Betting Talk

2009 MLB Home Team System

2»

Comments

• KeyElementKeyElement Banned
    edited April 2009
    May I offer a small suggestion? Since 5 teams are tied at 8th to 12th place, and you want 10, why not take the 3 with the best road record. It stands to reason tha somet if they were equal at home, but some were better on the road, then the best road record teams would be the ones to add.
  • DragonswirlDragonswirl Senior Member
    edited April 2009
    Dgates,

Twins series only 4 games. Their first 6+ homestand starts the following Monday vs. Toronto

Regards,
  • KeyElementKeyElement Banned
    edited April 2009
    horn wrote:
    Fuck, Looks like I'm disqualified then...
    Lucky you.
    edited April 2009
    Key,

I think the better choice would be WHO has 1 or 2 Ace Pitchers. eg: Arizona will have Webb going at least once in a 6 game series. Ditto, Yankees--Sabathia, Mets--Santana, Phillies--Hamels.

Since the objective is to win at least 1 game in 6, I want a Certified stopper on my side.

Regards,
  • Dgates21Dgates21 Senior Member
    edited April 2009
    Ahhh sorry Dragon, I thought we were looking for 4+ ... 6 is the minimum i assume?
  • kkirkkkirk Senior Member
    edited April 2009
    If you want to know what kind of ball sac you need to play this system, check out Sept. of '07. You will remember that the Mets, who were one of the teams you would have followed in this system in '07, fell apart the last 2 weeks of the season to miss the playoffs. They were huge favorites in every game the last week so and lost 5 in a row at home. They did win the 6th game, but you would have had to lay something like $9000 to win your original $10 bet (if $10 was your original unit) on that 6th game. It came through, but lord! 9 grand to win $10? Not for me.
  • homerplayerhomerplayer Senior Member
    edited April 2009
    glad someone found this. past results mean nothing....

avg series length before win:

1.76 games

GL
    edited April 2009
    Dgates,

Yes, Minimum 6 games homestand.

Regards,
  • pat2000pat2000 Senior Member
    edited April 2009
    I am going to start small, but I like the system and should be some fun, and win some units.

Machine Gun,

Did you ever figure a way to post the Excel spreadsheet?
  • Dgates21Dgates21 Senior Member
    edited April 2009
    Yeah machine gun I would love to have this set up in Excel, if you can't post it maybe you could email me an attachment? I would really appreciate it
  • MachineGunMachineGun Senior Member
    edited April 2009
    Dgates21 wrote:
    Yeah machine gun I would love to have this set up in Excel, if you can't post it maybe you could email me an attachment? I would really appreciate it
    does anyone know of a free website where you can upload documents for public consumption?
  • brmapesbrmapes Senior Member
    edited April 2009
    I haven't made a spreadsheet...I just go month by month with the plays and write them down and then when I have them on here...I can always just search this thread

For April

Home Team System (Top 7 teams)
    Boston
    4/17-4/26 9 games
    Tampa
    4/13-4/19 7 games
    4/30-5/5 6 games
    Cubs
    4/13-4/23 9 games
    White Sox
    4/6-4/12 6 games
    4/24-4/29 6 games
    Minnesota
    4/13-4/19 7 games
    4/27-5/3 6 games
    Anaheim
    4/6-4/12 7 games
    4/21-4/26 6 games
    Milwaukee
    4/10-4/15 6 games
    4/27-5/3 7 games

Home Team Secondary System (Teams 8-12 that were all tied)
    Arizona
    4/6-4/15 9 games
    4/20-4/29 9 games....lots of D'Backs
    Mets
    4/13-4/19 6 games
    4/24-4/30 6 games
    Yankees
    4/16-4/22 7 games
    4/30-5/7 8 games
    Philadelphia
    4/17-4/23 7 games
    4/27-5/3 6 games
    Los Angeles
    4/13-4/19 6 games
    4/30-5/10 11 games

Bad Road Team System (playing against bad road teams, top 7)
    Washington
    4/6-4/12 6 games
    Seattle
    4/6-4/12 6 games
    Pittsburgh
    4/6-4/12 6 games
    Atlanta
    4/17-4/26 9 games
    Cincinnati
    4/13-4/23 10 games
    Colorado
    4/13-4/22 8 games
    Baltimore
    4/13-4/20 7 games
    edited April 2009
    Meaning for opening day the plays will be

System 1
    Angels (1/6)
    White Sox (1/6)

System 2
    D'Backs (1/6)

System 3
    vs. Nationals (1/6)
    vs. Mariners (1/6)
    vs. Pirates (1/6)

GL
    edited April 2009
    What am I missing about this system? BOS,AZ,CHW,LAA,MIN and PHI (if you are using them) all open up with home games against teams they will play 6+ times this season at home. Shouldn't we be playing all 5/6 of those games? Thanks.
    edited April 2009
    You're missing that we're not playing PHI vs. Atlanta over the course of a season

We're playing any of the home teams when they play 6 consecutive games at home without going on the road

Philly plays 3 at home against Atlanta and then hits the road to Colorado, meaning that series is not played

Anaheim plays 7 straight at home to start the season 4 vs. OAK and 3 vs. BOS meaning we play them...if they win the 1st game, they still have 6 games left in the stand meaning the series play will restart...if they lose the 1st, win the 2nd, they'll only have 5 games left in the series, meaning the play is done cause there isn't 6 games left

Hope that helps
    edited April 2009
    oh god... I had this all wrong. That makes it perfectly clear. Thanks.
  • Seaman2Seaman2 Senior Member
    edited April 2009
    This was a great post. Baseball is definitely not my sport but this seems easy enough to handle. Just a comment I have about a team this year--the Brewers. I'm local and read tons of info on them. I am thinking that the Brewer OVERS will be a nice play this year due to their strong lineup and lack of pitching. If the Brewers were on the border of being a team to play "ON" this year, I wouldn't trust them in this system. CC was a big reason why they qualified as one of the teams and he's obviously in NY now. If Jeff Suppan is our opening day starter and he is like a hitting a pitching machine, I got a good feeling that could see lots of football type scores this year in Milwaukee. Hopefully the Brewers are on the right side of most of those but if not at least the bleacher creatures will be walking home with many souvenirs.
  • homerplayerhomerplayer Senior Member
    edited July 2009
    Produce wrote:
    The teams I'm riding with:

Tampa Bay
    Boston
    Cubs
    White Sox
    Twins
    Angels
    Mets
    Phillies