Betting Talk

Champions League Thoughts

VegasInsiderVegasInsider Senior Member
edited October 2009 in Sports Betting
Anyone have thoughts on the CL matches this afternoon? Trying to thread lightly and really find the one or two matches that have some real value. Not looking to lay -300 on a heavy home fav.

BetPhoenix has some half time lines that could be profitable (with adjusted also). Thinking about taking a shot on a couple of these.

Seems that everyone is heavy on Chelsea and Real to roll this afternoon at home. I like Man U, but without Rooney and a number of others, I think I'll look elsewhere.

Any thoughts appriciated.

Comments

• beefcakebeefcake Senior Member
    edited October 2009
    look at porto -1.5...Nobody seems to be talking about them..and can a cypriot side win away from home in CL??
  • luvthemoneyluvthemoney Senior Member
    edited October 2009
    I would probably lay off of Man U. Manchester United don't often perform that well away from home in the group stage of the Champions League, yet they often scrape a result by one goal. However, this time, are we really expected to think they can do something similar without Giggs, Rooney, Evra, and Fletcher? I can't see it myself. It will be much colder in Moscow, which is naturally a difficult place to play anyway. The players won't be used to the artificial turf. That is another big advantage for CSKA. Moscow have won the last six home games in all competitions. Manchester United have looked anything but champions in recent games. They have been conceding too many goals for my liking. Even the return of Van Der Saar on Saturday could not prevent them conceding against Bolton.

Perhaps a play on the U2.5 in the CSKA/ManU game or a play on the U2.5 in the Juventus game?
  • maljkovikmaljkovik Member
    edited October 2009
    Anyone have thoughts on the CL matches this afternoon? Trying to thread lightly and really find the one or two matches that have some real value. Not looking to lay -300 on a heavy home fav.

BetPhoenix has some half time lines that could be profitable (with adjusted also). Thinking about taking a shot on a couple of these.

Seems that everyone is heavy on Chelsea and Real to roll this afternoon at home. I like Man U, but without Rooney and a number of others, I think I'll look elsewhere.

Any thoughts appriciated.

I like the victory of Wolfsburg, Real Madrid and Chelsea.

The Wolfsburg is very strong at home and the Turks have started badly in the beginning of this league.

With respect to Chelsea, Atletico is a team that has entered a very bad streak, and Stanford Bridge is a very strong field. Atl?tico lost 3-0 to Osasuna,that is a team from the bottom of the Spanish league.

And Real Madrid,in this moment,is better team than Milan.Milan is a team of old players, except Pato, and his best football days are over.

I trust in Wolfsburg,Chelsea and Real Madrid victories.
  • luvthemoneyluvthemoney Senior Member
    edited October 2009
    Hope you played and made some nice cash $$$ on my ManU/CSKA U2.5 Goals suggestion!