Betting Talk

2 Big MMA cards tonight

milfhuntermilfhunter Senior Member
edited July 2008 in Sports Betting
Affliction PPV and the ufc spike free show.. The affliction card has alot of high lines and i havent been able to find anything i really like..

The Ufc card has one of the best p4p fighters stepping up in weight. Anderson silva is -400 over james irvin. like i said before i cant see silva losing so im on him

Looking at Hermes Franca at +130 over Frankie Edgar.. Edgar had trouble with a bigger 155er in his only loss and Franca is a big 155 with good ground skills..

any other plays out there????

Comments

• Gator101Gator101 Banned
    edited July 2008
    I am pretty much on the same page as you milfhunter, only other one would be Brandon Vera but i have him at -500 way to much juice expecially for that fight. gl on your plays
    edited July 2008
    Will have to add Fedor or sylvia big, Fedor will dominate him easily. And for more of a long shot would be Pedro Rizzo+275 he could win this fight i think there is some good value here. JMO
  • zhp2m3zhp2m3 Senior Member
    edited July 2008
    I was going to start a thread with my play for the UFC fight night today, but I might as well just add to this since it looks like we like the same plays

The lines are just too high for most of the cards including Anderson Silva even though he should absolutely get a win over Irvin.

Hermes Franca +130 is my only play for tonight. He is a seasoned fighter whose rise to the belt fell short after his bout with Sherk and the alleged performance enhancing supplements. However, there is no doubt about his brazilian jiu-jitsu skills and his heavy hands. Franky Edgar is an agile and quick all around skilled fighter with two of his most impressive wins coming over Tyson Griffin and Spencer Fisher. However, I think it's a bad matchup for Edgar. In Edgar's last fight and unanimous decision lost against Gray Maynard, he had trouble keeping Maynard down and in my eyes was outstriked. Although I think Maynard is a rising start since his Ultimate Fighter showing, I think he is a level below Franca whose unorthodox striking and masterful ground game should get a win over Franky. Another thing to add is that Hermes is one of those fighters that also uses his body type to his advantage..his arms are a bit longer and it suits his well in his submission game with more than half of his wins coming this way.

Enjoy the card tonight and good luck
  • kid1970kid1970 Senior Member
    edited July 2008
    Gator just so you know Reese Andy was a three time all american wrestler in college and Vera he trained with me at the olympic training center in Colorado I am telling you right now I posted the line a week or so back when it was up around +500 for Reese and Brandon has reach and kicks but nowhere near the wrestling backround. As you can see the line is down around +350 I got 500 on Reese good luck. Let's not forget Brandon is cutting a little weight. Another line and a buddy of mine is Matt Linland he was a silver medalist in Greco Roman and one hell of a fighter his line is high but still very confident. We taught a wrestling camp together in Michigan and funny story his son James was like 5 or 6 no bs he ran slash walked 10 miles for like 500 bucks. Matt is one great and funny guy.

Gl and and any wrestlers in MMA you ever want any insight on just let me know. Keep in mind team quest where Henderson is out of a guy by the Name of Joe Warren great friend of mine keep you eye out for this guy.
    edited July 2008
    added junior college national champ and ASU wrestler (keep in mind I thought they where going to drop this college program) -140
    edited July 2008
    Sorry forgot to add his name CB Dolloway -140
    edited July 2008
    ya i know that is way to much juice that is why i am laying off that one