Betting Talk

NBA - One A Day Best Bet - Monday

KeyElementKeyElement Banned
edited March 2008 in Sports Betting
3.10.08 YTD - Best Bets, <b>43-22-1, W1</b>

Added picks, 17-18

<b><i>LA Clippers-Miami UNDER 190.5</i></b>

I can't see these two underachievers getting near this number.

Comments

• rayjrayj Banned
    edited March 2008
    Good Luck Key...Like your Play Also...

NBA 17-11 ytd
    Monday
    Dallas/New York Over 200.5

Good Luck...
  • AstrosFanAstrosFan Senior Member
    edited March 2008
    YTD: 16 - 12 L1

Nuggets & Spurs OVER 201

I'll stick with playing the totals trend here. I looked at this last night when the total was 204 and thought this should go over and sure enough the line has dropped 3 points. I have this game at around 210 - 214. Big game tonight for both these teams. Nugz 103 Spurs 109
  • celticjmcelticjm Junior Member
    edited March 2008
    Like the play GL
  • oldackoldack Senior Member
    edited March 2008
    YTD (15-18) L2

Dallas -14

Dallas is a great home team, 26-4 on the year and the Knicks are a putrid road team at 6-24. I see this being a 15-20 point win for Dallas, very similar to the beating they handed to the Nets the other night.

GL
  • homerplayerhomerplayer Senior Member
    edited March 2008
    nothing but totals? anyway, i will now prove why i am clueless as to the NBA

9-7 W1

i don't follow the NBA all that close, but love numbers. read about the Atl/Orl game and did like 2 seconds of research. when i see these point totals for the last 6 games in this series at 185, 176, 183, 177, 177 and 193, how the hell is the total pushing 210? and people bet it up from 207!! and when they played earlier this year the total was 194.5, which 185 stayed under. i think you guys see wher i am heading with this one. they averaged 182/GM last 6 games.

Atl / Orl Under 209.5 (youwager).
  • MoneyMayMoneyMay Senior Member
    edited March 2008
    10-5

celtics -6
  • Mrtk31Mrtk31 Senior Member
    edited March 2008
    I can't see Denver keeping it close (-7) @ San Antonio. In their last 7 road games, they are 1-6. H team is 4-0 in this series & Spurs 7-3 overall v. Denver. SA defense is ave. 88 @ H.

gl
  • Derma2Derma2 Senior Member
    edited March 2008
    Record 17-6 W2 ( Won Yesterday on the Chicago +9)

Todays picks
    Boston/Phillie over 192.5

Both times this season, these two teams have gone over 200 points. I do not usually base my final analyses on trends, but these two team have been playing really well lately, and have been putting up points. The spread looks low enough for me to take advantage of it. The lowest I would give these two would be 194.5. I see this game as a fighting chance since Boston is not really a defensive team. And Phillie is hot right now. Gl all
  • grampsgramps Senior Member
    edited March 2008
    ytd 4-1

PORTLAND +5
  • PeayManiaPeayMania Senior Member
    edited March 2008
    Houston/New Jersey under 191

Record: 1-3-1
  • MoneyMayMoneyMay Senior Member
    edited March 2008
    switching my play to the clippers -2

10-5 W1
    edited March 2008
    Derma2 wrote:
    Record 17-6 W2 ( Won Yesterday on the Chicago +9)

Todays picks
    Boston/Phillie over 192.5

The spread looks low enough for me to take advantage of it. The lowest I would give these two would be 194.5. I see this game as a fighting chance since Boston is not really a defensive team. And Phillie is hot right now. Gl all

Boston not a defensive team???? I dont have any insight into this game because I didn't spend any time looking at it, but bro... the Celtics are #1 in the NBA in points against them at 90.4.. They've been shutting down other teams' offense all year. Just an FYI. GL:clover:
  • slapperslapper Senior Member
    edited March 2008
    record 2-2

gotta go with the celtics -6, also love the over 193 as an added play. good luck to all
  • KeyElementKeyElement Banned
    edited March 2008
    MoneyMay - I can't really buy into switching your play 2.5 hours after you claimed it as your "Best Bet" - that just seems very unfair to those that may respect your excellent 10-5 record and already played the Celtics -6. I think for today you should stand responsible for BOTH plays (and I sincerely hope you hit both). Please be more careful in the future and review your possible plays before posting.

I have no authority on this site but management has expressed pleasure with threads that are "self policing" and since I started this thing in November I feel sort of responsible for it's conduct - hope you agree and GL with your plays.
  • Derma2Derma2 Senior Member
    edited March 2008
    AstrosFan wrote:
    Boston not a defensive team???? I dont have any insight into this game because I didn't spend any time looking at it, but bro... the Celtics are #1 in the NBA in points against them at 90.4.. They've been shutting down other teams' offense all year. Just an FYI. GL:clover:

Thanks AstroFan, For the info, but i still like this game. I am sorry if I worded that wrong, Maybe I should have said there defense was off for a while on their road games, I do not really look at stat, that always messes someone up. I Look at the time from last 6 games or more. And check everything and read up on a lot of info, This is what i read today, on a site It said "Boston s defense has tightened up recently, holding opponents to an average of 89 points in its last three road games after allowing 109.3 in the previous three. The three recently are Memphis, Chicago, Detroit , First team struggling big, second and third loves to play defense..

Boston is offense is good against Phillie this season, Even if Phillie does not put up points, Boston will. With the spread that low I will take advantage. Gl
  • hotbustophotbustop Senior Member
    edited March 2008
    Spurs -7 over Denver

Lost yesterday snapping a solid 6 or 7 game win streak.
    Hopefu,lly back on the winning side tonight.
  • mattymoneyyymattymoneyyy Member
    edited March 2008
    YTD (11-8) W2

Orl -10
  • mypicsmypics Senior Member
    edited March 2008
    Clippers -2.. i aint changing it
  • ohyepohyep Senior Member
    edited March 2008
    NBA rec (23-24) W1

No play today, but lean to San Antonio -7. Good Luck All.
  • jackson21jackson21 Senior Member
    edited March 2008
    Denver/ San Antonio Over 200.5 (Posted total as of now.) Both teams hitting overs with regularity lately, (sure sign it will stay under,LOL) ---but my call is for Over. ---not cherry picking here but when you post this late there is bound to be a play I like that someone else likes too...working all day ,SurfControl keeps mre off bettingtalk on the job.......GL

Thread rec. 15-14
  • jaysonjayson Senior Member
    edited March 2008
    1-0

SA / Denver under 200.5

GL
  • choons81choons81 Senior Member
    edited March 2008
    Record to follow. Wanted to get this up with 10 Mins to Tip off.

Fading the line move, pure and simple.

510 Dallas Mavericks Under 203½

GL
  • choons81choons81 Senior Member
    edited March 2008
    choons81 wrote:
    Record to follow. Wanted to get this up with 10 Mins to Tip off.

Fading the line move, pure and simple.

510 Dallas Mavericks Under 203½

GL

Record stands @ 7-4-1 L2 (last play was 502 Chicago Bulls Under 196.5 from March 6)

Like to keep this thread in it's original form which is One A Day, with a posted record.
    I prefer to keep Key Element happy, as this is his brainchild. Someone's got to take the responsibility lol

GL
    edited March 2008
    AstrosFan wrote:
    YTD: 16 - 12 L1

Nuggets & Spurs OVER 201

I'll stick with playing the totals trend here. I looked at this last night when the total was 204 and thought this should go over and sure enough the line has dropped 3 points. I have this game at around 210 - 214. Big game tonight for both these teams. Nugz 103 Spurs 109

I got to toot my own horn here... simply because I almost Nostradamus'ed this game completely!

Projection: Nuggets 103 Spurs 109
    Actual Score: Nugs 103 Spurs 107
    (210 total points as stated above)

Damn that feels good! :thumbup1: