Betting Talk

National Basketball League(AUS)..picks and quick season preview..

beefcakebeefcake Senior Member
edited September 2009 in Sports Betting
Season started last night with one game..2 games on the docket tonight.The greek is the only book we all use that has lines.So I will be using them for picks,they sometimes have totals.

8 teams are left,the league almost went bankrupt and had to restructure

Quick write ups on the 8 clubs...

NZ breakers...fav to win it all,2 great players in penny and burton..high scoring lots of 3's...road games in the past have always been there bug a boo.they will kill people at home in auckland like the game last night they won by 20. 1st-2nd

Cairns taipans...benn $$$$ last 2 years with unders...A grind it out team...middle of the pack this year..7th-5th

Perth Wildcats....2nd -3rd best team in the league...always tough road trip to west coast of OZ for teams.Their style wont change..tough halfcourt defense and a half court offense...

Gold coast Blaze...bunch of new players and coach after dismal year last year..brought in some good players,remains to be seen if they will jell,would recommend fading them early..6th-8th,new coach used to coach the defunct brisbane bullets..his style is offense..could be good for overs.

Adelaide 36ers...Underachived last year.good offense,not much defense....6th-4th

Melbourne Tigers..Been to the finals last 4 seasons...Missing chris antsy 7'1 center for first half of season,heart and soul of team... 1st-2nd

Townsville crocs....Up tempo team that will score,defensive problems.Cory Williams is the best player...fearless guy...2nd=4th

Wollongong hawks..last founding franchise left since 1979..almost folded last season if not for grass roots local support...could very well again struggle this year...6th-8th

Tonights plays....
Crocodiles +1.5....1.10 to win 1...crocs getting points vs rebuilding blaze....like it

perth -1 1.1 to win 1 ...the greek..wildcats just need to win vs another team that cannot match the defensive intensity of perth..

GL!

Comments

• beefcakebeefcake Senior Member
    edited September 2009
    Correction:im changing my bet to wollongong +1 over perth.. 1.10 to win 1..

Did some more digging and the hawks have played really well in the pre season winning a small tourny and beating some top teams...alot of "distractions" admitted from perths coach..
  • beefcakebeefcake Senior Member
    edited September 2009
    Nice 2 winners to start the year!!

2-0 YTD +2 units NBL>>
  • Gizmo58Gizmo58 Senior Member
    edited September 2009
    Missed your post last night...But I will look forward to the rest of them...

Like those morning wakeups...
  • SunBelterSunBelter Senior Member
    edited September 2009
    Great start there Beefy. Sorry I didnt get the post in time to play them. Will be tailing you this season. Appreciate your hard work in capping these types of events.