals in a route I have them 1st half -.5.That is a real good 1st half line gl to all.
  • Davis7369Davis7369 Member
    edited January 2010
    I work for a network that covers the Big East so am forced to watch, for better or worse, both these teams all the time. I don't really think this game is a good bet on the side either way. This expectations for this Louisville team were too high with the losses of Clark and Williams, by far their two best players last year. Not surprisingly with a team with no go-to guy, they've struggled on the road. For some reason unbeknownst to me, bettors love this Louisville team in spite of that. The spread on the Pitt game over the weekend moved from Pitt -2.5 to Lou -1.5 by tip. Louisville choked down the stretch, and Pitt won in OT. Normally I would like Seton Hall, but this is a team that finds ways to lose. They are poorly coached by Bobby Gonzalez, and tend to fade late in games that they could've won (@ Uconn, Cuse at home, Va Tech in OT, WVU in OT in game they made a miracle run late. Both teams need this win, but I'd be shocked if it's a comfortable win either way.

That said, the play here is on the over I believe. Both teams play a fast-paced tempo that has always been characteristic of recent Hall teams, but different than Pitino's recent L'ville teams. Seton Hall plays zero defense, and this is probably the worst Pitino team defensively. If you're a believer in Ken Pomeroy's numbers, he's got this game totaled at 165, and the actual line is 159. Also, Jeremy Hazell, an unheralded Big East star, has a propensity to go bananas in big games at home (witness: 33 v Cincy, 38 v Cuse, 41v WVU in last 3). Also fouls are bound to rack up in this game because it will be bruising inside-Samuels and Pope two of the more physical big east big men. Lastly, like I stated before, this game will be close - within 10 points either way, so you will get the large boost in the last minute due to continuous fouling.

Good luck.
    Davis
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited January 2010
    seton hall keeps up shooting the 3 like this than no one in the country could slow them down :). louisville will get this figured out and make their free throws in this game and in the long run will win by 3.
  • stucrossstucross Senior Member
    edited January 2010
    Yes sir I like being positive Newcombe that was a true statement I couldn't said it bettor myself.gl to u and the board tonight.
    edited January 2010
    Thx stu... big 2nd half is needed!
    edited January 2010
    Louisville is scrapping as always but really hard to defend how well seton hall is shooting as well as SH is lights out from FT line. still plenty of time for the cards to get this one...
  • woozie28woozie28 Member
    edited January 2010
    The Hall as usual faded at the end of the game. It's so consistant that it has to be the coaching. They also choked at the end of the game from the free throw line. something like 3 for the last 7. Some how the hang on for the win.
    Bobby Gonzalez has to do a better job with this team to seal the wins.