Betting Talk

Dammit LaRussa, sometimes I wonder about you.

GooseSTLGooseSTL Senior Member
edited August 2008 in Sports Betting
Shit, why pull Garcia? I don't care about lefty right matchups. You know our bullpen sucks. He got two guys out and you have to change pitchers. You are fuking killing me.

Comments

• BigJoeyBigJoey Senior Member
    edited August 2008
    all them chances to get runs in the last two innings ,and cant get it done. wow
  • nuttinbutfunnuttinbutfun Senior Member
    edited August 2008
    Yep, what a joke bases loaded twice with one out and get no runs, with the total on 9!!! Un F'in believable!!! I felll like I just got stu-ed!!
  • BigJoeyBigJoey Senior Member
    edited August 2008
    i needed over also, its a shame ,cant even get a dam sac . fly in two attemps. batters looked like shit
  • Mrtk31Mrtk31 Senior Member
    edited August 2008
    What a crappy result! But it's not as bad as the Angels! That's the worse game I've seen in a while. Yes, I had the Angels!!

At least I lost the Colts game on my own. I underestimated Brennan's talents.
  • basewinnerbasewinner Senior Member
    edited August 2008
    For as technical a guy La Russa is, how bout putting on the squeeze in 9th knowing that your tow next guys up are at an extreme diasadvantage facing Lidge for the 1st time I guess this goes back to the bullpen issues -- so much for the over
  • SunBelterSunBelter Senior Member
    edited August 2008
    Hey Goose, Garcia didnt get two guys out. He got Utley, but Howard lined a single off him. No way in heck would I have let a 22 yr old left handed rookie face Burrell. He made the right call, it just didnt work out.
  • mmurphy77mmurphy77 Senior Member
    edited August 2008
    Well, with 4 pitchers like Lohse,Looper, Wellenmeyer and Carpenter back, LaRussa is going to
    b e out of excuses if his Cards don't make the playoffs. and don't forget the best hitter in baseball, Pujols. LaRussa is very very overrated.
  • GooseSTLGooseSTL Senior Member
    edited August 2008
    Since we can't edit posts, I realized that he did give up one hit. But, Springer had worked three nights in a row. Even though his stats this year have been good, putting a reliever in for the fourth consecutive day was a bad move on LaRussa's part. If not keeping the rookie in, then he should have gone to someone else who had a fresher arm.

And, I didn't like the idea of not having the first rookie batter putting down the sac bunt vs. Lidge. In fact, why the hell was he even batting against a veteren like LIdge in the first place?

Very poorly managed game, once again.