Betting Talk

Absolutely Shocking Stat!

BradyBrady Banned
edited May 2008 in Sports Betting
I went to wager line today because i was trying to tell someone that my favorite way to bet bases is to spot pick favorites in good spots where they should get the win..
Good cappers doing this can hit 66-70% throughout the year. But is that better than hitting 45-50% on underdogs?

Anyways i went to check underdog/favorite ATS and unless i got this wrong..
are you ready.........
2008 MLB<TABLE class=data cellSpacing=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=datacell>Dogs</TD><TD class=datacell>408-261</TD><TD class=datacell>60.99%</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

if that is right than dog bettors should be up huge.

Comments

• BradyBrady Banned
    edited May 2008
    i'm still staring at the number. lets assume all dogs are at least +1.2
    thats +489.6 - 261.0 = +228.6 x 100$ =$22,860 for dollar bettors?????

this cant be right.. my brain must be cooked.
  • SymoSymo Senior Member
    edited May 2008
    The truth is out there.
    I’m up huge but it’s not from the unders.
    It’s from following the studs (you know who you are) on this board.
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
    http://www.bettingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=128619
    <o:p></o:p>
    http://www.bettingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=128620
    <o:p></o:p>
    http://www.bettingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=128762
  • homerplayerhomerplayer Senior Member
    edited May 2008
    Brady wrote:
    I
    Anyways i went to check underdog/favorite ATS and unless i got this wrong..
    are you ready.........
    2008 MLB<TABLE class=data cellSpacing=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=datacell>Dogs</TD><TD class=datacell>408-261</TD><TD class=datacell>60.99%</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

did you run all these numbers yourself, or did you find a site that you can search. i used ATS database until the bastards starting charging...

if you know a good search engine site for ATS stuff, please pass it along
  • BradyBrady Banned
    edited May 2008
    wagerline stats

Against The Spread (ATS)
    Category Record Percent
    Away Teams 366-303 54.71%
    Home Teams 303-366 45.29%
    Favorites 261-408 39.01%
    Dogs 408-261 60.99%

Away Favorites 70-112 38.46%
    Away Dogs 296-191 60.78%
    Home Favorites 191-296 39.22%
    Home Dogs 112-70 61.54%
  • jaanisjaanis Senior Member
    edited May 2008
    Would not doubt it. To many times in baseball that away teams are favs over home dogs because of the starting pitchrs, when in reality many games come down to the bullpen.
  • GooseSTLGooseSTL Senior Member
    edited May 2008
    jaanis wrote:
    Would not doubt it. To many times in baseball that away teams are favs over home dogs because of the starting pitchrs, when in reality most games come down to the bullpen.

Fixed.

MLB isn't like it was 10, 15 even 20 years ago anymore. How often do you see a starter go past 5,6, even 7 innings. Not often. If you are going to bet the starter, then bet the first 5 innings if you don't know anything about the bullpens.
  • beefcakebeefcake Senior Member
    edited May 2008
    thats nuts....wish i had gotten on it from the beginning..
  • LitlproLitlpro Senior Member
    edited May 2008
    That would be a shocking stat, but it is not even close to being right.
  • BradyBrady Banned
    edited May 2008
    are you sure.. how could their record be that far odd for such a well traveled site
  • Duke30Duke30 Senior Member
    edited May 2008
    Those are ATS records, so +1.5 runs and in most cases you would be minus odds

<TABLE height=260 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=595 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD background=http://images.***********/wagerline/brick_headers/blue_head_595.gif height=21>MLB LEAGUE TRENDS

</TD></TR><TR><TD><TABLE class=bottom cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left height=565><SELECT class=smtext2 id=ddlLastDays name=lastSelect> <OPTION value=/Handicapping/League-Trends.aspx?page=/pick-data/trends/mlb/season.html selected>Season to Date</OPTION> <OPTION value=/Handicapping/League-Trends.aspx?page=/pick-data/trends/mlb/season1.html>Previous Day</OPTION> <OPTION value=/Handicapping/League-Trends.aspx?page=/pick-data/trends/mlb/season7.html>Last 7 Days</OPTION> <OPTION value=/Handicapping/League-Trends.aspx?page=/pick-data/trends/mlb/season30.html>Last 30 Days</OPTION> <OPTION value=/Handicapping/League-Trends.aspx?page=/pick-data/trends/mlb/season60.html>Last 60 Days</OPTION> <OPTION value=/Handicapping/League-Trends.aspx?page=/pick-data/trends/mlb/season90.html>Last 90 Days</OPTION> <OPTION value=/Handicapping/League-Trends.aspx?page=/pick-data/trends/mlb/season120.html>Last 120 Days</OPTION> <OPTION value=/Handicapping/League-Trends.aspx?page=/pick-data/trends/mlb/season150.html>Last 150 Days</OPTION> <OPTION value=/Handicapping/League-Trends.aspx?page=/pick-data/trends/mlb/season180.html>Last 180 Days</OPTION></SELECT> [IMG]http://images.***********/wagerline/buttons/go.gif[/IMG]
    Season to Date

Straight Up (Won Loss)

<TABLE class=data cellSpacing=0><TBODY><TR class=datahead><TD width="50%">Category</TD><TD width="25%">Record</TD><TD width="25%">Percent</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datacell>Away Teams</TD><TD class=datacell>296-391</TD><TD class=datacell>43.09%</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datacell>Home Teams</TD><TD class=datacell>391-296</TD><TD class=datacell>56.91%</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datacell>Favorites</TD><TD class=datacell>371-300</TD><TD class=datacell>55.29%</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datacell>Dogs</TD><TD class=datacell>300-371</TD><TD class=datacell>44.71%</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datacell>Away Favorites</TD><TD class=datacell>84-98</TD><TD class=datacell>46.15%</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datacell>Away Dogs</TD><TD class=datacell>202-287</TD><TD class=datacell>41.31%</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datacell>Home Favorites</TD><TD class=datacell>287-202</TD><TD class=datacell>58.69%</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datacell>Home Dogs</TD><TD class=datacell>98-84</TD><TD class=datacell>53.85%</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>