Betting Talk

Question for tennis cappers..

beefcakebeefcake Senior Member
edited November 2009 in Sports Betting
Been going over spread sheets for past seasons of WTA tennis..only looked at 2007 for this possible system so far.

Been throwing around scenarios of favs and dogs seeing if something comes up that might be profitable long term.

What do you think of this..

In 2007 when a lower ranked player was -101 to -9999 over a higher ranked player..the match ended in 2 sets 68% of the time..311-144(retirements were thrown out).

I dont have the time to check every match to see how many games were played in each match and there are no archive sites that I know of that have records that far back for O/U on games.....

But you would have to figure if 311 matches ended in 2 sets..alot of those matches must have gone under..Im sure there are some that had totals of 18-22 were 2 sets were played were someone won 6-4 7-5 or some combo there of.
But the question is ..How many? Do you think there is enough of those that reduce the winning % so much and with the -110 to -120 vig that for example 5 dimes puts on that it is not worth it..?

Comments

• VegasInsiderVegasInsider Senior Member
    edited November 2009
    Speaking of tennis, any opinions on early morning plays? Maybe a ML parlay? Thanks!
  • hornhorn Super Moderator
    edited November 2009
    Beef, I may have a futbol play this week for ya :)
  • eatdust11eatdust11 Senior Member
    edited November 2009
    Beef,

It's an interesting thought.. Women's tennis tends to have lower totals so i would think anything with a breaker or a 7-5 usually puts it over unless the 2nd set is a bagel or 6-1... I really am not sure about the answer to the question though... since 5dimes pushes the vig to -150 or even greater at times it could complicate whether it would be worth it or not... this is an interesting thought though
  • beefcakebeefcake Senior Member
    edited November 2009
    horn wrote:
    Beef, I may have a futbol play this week for ya :)

Cant Wait..!!
  • maljkovikmaljkovik Member
    edited November 2009
    Beef,

I've checked in the two last weeks,and the balance is 50 matches finished in two sets,and 25 matches finished in three sets ;)