Betting Talk

2nd Orange play

OrangeOrange Senior Member
edited November 2009 in Sports Betting
Started off the college season with a win taking the Orange -21 over Albany. I don't expect such an easy win for the Orange in their second game against Robert Morris. Robert Morris is much better than Albany and made it to the NCAA tourney last year. They didn't lose by more than 21 pts. to any of their top 25 opponents including Pitt and Michigan St.

NCAAB 1-0

Robert Morris +17.5

Syracuse should get the win tonight but will have to battle for it. I project them to win by 10-12 pts.

GL,
Orange

Comments

• AngryPirateAngryPirate Senior Member
    edited November 2009
    but losing by 21 would make u a loser tonight. not sure why u are factoring that into your bet. they lost AT pitt by 20, AT xavier by 21, and AT duquesne by 26. the only time they covered that 17.5 points against a team close to the talent as this orange team was by TWO points on a nuetral court vs michigan state. they will be playing AT syracuse this game. just my two cents
  • GrapeApeGrapeApe Senior Member
    edited November 2009
    On it as well ORANGE!!!

Good Luck!!!
    Lets win the game CUSE but just by a little......lol
  • originalokieoriginalokie Senior Member
    edited November 2009
    Followed you at +17
  • OrangeOrange Senior Member
    edited November 2009
    AngryPirate,
    I factored those other games in because I believe those teams are slightly better than Syracuse giving Robert Morris an advantage with a high point spread in this situation. Also, Syracuse has a young squad, they've lost some key point providers and I expect them to make some mistakes which will help Robert Morris cover this spread. After looking at the roster for Robert Morris, it looked like they only lost 2 starters and have few senior starters who will be playing hard to knock off the Cuse in their final year of college bball.
    This game is much bigger for Robert Morris than Syracuse so I anticipate a little more effort from the underdog.
    Thanks for your comment and good luck,
    Orange
  • FrankOBeansFrankOBeans Senior Member
    edited November 2009
    jeeeeeez cuse up 23 at the half!!! think we got a chance?
    edited November 2009
    2h play
    Robert Morris +5.5

GL
    Orange
    edited November 2009
    There is always a chance Franky with the entire 2H to play but Cuse is looking really good. I wish I would have waiting for the 2H line originally but I didn't think Cuse would come out this Hot.

I'd be really surprised if they keep this up for the 2 Half.

GL,
    Orange
    edited November 2009
    line just move to +6........looks even better. Robert Morris just needs to cut down the million turnovers they had in the first half and we should be okay.
  • AngryPirateAngryPirate Senior Member
    edited November 2009
    jeeeeeez cuse up 23 at the half!!! think we got a chance?

no.
  • mook44mook44 Senior Member
    edited November 2009
    79 - 42 = 37 - 17.5 = 19.5....... We still got a chance!
    edited November 2009
    Not the way Cuse is playing right now.......We needed Robert Morris to come out ready to play in the 2nd half but they are still playing scared and Syracuse is draining all their shots.

They need to start playing a little quicker and forcing turnovers. I think the 2nd half bet might still win if the Syracuse starters stay out.
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited November 2009
    the cuse are lights out tonight. up 32 with 9 minutes left you need RMU to finish well and they could still cover.
  • mook44mook44 Senior Member
    edited November 2009
    mook44 wrote:
    79 - 42 = 37 - 17.5 = 19.5....... We still got a chance!

Kidding. We're dead and burried on this one. next!
    edited November 2009
    I was on the wrong side tonight.....Cuse looked good though. Hopefully they play this well against California.

CBB 1-2
    Added play
    Detroit +17
  • GrapeApeGrapeApe Senior Member
    edited November 2009
    Ahhh, what ya gonna do.....Its all not bad The Orange won!!!!

Thought RM would of put up a better fight.

But from what I have seen since thier first game (albany) they seemed to come together a bit more....They could be scary. They are long and lenky. And they shared the ball and passed the extra pass.....things you don't normally see from a Cuse team.
    edited November 2009
    Yeah, you're right Grape. It's a much different ball club this year. They hustle a lot more and are playing much better defensively. Plus, they have much more size all around especially with the guards.

Cuse might be a tough contender this year.