Betting Talk

Anyone like the Mets tonight?

BrisbaneBrisbane Senior Member
edited August 2008 in Sports Betting
I'm getting -160 on the Mets today and it looks like a pretty strong play.

* Both teams went to the 13th last night, but Kenrick (today's PHI starter) had to throw an extra 40 pitches last night, as he was warming up to enter the game.

*Aside from one good performance against LA, he has been getting ruined lately (and all season pretty much).

*Santana has become his 2nd half self of years past, and I think that should hold true tonight.

Anyway, what do you guys think about this game?

--Brisbane

Comments

• therightpicktherightpick Senior Member
    edited August 2008
    this is a HUGE game for philly all momentum is on their side they came back from 7-0 deficit last night, all bats tonight both teams another shoot out i believe could go either way
  • Gator101Gator101 Banned
    edited August 2008
    everytime i bet on the mets they loose, as for rightpick saying momentum in my eyes is on philly, gl either way
  • metagear89metagear89 Senior Member
    edited August 2008
    if you wanna play it safe just bet the over on the runline
  • mmurphy77mmurphy77 Senior Member
    edited August 2008
    Have to go with Johan tonight - really pitching well lately and when he's on - well, he's just unbeatable. Now that the Mets are winning again and scoring some runs Santana will win every time out which is what his history in the second half shows. He's definitely one of the top 5 pitchers in the majors this month. Got to stay on him.
  • mmurphy77mmurphy77 Senior Member
    edited August 2008
    in the past 30 days in the NL only Myers and Lincecom have a lower ERA than Santana . Harden and CC are right behind him to round out the top 5.
    Over in the AL the only pitchers under 1.75 in ERA over the past 30 days are Byrd and Liriano.
  • BrisbaneBrisbane Senior Member
    edited August 2008
    Really great discussion and good points from everyone... I appreciate you taking the time to help me out.

I've decided to go with the Mets tonight, 3 units.

GL to Everyone tonight!
  • metagear89metagear89 Senior Member
    edited August 2008
    looking good so far
  • BrisbaneBrisbane Senior Member
    edited August 2008
    I just gave my dog a new bone after the top of the 8th. Feels good when they start to fall in play.
  • Gator101Gator101 Banned
    edited August 2008
    wow, philly blew this game