Betting Talk

Good stuff on espn this

chumlychumly Banned
edited February 2008 in Sports Betting
morning talking about how this was the best officiated superbowl they could remember which was true not 1 bad call all game hats off to the officials. Also talking about how bellichek is garbage also very true this guy is a great coach but a grade a asswhole as a person he loves to run up the score on teams each week but yesterday he showed what a true piece of shit he is.

Comments

• bluechipbluechip Senior Member
    edited February 2008
    If you are talking about him running off the field with one second left then what's the big deal? The guy went out of his way to congrat TC when everyone thought the game was over. I knew people would try to make this a big deal but frankly why make it one?
  • oldackoldack Senior Member
    edited February 2008
    I would say the only call the officials missed was that 3rd down Toomer catch, it ended up not having too big of an impact because the interception came later in that drive but that was the one missed call, could have been called offensive interference. Other than that Carey and his crew did a fantastic job, everyone can miss one call throughout a game its no big deal.
  • BookbrakerBookbraker Senior Member
    edited February 2008
    you are right it was officiated very well. I didn't understand how Belcheat was able to challenge 12 men on the field. I don't remember seeing that one before. I was unaware you could challenge a penalty or a potential one. There wasn't an outcry so I guess they got it right. At the time it was a big play in the game thats for sure.
  • buck4493buck4493 Senior Member
    edited February 2008
    kraft makes a big deal out of a girl getting booed at a colts game as did pats fans, but belechik running away from his team that has stuck behind him and played their asses off all year is no big deal.
    Right or wrong the game wasnt over. The games arent 59:50 long.

That was a classless move anyway you slice it. The cameras moved directly to the losing coach running off the field instead of showing the Champions.
  • chumlychumly Banned
    edited February 2008
    would he have left if they were ahead 49-7 in a game with 1 second left?
    edited February 2008
    or right before half with a chance to tie with a FG?/
  • GooseSTLGooseSTL Senior Member
    edited February 2008
    I wish everyone would relax on this Bellicheck thing. I rewatched the game. The clock ran down to :00. He ran across the field to congratualte TC. As he was leaving the field, they put :02 back on. Even Buck said that it is an NFL rule to run the last play. Why would he come back to see a kneel down? I think everyone is taking this too far because they call him a cheater. I don't hate him or like him, just my opinion.

You probably won't see him again anyway as he is going to retire before the NFL suspends him after they review the taping of the walkthrough that beat the Rams.
  • Biggs55Biggs55 Senior Member
    edited February 2008
    Come on guys -- give it a rest. The guy went over and shook hands with 1 second left when he thought the game was over. I don't think he had to go back over after the 1 second elapsed. Yopu guys are just looking for something to complain about -- you must have bet on the Pats and/or the over big time and have to find something to bitch about. Move on to something else.
  • doggie29doggie29 Senior Member
    edited February 2008
    The refs in this game did an outstanding job and that crew deserves to get the superbowl again next year.

As far as the belichick thing, he totally ruined the giants celebration and i truly believe that was his intentions.
    That moment when the gun goes off is what the players want, not having to recreate that moment a few minutes later because the other teams coach is a complete dickhead.
    This guy is by far the biggest sore loser i have seen in a very long time in sports.
    He sets a very bad example for young kids growing up that watch how he acts.
    Oh and one last thing, i really believe that belichick is no genius without all his cheating videos. He got smoked by coughlin. Belichick looked like a rookie coach. Also brady without having 50 minutes to sit in the pocket and pass looked more and more like a 7 th round draft choice.
  • Duke30Duke30 Senior Member
    edited February 2008
    The Manning fumble that Woods fell on and then Bradshaw wrestled away was a bad call IMO. It seems to me the refs are more willing to unstack the pile and see who has the ball rather than make the call. Woods was on the ball and touched by Bradshaw on this back and then had the ball ripped out. I don't think this would have changed anything but a bad call in my mind
  • homerplayerhomerplayer Senior Member
    edited February 2008
    yeah Duke, at first glance i thought that call was terrible, as i had the over. but the replay from the New England endzond side showed he never had posession. it was nearly between his legs, not even sure he had both hands on it....

i was also surprised their was no review of the Tyree catch against his helmet....no doubt a catch after replay, but looked as it may have glanced the ground....that had to be one of the best plays in Superbowl history....

however, the Pats couldn't stop NY's front 4 with 5 or 6 guys....dominated
    edited February 2008
    answer: to have class and lead his team responsible for putting him in the super bowl off the field. Not running off like a complete bitch.