Betting Talk

Ark State vs. La-Monroe

SunBelterSunBelter Senior Member
edited October 2009 in Sports Betting
La-Monroe -2

Very important game for both teams, as they take the spotlight tonight on national TV. Monroe came into the season overlooked compared to Troy, ASU, and even Middle Tn., due to the fact they had to replace a very good starting QB from last season. However, they did return almost everyone else, and the new QB has done a nice job so far running the offense. A win tonight puts them in a solid #2 position behind Troy. I believe that overall ASU has a slight talent edge everywhere except one place, and that is the offensive line. Monroe has a veteran group that has remained healthy so far, while ASU began the yr with alot of inexperience, and has now seen 2 key starters lost for the season. Guard Padrta was lost in the season opener, and last week at Iowa, starting center Castilaw was lost for the yr. Padtra was actually the 3rd string center as well, so ASU is down to one center on the roster, and he is a redshirt freshman. However the main reason I am on Monroe tonight, is the poor conference road history of ASU coach Steve Roberts. The Wolves always seem to come up short in key games on the road under Roberts. They blew 2 4th quarter leads last yr at FIU and ULL, and lost a 4th quarter lead at home against Troy this yr. He is a very conservative coach, and I have watched him time and time again play a game not to lose, instead of trying to win. To be honest me and the rest of the ASU fan base are sick of it, and he is under alot of pressure to win 7 games this yr, or I believe he will be fired. If this game is very tight in the 4th quarter, I believe a much more relaxed Monroe team will find a way to come out on top.

Comments

• SunBelterSunBelter Senior Member
    edited October 2009
    As far as the total, I am playing:

Under 27 1st Half:

Over the last two yrs of watching Sun Belt teams play this mid week national games, I have noticed a trend of both teams starting very slowly offensively. I believe it is a case of nerves from not appearing on alot of big TV games. I think we saw it last week with Dwight Dasher of MTSU having an atrocious 1st half, missing recievers by a mile. Both teams seemed to settle down some at halftime, and looked much better in the 2nd half. Combined with the poor weather forecast tonight, and I think this is the safest way to go on the total. It also allows us to watch the weather conditions, and perhaps find some value with a halftime line. If I see something I like for the 2nd half, I will try and post it here. Good luck to everyone tonight.
  • hornhorn Super Moderator
    edited October 2009
    GL sunny
  • AAASportsAAASports Banned
    edited October 2009
    I like it SB!
  • acecapperacecapper Senior Member
    edited October 2009
    nice insight. so wht is weather forecast for tonite?
    edited October 2009
    acecapper wrote:
    nice insight. so wht is weather forecast for tonite?

According to weather.com:

70% chance of rain at 6pm. 100% chance at 7 and 8.
  • ShacroShacro Senior Member
    edited October 2009
    SB,

I'm on the UNDER 27 1Half too and pretty much for the same reasons you listed. Weather and national television should keep the score down.

GL.
  • BlackMambaBlackMamba Senior Member
    edited October 2009
    like the play SB...with that said, lang is also on ul monroe *cringes*
    edited October 2009
    One Prop I really like tonight from The Greek:

Arnold +20.5 rushing yards vs. Goodin

Arnold has rushed for over 1,000 yds 3 straight yrs. His carries are down signifigantly this season, but ASU has faced 3 very good DL's in Nebraska, Iowa, and Troy. I believe tonight, ASU will give him alot of carries against the ULM front, and I especially love this play if it is raining.
  • FrankOBeansFrankOBeans Senior Member
    edited October 2009
    SunBelter wrote:
    As far as the total, I am playing:

Under 27 1st Half:

would u take it at 26.5??
  • eatdust11eatdust11 Senior Member
    edited October 2009
    Looks like the line has moved to 26.5 at -105... I can still get under 27 at -118... which would you guys say has more value?
    edited October 2009
    eatdust11 wrote:
    Looks like the line has moved to 26.5 at -105... I can still get under 27 at -118... which would you guys say has more value?

Definatley 27. Thats a pretty key number. I would still play it at 26.5 Frank.
  • stepbystepstepbystep Senior Member
    edited October 2009
    Had to bring "lucky charm" Lang into the conversation.... (Not taking chances on picking teams...)

With that said I'm taking 27 UNDER 1H
  • rock2rock2 Senior Member
    edited October 2009
    THANK U SUNBELTER u were the only reason i came here today cause i know u keep up with these teams and once again u did not let me down thank u very much and as always great write up,i hope u are having a great year,u should try to cum in the chat room if u have a chance we have somne great picks we pass to one another i have my rocko special<<<lmao i know that gay saying but hey who care right,, it making money 20-9 AFTER I HIT miami LAST NIGHT Not bad though the name is gay lol let me check i might be wrong it could be 20-10 but anyhow not baD but i have only post these in the chat room
    but like say thank u as always for your inside on this game u the man nice to see ya still posting
    gllllll as always GETER DONE PEACE
  • BlackMambaBlackMamba Senior Member
    edited October 2009
    sunbelter i know ur money with this conference but just wondering what is your record?
    edited October 2009
    Rock, thx for the nice comments, appreciate it man.

Adding a small play on the following prop:

Will there be a score in the 1st 5 minutes- NO -1.30
  • coachesplayscoachesplays Senior Member
    edited October 2009
    SunBelter, I am riding with you on the Arnold prop and on LA Monroe.

You really think that Roberts is in trouble if he doesn't win 7? Kind of hate to hear it. He is a really nice guy but I understand business is business.
  • takeyatakeya Senior Member
    edited October 2009
    hmmmmm my book has the first half o/u at 24.5 yet the team totals still add up to 26.5 very much an unusual thing hmmmm
  • AAASportsAAASports Banned
    edited October 2009
    Good Luck SB
    edited October 2009
    AAASports wrote:
    Good Luck SB

You to AAA. If you hit your over play, I hope its because of a big 2nd half. lol
  • mook44mook44 Senior Member
    edited October 2009
    That's what I get for waiting... BM has 24.5 down from 27 now too... Oh well bring on the rain.
  • Kmoney15Kmoney15 Banned
    edited October 2009
    Looks like this game is startin to slow down , hopefully no more 40 yard tds lol
  • takeyatakeya Senior Member
    edited October 2009
    wow i never watch these teams is ark st always this bad cause they look fkn horrible
    edited October 2009
    This 1st half under is looking very promising
  • Kmoney15Kmoney15 Banned
    edited October 2009
    yes that blocked extra was clutch insurance for us who got 26.5
    edited October 2009
    Good Call Sun Belter. Thanks!
  • big cbig c Banned
    edited October 2009
    Thank Bro
  • 1adam121adam12 Senior Member
    edited October 2009
    Thanks Sun. Quietly follow....
  • simsity19simsity19 Senior Member
    edited October 2009
    Thanks, Mr Tuesday Night... Great job!!!!