Betting Talk

Tennis discussion for 10-21 matches

eatdust11eatdust11 Senior Member
edited October 2009 in Sports Betting
Wanted to get this started early this eve... We definitely have a lot of good tennis cappers on the board and I thought the more input we get the better it will help us all..

My early leans:

Baghdatis (+115)
Gulbis (+105)
Gruel (-125) Maybe my favorite...
Kunitsyn (+130)
Cuevas (-145)
Johansson (-200) Probably for a parlay..

WTA:

Kirilenko (+220)

Comments

• bigcatbigcat Senior Member
    edited October 2009
    good to get into this early..I know set/totals don't get out until late, but 2AM is tiring..
  • capstercapster Banned
    edited October 2009
    eatdust11 wrote:
    Wanted to get this started early this eve... We definitely have a lot of good tennis cappers on the board and I thought the more input we get the better it will help us all..

My early leans:

Baghdatis (+115)
    Gulbis (+105)
    Gruel (-125) Maybe my favorite...
    Kunitsyn (+130)
    Cuevas (-145)
    Johansson (-200) Probably for a parlay..

WTA:

Kirilenko (+220)

Thanks for getting this started early. Less matches on the board tonight so I think it will be easier to cap. Lets all have a big day on Wednesday!
  • eatdust11eatdust11 Senior Member
    edited October 2009
    bigcat,

I hear you... those 2 am lines are rough... wish they would speed it up a little!
  • UMcanes3UMcanes3 Senior Member
    edited October 2009
    What book do you guys use for tennis?
  • briansbrians Banned
    edited October 2009
    UMcanes3 wrote:
    What book do you guys use for tennis?

Im at 5dimes
    edited October 2009
    UM, capster turned me on to 5Dimes, and they have been great..
  • beefcakebeefcake Senior Member
    edited October 2009
    maybe look to fade schiavone...she's playing some Qf chick....maybe take chick +games..
  • capstercapster Banned
    edited October 2009
    beefcake wrote:
    maybe look to fade schiavone...she's playing some Qf chick....maybe take chick +games..

As discussed a few days ago...gotta also think about taking Safin...
  • capstercapster Banned
    edited October 2009
    Briana showed me a great site today for tennis capping:

http://www.tennisexplorer.com/

Anyone use it before? Looks real promising!

EatDust also posted tennisinsight.com a few days ago. Other than the ATP and WTA sites, any other good ones out there?
  • briansbrians Banned
    edited October 2009
    Ok

Eatdust Like Cueavas

Snap I Lean To Safin

I Like This One The Most But Not Strong Korolev Fck Just Looked To Spell This Fcks Name Right And Odds Went Up

SHIT JUST SAW EAT WAS ON OTHER GUY FCK
  • briansbrians Banned
    edited October 2009
    tHIS IS TORTURE CAP THIS STUFF ALL DAY NOW ALL FCKIN NITE

DAMN
  • capstercapster Banned
    edited October 2009
    brians wrote:
    tHIS IS TORTURE CAP THIS STUFF ALL DAY NOW ALL FCKIN NITE

DAMN

:idoit:
  • beefcakebeefcake Senior Member
    edited October 2009
    safin for sure..line down from +225 on sunday to now +150-175 around...i think it will go down even more before the morning..
  • capstercapster Banned
    edited October 2009
    beefcake wrote:
    safin for sure..line down from +225 on sunday to now +150-175 around...i think it will go down even more before the morning..

Still +200 at 5 Dimes :shrr:
  • acecapperacecapper Senior Member
    edited October 2009
    safin/davydenko over seems pretty safe. i love johannson in front of home crowd in sweden.
    edited October 2009
    Brians.... my lean was against korolev... but i dont know that i'll bet that one...

What other leans do you have?
  • briansbrians Banned
    edited October 2009
    I LIKED KOROLEV

ALSO CUEAVAS, SAFIN, STAKOSKY NOTHING JUMPS OUT THOUGH

ONLY BET THIS ONE

<TABLE class=Grid cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class="NonAlt "><TD class=NoWrap>38082611-1</TD><TD>10/20/09 9:39pm</TD><TD class="MiddleRight Currency">$202.50</TD><TD class="MiddleRight Currency">$150.00</TD><TD class="MiddleRight Currency GradedOnly AmountPaidColumn Hidden" $included="null"></TD><TD>Pending</TD><TD>10/21/09 4:00am ATP Tennis 121 Pablo Cuevas -135 <SMALL>vs</SMALL> Teimuraz Gabashvili </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
  • capstercapster Banned
    edited October 2009
    brians wrote:
    I LIKED KOROLEV

ONLY BET THIS ONE

<table class="Grid" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="NonAlt "><td class="NoWrap">38082611-1</td><td>10/20/09 9:39pm</td><td class="MiddleRight Currency">$202.50</td><td class="MiddleRight Currency">$150.00</td><td class="MiddleRight Currency GradedOnly AmountPaidColumn Hidden" $included="null"></td><td>Pending</td><td>10/21/09 4:00am ATP Tennis 121 Pablo Cuevas -135 <small>vs</small> Teimuraz Gabashvili </td></tr></tbody></table>

Hmmm...sounds like all the plays I just gave you. Thief.

JK
    edited October 2009
    Safin is actually +220 on Matchbook right now too..

I like Johansson... trying to find the best match to parlay with it though...
    edited October 2009
    There will, no doubt, be cash for Marat Safin (13.0) as the popular Russian plays his last tournament in his hometown, but the draw hasn't exactly fallen kindly for the former world number one, who must face Davydenko first up (2.9) in what should prove a fascinating clash. Safin has beaten Davydenko in all three of their hard court matches and it was Safin who emerged victorious in last year's Kremlin Cup clash between the pair.
  • capstercapster Banned
    edited October 2009
    Rodina / Vesnina Writeup

There are a few concerns here for Vesnina backers, firstly the h2h which although she leads 2-1 both her victories were on the slower and higher-bouncing clay courts of Europe (Charleston is green and a bit quicker) whilst Rodina's lone victory came on the similarly low bouncing and quick grass court of Wimbledon last season.

Vesnina has improved since that time, immensely, reaching two decent tournament finals in Auckland and New Haven, making the 4th round at this year's All England Club and claiming the scalps of Stosur, Mauresmo, Chakvetadze, Cibulkova, Wickmayer, Razzano, Cirstea, Lisicki, Kuznetsova, Li Na and Wozniacki. Her previously maligned serve has improved, her mobility around the court has been a feature of her revived success and her groundstrokes have maintained the power and penetration that she showed as a raw youngster.

But she's been struggling with a recent thigh problem and it resurfaced in her long marathon match with Czink in Beijing, hampered with her movement late in the match and she hasn't been cited in the past three weeks, obviously preparing for the Kremlin Cup in her home town where she boasts a poor prior record of 3-6 including some disappointing losses to Makarova, Pastikova and Schaul.

Rodina failed to qualify in her only previous appearance here back in 2007, but went one better this time round knocking off Lapuschenkova, Antoniychuk and Rodionova all in straight sets; she's held 67% of her service games and has won a healthy 70% of points behind her well-noted first serve which is often a barometer for how she plays.

She rose to prominence in 2008 when she took Maria Sharapova to the brink at the French Open with gutsy baseline defense and a fiesty counter-attacking attitude, she has good movement and plays decent shot selection and unlike most of her counterparts isn't as prone to loads of unforced errors on a regular basis.

If Vesnina is fit and firing, she should have too much weight of shot and penetration for the short Rodina (who is not 5'7" as stated here on TI but is in fact 5'4", with Vesnina at almost 5'10" which is also incorrect on the TI stats), but recent form and injury concerns plus the fact that Rodina has become accustomed to the tricky courts here in Moscow suggets she is great value. The sting out of the ground will also suit the more defensively-minded Evgeniya, and although Vesnina is a big chance here her price simply doesn't reflect all of the circumstances involved.
    edited October 2009
    I sure wish 5dimes would release the over/unders and games props earlier.. this 2 am stuff is tough!
    edited October 2009
    YEP, they just released some..
    edited October 2009
    I'm done for the night... I like tonight's card... so hopefully I'll wake up to some winners!
  • TeaserPlayerTeaserPlayer Senior Member
    edited October 2009
    Was able to get Safin +215 still this morning. Lets hit this
    edited October 2009
    safin/davydenko over and joachim moneyline are my 2 strongest tennis plays of day
  • briansbrians Banned
    edited October 2009
    brians wrote:
    I LIKED KOROLEV

ONLY BET THIS ONE

<TABLE class=Grid cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class="NonAlt "><TD class=NoWrap>38082611-1</TD><TD>10/20/09 9:39pm</TD><TD class="MiddleRight Currency">$202.50</TD><TD class="MiddleRight Currency">$150.00</TD><TD class="MiddleRight Currency GradedOnly AmountPaidColumn Hidden" $included="null"></TD><TD>Pending</TD><TD>10/21/09 4:00am ATP Tennis 121 Pablo Cuevas -135 <SMALL>vs</SMALL> Teimuraz Gabashvili

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

ALL WINNERS wow had round robin on them alll
    edited October 2009
    nice brian. i having great day too. most of plays have already cashed. have johannson to win huge parlay. so ive already middled the bet...what a great day of tennis. it feels so good being on the right side