Betting Talk

NBA - One A Day Best Bet - Tuesday

oldackoldack Senior Member
edited March 2008 in Sports Betting
YTD (16-18) W1

Trying to get this record back to at least .500 and work from there.

Tonight i'm going with ...

UTAH -4

The Bulls have been getting there wins at home lately, but against top echilant teams. They are 5-4 in their last 9 home games but the wins have been against Cleveland, Memphis, Denver, Miami, and Minnesota. They have lost by wide margins to New Orleans and Phoenix. I don't see them being able to hang with the red hot Jazz who have been beating teams down lately and are now well rested.

Comments

• slapperslapper Senior Member
    edited March 2008
    record 3-2

gotta go witrh seattle +9 tonite against indiana, this is their only chance to salvage a win on this horrible road trip theyve been on. tomorrow nite they have the celts, so tonite they play for the win outright.good luck all.
  • AstrosFanAstrosFan Senior Member
    edited March 2008
    YTD: 17 - 12 W1

T' Blazers & T'Wolves OVER 184.5

Im going with another total today as well as another 'over' pick. This line jumps at me big time. Way too low... I think the line setters are looking too closely at march madness and not studying their NBA like they need to! Portland 101 Minny 98 GL!
  • MoneyMayMoneyMay Senior Member
    edited March 2008
    11-6

blazers -2
  • burrellburrell Senior Member
    edited March 2008
    La Lakers o213'
  • ohyepohyep Senior Member
    edited March 2008
    NBA rec (22-23) W1

Milwaukee +6.5 (Bodog)

Maybe an unpopular play, but I like a close game without Arenas and Butler. I know Wash has been decent without them, but I think it may catch up to them before they get back, which should be soon. Good luck.
  • KeyElementKeyElement Banned
    edited March 2008
    YTD Best Bets <b>43-23-1, L1</b>
    Added plays 18-20

<b><i>Minnesota +2</i></b>

The dreaded fourth game in five nights bites the Blazers tonight, as well as the fact they are not quite as good as perceived anyway. The record looks a little glossy at 33-31 for a short handed young team, but my feeling is the people are enamored with the 13 game win streak and have not gotten over it. Aside from the streak the Blazers have played 39% ball this year and had they played that way for the 13 games in the streak, they would be a much more likely 25-39 on the year and not so highly thought of. The fatigue of this road trip started to become apparent yesterday with an 80 point performance at Cleveland and the legs will not be fresh and ready tonight. They can not even look forward to going home yet as they have a date in Sacramento Thursday. That makes them a sitting duck for the Wolves, who have bushwhacked better teams in this same situation.

The prophet said “know thyself” and I think that is damn good advice for anyone, so I am going to follow it myself. I have become too distracted looking for more plays for my added thread and have not zeroed in on my best efforts. I am a one a day, best bet, heavy hitter type player and although 65% is admirable in itself, I liked 70% a lot better and was playing confidently with over 7% of my bankroll daily. Therefore, added plays are hereby suspended unless there is a very large card for the day, or an unusual number of plays that almost qualified as the best.
  • PeayManiaPeayMania Senior Member
    edited March 2008
    Jazz -3.5

Record: 2-3-1
  • mattymoneyyymattymoneyyy Member
    edited March 2008
    YTD (12-8) W3

no best bet tonight....finally have a 3 game W streak and want to make it 4, so i will wait for a play that i love....GL
  • choons81choons81 Senior Member
    edited March 2008
    Record: 8-4-1 W1 (Won Yesterday with 510 Dallas Mavericks Under 203½ )

I am trying my best to limit my plays for Best Bets, therefore I don't post everyday, but the record is accurate. Go ahead and audit if you like, if it's incorrect I would like to know to not mislead others. Anyways, tonight I stick with my trend which has been taking unders.

560 Phoenix Suns Under 223

GL
  • jaysonjayson Senior Member
    edited March 2008
    ytd 1-1

Phoenix -13.5
  • jackson21jackson21 Senior Member
    edited March 2008
    Lakers over 214 ::: Would have posted this in the morniong at 212 if not late for work - but since its 214 now, will post it as such. Both teams hitting lots of overs , unless a bad shooting game develops this sould go over too.......GL

Thread rec 16-14
    edited March 2008
    AstrosFan wrote:
    YTD: 17 - 12 W1

T' Blazers & T'Wolves OVER 184.5

Im going with another total today as well as another 'over' pick. This line jumps at me big time. Way too low... I think the line setters are looking too closely at march madness and not studying their NBA like they need to! Portland 101 Minny 98 GL!

I got to give myself kudos again! Last night I was off from my projection of the final score by 2 points (still winning the pick), and tonight I downright nailed it!

Projection: Portland 101 Minnesota 98 (199 total points)
    Actual Score : Portland 103 Minnesota 96 (199 total points!!!)

18 - 12 W2!
  • drnoxdrnox Senior Member
    edited March 2008
    Give yourself props, keep up the good work.
    edited March 2008
    Thanks drnox! I'll have Wednesday's play up by 4 et.... Looking heavily at 2 games so far.... San Antonio @ New Orleans & Charlotte @ Dallas.... Be back later! GL:clover: