Betting Talk

versus channel number on Direct Tv??

Comments

• NoleguyNoleguy Banned
    edited September 2009
    much appreciated guys...called at got ESPN GamePlan free for the rest of the year. Then I will call and complain when hockey season begins and get something additional. Kill two birds with one stone.
  • bixlerbixler Senior Member
    edited September 2009
    Maybe you can get Center Ice for free then....lol
  • NoleguyNoleguy Banned
    edited September 2009
    bixler wrote:
    Maybe you can get Center Ice for free then....lol
    exactly my thought....or some free Playboy PPV blocks
    edited September 2009
    Playboy PPV blocks....lol

I guess I haven't subscribed long enough, I was only offered $30 off the Center Ice package. She said I was already receiving pretty much all the credits I could get....ha ha
  • sterling11sterling11 Member
    edited September 2009
    i just got center ice free $163 dollar value .....good info whoever started this ty
  • DeanoDeano Senior Member
    edited September 2009
    Just got ESPN Gameplan Free..
    Got Showtime....Free
    Got 5 Vouchers for free pay per view movies...

(could have had hockey I am sure as he kept mentioning that but not a fan)

Thanks Bixler...that was fun. :) They just kept offering, nothing to it.
  • bpd67bpd67 Senior Member
    edited September 2009
    Are any of you guys new customers?
  • NoleguyNoleguy Banned
    edited September 2009
    bpd67 wrote:

been a customer for 2+ years
    edited September 2009
    bpd67 wrote:

Was wondering that too. I've been a customer for only 11 months and I think the longer you have been the more they'll do for you, especially if you haven't received anything for awhile. That's great guys are getting the college football and NHL packages for free.
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited September 2009
    I've been a customer for just over 3 years and this is the first time that I ever called them with any issues.
  • Gator101Gator101 Banned
    edited September 2009
    bpd67 wrote:

bpd67, i have had it in my girlfriends name for the past 5 years, then i had her cancel last week sometime, i told them she moved out and that i need service/dtv, i seen the new permotion that they were running. Thats why i made her cancel then. then i resigned up, I just got it installed this past saturday, that is no shit, and they still gave me free shit, i dont think it really matters how long you have been with them to do this, just a FYI TO EVERYONE.
    edited September 2009
    Gator101 wrote:
    bpd67, i have had it in my girlfriends name for the past 5 years, then i had her cancel last week sometime, i told them she moved out and that i need service/dtv, i seen the new permotion that they were running. Thats why i made her cancel then. then i resigned up, I just got it installed this past saturday, that is no shit, and they still gave me free shit, i dont think it really matters how long you have been with them to do this, just a FYI TO EVERYONE.

Nice. You got the Sunday Ticket package with all the channels special? Sweet deal. How did you sweet talk them with only being a customer for that short of time.

Telling them she moved out...LMAO!
  • JockitchJockitch Banned
    edited September 2009
    Hey Bixler, I contacted Direct TV and told them how much I miss Versus. I ended up getting NHL Center Ice for one year and $120.00 off my bill.

Thanks Much... You can have many dates with the Jockitch Babes :)

ITCH!!!!
    edited September 2009
    You got Center Ice for free and $120 off your bill? Dang ITCH!
  • minger2123minger2123 Senior Member
    edited September 2009
    Wow Bixler, great job!! ..Now if only I could get Ol' Horn to give me an "addaboy", I'd be in heaven...LOL
    edited September 2009
    bixler wrote:
    Nice. You got the Sunday Ticket package with all the channels special? Sweet deal. How did you sweet talk them with only being a customer for that short of time.

Telling them she moved out...LMAO!

Ya lol, i told her to leave for the day till they got everything set up, wasn't all bad, i got her out of the house.

Thanks a ton bixler for telling everyone about this!!!!
    edited September 2009
    Hey, I cant pick worth a shit so I can at least dave you guys a few bucks on your DTV packages so you can gamble some more....LOL
  • bpd67bpd67 Senior Member
    edited September 2009
    Existing customers are getting the NFL ticket and Premier package deal that they keep advertising, I think it ends tomorrow though, so call and say cancel and tell them you need something cheaper.
    edited October 2009
    Hockey season starts tonight and still no Versus on Direct TV. Call these pricks up and get some credits....LOL
    edited October 2009
    bixler wrote:
    Hockey season starts tonight and still no Versus on Direct TV. Call these pricks up and get some credits....LOL

You use to hack DTV didnt you? back in the days were you could get all the channels for free didnt you? I can tell by how you are refering DTV TO DAVE?

Just wondering
    edited October 2009
    Nope Gater, never had anything to do with Direct TV until last October when I signed up. I just find it amusing that you can call and get credits for all kinds of stuff.
    edited October 2009
    Just called and said I was dissapointed in not being able to watch opening hockey night on Versus. Bascially they are giving everyone that wants it free NHL Center Ice this year. Got it without even asking for it. He asked what I watched on Versus and I said hockey. He said I can give you the package for free. LOL
  • TeaserPlayerTeaserPlayer Senior Member
    edited December 2009
    Figured I would bump this thread in case anyone only got the ESPN Gameplan as a result of complaining. Now that the FB season is over, I called again.

Their offer was given of $10 off each month the next 12 months....may be worth your while.
    edited January 2010
    bump....call Direct TV and get some free shit or at least some discounts....LOL

Still no f'n Versus.
  • tschifanotschifano Senior Member
    edited January 2010
    Called Got $10 Off Sports Package For 6 Months And Free N.h.l Package For The Rest Of Season ! T0tals $180.00 For 10 Min. Time Thanks Guys
  • rhill6537rhill6537 Senior Member
    edited January 2010
    yeah i called today and got free NHL for the rest of the season
    edited January 2010
    Keep calling...lol
  • BiggTBiggT Senior Member
    edited January 2010
    bixler wrote:
    Keep calling...lol

Hey Bix, I'd like the NBA package as well. What can "YOU" do to help? lol

:basketball:
    edited February 2010
    Feb 2 and still no damn Versus. Will Direct TV have it for the NHL Playoffs? Damn, time to call again and get free shit!

Call and voice your displeaure about not having Versus and the Feb 9th price increase that is getting ready to take effect. Tell them you are thinking of switching providers. Get those discounts...LOL
    edited March 2010
    I am now hearing of people that are getting $20 off their bill for 6 months as a deal for MLB Extra Innings. $199.96 - $120 brings the package under $80 for the year. People are referencing the fact you can get MLB.tv online and roku and watch the games for less than $100.

If you are interested in MLB Extra Innings through Direct TV, call up and speak with a retention rep and ask them for the deal.