Betting Talk

NBA Monday........

calzonesayscalzonesays Senior Member
edited January 2010 in Sports Betting
2008-2009 NBA RECORD: 73-51
2008-2009 NCAAB RECORD:
18-8
2008-2009 OVERALL BASKETBALL: 91-59

2009-2010 NBA RECORD: 52-41 (+7.7 units)
2009-2010 NCAAB RECORD: 7-5 (+1.5 units)
2009-2010 OVERALL BASKETBALL: 59-46 (+9.2 units)

2009 BETTING TALK YTD:
143-94 (60%)
2010 BETTING TALK YTD: 7-10

Taking a bad beating with some of these bad beats and losses by the hook lately. They do not break my spirits though. Let's be upbeat about it. Here is what I like tonight.

New Orleans Hornets/Philadelphia 76ers OVER 199.5
(-110) (1.1 units to win 1 unit)
The Hornets get caught with their pants down a lot on back to back nights. The defense seems to be a little bit more loose and guys seem to hustle just a little bit less. The pace of the Hornets offense lately has been picking up just a bit, averaging a few more shots in their last few games and cracking the 100 point mark a few times. Reason I like the OVER tonight is because of the Sixers. They absolutely love to run at home and this new 3 guard system they have been using lately really does two things. It makes the offense a lot more uptempo and quick strike, and it also opens up the middle on the defensive end. I think this is the perfect opportunity to play the OVER here.

Lean on the side: Hornets +2

Chicago Bulls -5.5
(-110) (1.1 units to win 1 unit)
The Chicago Bulls are a very tough out when they are playing at the United Center. This is the perfect time to really fade this Pistons squad. They are extremely banged up and when I watch them I really think they are one of the worst teams in the NBA. So many injuries piling up for them and Stuckey still looked very flat to me with his bummed knee. Tayshaun Prince will not play tonight and Rip Hamilton is still struggling mightily. Bulls on the other hand are starting to show some life since putting Hinrich back in the starting lineup and moving Salmons to the bench. Its the best of both worlds for the Bulls, they play a lot more unselfish basketball with Hinrich in the game as opposed to Salmons. Salmons still gets to come into the game and chuck up his 10-15 shots and get to play with the 2nd unit some. I would be very surprised if this Pistons squad sneaked inside the number tonight, given how banged up they are and how good the Bulls have been playing at home. Bulls minus the points at home.

Lean on the total: UNDER 192

Miami Heat +7.5 (-110) (1.1 units to win 1 unit)
Way too many points here for the Miami Heat. I know they looked like absolute crap against the Clippers but I believe they have what it takes to get inside the number tonight in Utah. Spoelstra rested Wade in the 4th quarter against the Clippers looking ahead to this game. It could be very possible that the Heat saw the Clippers as a "trap game" given the fact that the Clippers aren't exactly the most storied franchise. Heat have had much success against Utah over the past season or two, winning 11 of the last 14 meetings I believe (can't remember the number off the top of my head). Deron Williams seems to have this on and off wrist injury and it seems to tighten up on him and problems seem to arise. With Ronnie Price out for the Jazz as well, their backcourt is pretty thin and I think the Heat can capitalize in this spot. I simply think they will perform better this time around. Heat plus the points on the road.

Lean on the total: UNDER 196

Oklahoma City Thunder -5 (-110) (1.1 units to win 1 unit)
Love me some of the Thunder tonight at home. This is one of those young teams that seems to be better when they are relaxed and aren't pressing too hard. They continue to be one of the hottest teams in the NBA and seem to be improving as the days go by. They had a light practice yesterday and will be coming into this game very fresh. The Knicks started off red hot against the Rockets on Saturday but started to fade fast. Kevin Durant has been on an absolute tear and one of the positions the Knicks have really struggled to defend over the course of this season is the 3 position. While the Knicks were a great story in December, I believe this is the chunk of the schedule where they start to fade. As much as I would like to see them continue to succeed, I will be playing the Thunder minus the points tonight. I believe they win this one by about 7 or 8. Keep an eye on Harden tonight, he should be performing effectively against the Knicks.

Lean on the total: OVER 201

Comments

• yankstixmanyankstixman Junior Member
    edited January 2010
    Any thoughts on the Cavs game tonight?
  • calzonesayscalzonesays Senior Member
    edited January 2010
    looks like we may go 3-0 on sides tonight
    edited January 2010
    Any thoughts on the Cavs game tonight?

lean to the Cavs...this warriors team is pretty messy.....won't touch it though
  • UMcanes3UMcanes3 Senior Member
    edited January 2010
    Fuck D Wade is probably out for the game w/ a right wrist injury. There goes our chances...
  • UMcanes3UMcanes3 Senior Member
    edited January 2010
    D Wade is back, but looks hesitant.
    edited January 2010
    Oklahoma City Thunder -5 = winner
    Chicago Bulls -5.5 = winner
    New Orleans Hornets/Philadelphia 76ers OVER 199.5 = loss

2-1 currently with Heat +7.5 pending
  • nightlife32nightlife32 Senior Member
    edited January 2010
    Thanks Zoner you da man! I needed some wins in NBA tonight!
    edited January 2010
    2-2, i had a hunch about the Pacers...i think ill start playing stuff more aggressively starting tomorrow