Betting Talk

What would you say the average BT member is?

2»

Comments

• jesfla72jesfla72 Senior Member
    edited May 2009
    36 , In the Navy for the last 16 years. Started gambling in tijuana with a guy from the Navy in 95 and haven't stopped since. 5'7 and can dunk on 8 foot . Nine foot when i was younger and about 50 lbs lighter. Living in jax , 70 k last year. Trying to get to afganistan for some of that tax free money.
  • kingscottkingscott Member
    edited May 2009
    51 here-Pittsburgh Go Steelers-Pirates suck and I dont like hockey-do bet it though-go figure-own business 6 figure income
  • BIGtimerDCBIGtimerDC Senior Member
    edited May 2009
    23, work as a systems engineer when im not out playin/watching sports or readin up on this site. Ive been following this site for almost 5 years since I started sports betting freshman year in college
  • BiggTBiggT Senior Member
    edited May 2009
    52.... Golf instructor for 30 years. I also set up golf tournaments

Ebay sales for all New & Used golf equipment. let me know if you want my ebay handles

Been wagering since I was 18

vgl BT
  • DaJuiceDaJuice Banned
    edited May 2009
    31....small biz manager- made 75 last year living in the bay for 10 years, grew up in pomona (socal) been gambling since i was 14 i remeber flipping 1s 5s 10s and once in a while 20s at school...lol
  • Big DogBig Dog Banned
    edited May 2009
    Good thread Atreat. I'm simi-retired in 60s. Closed both businesses last year after a stroke and now manage a small business with no stress. Currently make more money gambling than working.

JW, I should have figured you in something like project management and good with computer projections. My background until about 10 years ago was also in computers and maybe that explains why we like to project winners with computer stats.
  • simple wagersimple wager Member
    edited May 2009
    48 yrs young here. Business owner
  • BigPermBigPerm Senior Member
    edited May 2009
    nurse...greg focker
  • coachesplayscoachesplays Senior Member
    edited May 2009
    40 coach enjoy the reading as much as the betting
  • jrphatsjrphats Senior Member
    edited May 2009
    I am 48 and been playing off and on since I was 17. Not doing much now because unemployed since 1st week of Dec.08 and have to make sure I have what is needed to survive at home. I am new to this site but love all the info available here and cant wait to get back on my feet and start using some of it. Good Luck to everyone.
  • Steve19026Steve19026 Senior Member
    edited May 2009
    28 years old 80 K a year
  • BIGtimerDCBIGtimerDC Senior Member
    edited May 2009
    I think its hilarious that I find myself discussing topics on this site with my friends like I know all you guys so well... I'll call my friend and be like yoo man RayJ has a double on whatever... or get a text in the morning saying how AAA just posted some great MLB notes. We talk about people using their handles and other people just think we're weird.
  • jw118877jw118877 Senior Member
    edited May 2009
    It's funny that u mention that bigtimer. I find myself doin the same thing too. Pretty funny.
  • ShrewYouShrewYou Junior Member
    edited May 2009
    Hi, my names Nick, i'm 23, and i'm an alcoholic.

Sometimes I bet on sports.
  • rakim0821rakim0821 Senior Member
    edited May 2009
    It's now the month of May..I am now 37 and still laid off...have to take a break from gambling in these trying times...got two kids to feed and a mortgage
  • challenger1challenger1 Senior Member
    edited May 2009
    38 year old auto mechanic. Been wrenching for 16 years at the same job. I have a wife a 2 year old and a little one on the way. Because I live in a tourist destination I have my winters off to play. I have been betting for atleast 15 years or so.
  • novacpenovacpe Senior Member
    edited May 2009
    nobody asked me but .........retired, broke and like a white fat albert....... any of you guys have some money to spare? (i got a sure thing in the eighth at pimlico heh heh heh)
  • novacpenovacpe Senior Member
    edited May 2009
    by the way.......i have a 3 inch vertical leap
  • joegeejoegee Senior Member
    edited May 2009
    56 yrs old and I have been gambling for 35 yrs. Hardly ever post my own picks because I ve learned that if I bet my picks every day I will not come out ahead. I read BT everyday and pick spots by following a few good cappers. Think that rayj is one of the best but I will only bet his double plays.
  • raiderlandraiderland Senior Member
    edited May 2009
    40 here sales
    and very unfortunate to be a big oakland raider fan.

but we will win more games then lions(well i hope)
  • AAASportsAAASports Banned
    edited May 2009
    40ish

Writer, entrepreneur, golfer, handicapper, got milk, father, love to travel, interested in politics, like long quiet walks on the beach, have numerous livestock but don't eat them....yet, like to gamble, like to pet furry things, songwriter, dancer, singer, and most importantly, love Judge Judy.
  • RiskyRisky Member
    edited May 2009
    46 years old- run a large accounts division for a very large P&C insurance company. Like to check out the site everyday for fun, I buy one of Donn Wagner's services for each sport and put it on autopilot. I do check to see if AAA has posted anything when I get the chance. Been gambling almost everyday since 1982- 83. It's investing-- up about 20K for 2009, lost about 30K in 2008, it's just a daily routine. I'm sure it's like alot of people here, it's a part of who I am.
  • scott_baioscott_baio Senior Member
    edited May 2009
    35 years old. Lounge singer from south boston. A construction professional by trade, this economy has me looking elsewhere to pay the bills. So far, so good.
  • briansbrians Banned
    edited May 2009
    53 gamblin for 37 years make over 6 figures

Have 3 kids a girl 24 turned doctor on saturday and 2 boys 19 and 17 boys names are crash 1 and crash 2

basketball is my worst sport to play But im pretty good at Golf and tennis Love boats and figure ill retire 1 day on 1