Betting Talk

Sharps = the public

homerplayerhomerplayer Senior Member
edited September 2008 in Sports Betting
so anyway, i always whine about so-called sharps and all of us like to fade the public

seriously....SF +8.5 all the way to +4

gamblers win and lose, but bookies always drive Cadillacs

sorry if you lost on it, but it is classic....that line moved 4 and half points and then Saints blast them!!!

almost as funny as Green throwing a pick 6....that HC is fucked....nice move benching Bulger

Comments

• BookiefitsBookiefits Senior Member
    edited September 2008
    Homer. Dont know if you saw the game from SF got screwed just about every way imaginable with the penalties. NO was very fortunate, converted some very long 3rd downs with several circus catches and penalty calls against SF.

SF was probably the right side, but you know how the National Fixed League operates. They will be a good bet on next week and Saints probably a good bet against. Put it in the memory banks.
  • LitlproLitlpro Senior Member
    edited September 2008
    I opened at 6.5, never at 8.5
  • homerplayerhomerplayer Senior Member
    edited September 2008
    Litlpro wrote:
    I opened at 6.5, never at 8.5

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" bgColor=#c48f1b border=0><TBODY><TR class=oddsText_odd><TD style="POSITION: relative" vAlign=bottom width="100%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=13>09/28 1:00 PM</TD><TD align=right>notes.gif</TD></TR><TR><TD>203 San Fran.</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>204 New Orleans</TD><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>NO-WR-Colston-OUT, TE-Shockey-OUT, WR-Patten-Questionable

</TD><TD class=oddsText_odd vAlign=bottom noWrap align=middle width=58><NOBR> 48½
    -8.5 </NOBR></TD><TD class=oddsText_odd vAlign=bottom noWrap align=middle width=61><NOBR> 48
    -4.0 -110
    </NOBR></TD><TD class=oddsText_odd vAlign=bottom noWrap align=middle width=61><NOBR> 48½
    -4.0 -110
    </NOBR></TD><TD class=oddsText_odd vAlign=bottom noWrap align=middle width=60><NOBR> 48
    -4.0 -110
    </NOBR></TD><TD class=oddsText_odd vAlign=bottom noWrap align=middle width=61><NOBR> 48
    -4.5 -110
    </NOBR></TD><TD class=oddsText_odd vAlign=bottom noWrap align=middle width=59><NOBR> 48½
    -4.5 -110
    </NOBR></TD><TD class=oddsText_odd vAlign=bottom noWrap align=middle width=61><NOBR> 48½
    -4.5 -110
    </NOBR></TD><TD class=oddsText_odd vAlign=bottom noWrap align=middle width=67><NOBR> 48½
    -5.0 -110
    </NOBR></TD><TD class=oddsText_odd vAlign=bottom noWrap align=middle width=61><NOBR> 49u-115
    -5 -110
    </NOBR></TD><TD class=oddsText_odd vAlign=center noWrap align=middle width=42><NOBR> Picks</NOBR></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

i sit down every monday morning, write in what i think lines should be and then check to see what they actaully are

I loved SF when i saw 8.5, but it hit 6 in a day

then when it hit 4, i bet N O

Bookie - didn't see the game, was at the zoo with my family all day. we all know Vegas always makes money, and they must have absolutely cleaned-up on this one.
  • ProduceProduce Banned
    edited September 2008
    62% of the public was on N.O.
    edited September 2008
    Produce wrote:
    62% of the public was on N.O.

but the line was beat down from 8.5. i was under the impression the % numbers were more a live stat than for say the entire week.

kind of like sharps or bettors pounding the Carolina line down from 9 to 6.5, but the numbers saying 75% on Panthers today. so if it was 75% the entire week, that 25% on Atl would have to be betting 4X or 5X what the other side was betting or more.

point is, i'm sick of hearing about sharps....

S F from 8.5 to 4 and they don't cover
    Atl from 9 to 6.5 and they don't cover
  • firstclassfirstclass Senior Member
    edited September 2008
    public won last year and are winning this year
  • BookiefitsBookiefits Senior Member
    edited September 2008
    Chalk another one up for Joe Square with the Chargers.
    edited September 2008
    firstclass wrote:
    public won last year and are winning this year

they love betting the fav and over

favs went 10-6 last week, don't know about this week

and for those two lines to move that much, the 'smart' money that drove it down got crushed

what are you thinking about MNF when your Ravens come to town?
    edited September 2008
    Bookiefits wrote:
    Chalk another one up for Joe Square with the Chargers.

chalk up another one for the 73% of squares on the Broncos
  • triple htriple h Senior Member
    edited September 2008
    A wise man by the name of AAA once said "We here at handicapper OUR THE PUBLIC"

Guys by the end of the day when all said and done it usually comes down to 50-50

Perfect example today. KC Won Stl got crushed.
  • ProduceProduce Banned
    edited September 2008
    Public Teams and result

denver=lost
    Browns=won
    Jags= lost
    Cards= lost
    Saints=won
    Carolina=won
    Titans=won
    Packers=lost
    Chargers=won
    dallas=lost
    Buffalo=won

6-5 so far today
  • triple htriple h Senior Member
    edited September 2008
    Thanks Produce for the support and stats.
  • firstclassfirstclass Senior Member
    edited September 2008
    they love betting the fav and over

favs went 10-6 last week, don't know about this week

and for those two lines to move that much, the 'smart' money that drove it down got crushed

what are you thinking about MNF when your Ravens come to town?

i think our defense must have a great game= win
    edited September 2008
    triple h wrote:
    Guys by the end of the day when all said and done it usually comes down to 50-50

and that is what vegas counts on, thus the vig

it is OUR job to find a way to avoid being average.

anyone else see 88% on the Eagles tonight?

good post triple h
    edited September 2008
    damn-it, forgot to say, i just looked this one up in the dictionary

Back Door Cover - San Diego Chargers....

game is over, and they give up a 40+ yard TD run to LT? everyone that bet the Raiders were on the right side but got the wrong result...

that should fire some people up
    edited September 2008
    Produce wrote:
    Public Teams and result

denver=lost
    Browns=won
    Jags= lost
    Cards= lost
    Saints=won
    Carolina=won
    Titans=won
    Packers=lost
    Chargers=won
    dallas=lost
    Buffalo=won

6-5 so far today

but that is what i am saying. no way those percentages reflect entire week as those lines moved 4.5 and 2.5 points AGAINST what the numbers say. looks to me like public was more like 4-7....anyone know the rule on the betting trend %?
  • ProduceProduce Banned
    edited September 2008
    I assume it is all week since it shows how many total bets they have registered
  • KolbasKolbas Banned
    edited September 2008
    Penguins just called me and laughed at this thread.
    Why whould you even think what stupid public thinks? It's Bookies job to do that.
    Think of what Bookies don't want you to do...