Betting Talk

Super Bowl Props

Mrtk31Mrtk31 Senior Member
edited January 2008 in Sports Betting
Please post your 'best' prop: naturally reasoning would be appreciated.

First score not a TD +160: Both kickers hit c.85% fgs when given the opportunity.
Neither punting unit is very good or bad: so no return likely.
Neither ko unit is above average either.

Giants will play ball control. NE offense ave is only 11.2 per pass play, which is below average. So even though they are #1, they don't BOMB you.

Comments

• OSU4Life133OSU4Life133 Senior Member
    edited January 2008
    Coin Toss = HEADS. 600/500
  • trufan101trufan101 Senior Member
    edited January 2008
    no score in the first 5 1/2 minutes. if giants get ball first they will try to mount a long run drive.
  • SunBelterSunBelter Senior Member
    edited January 2008
    Gotta disagree OSU. From all my days calling the toss for my league softball team I gotta say "tails never fails." lol At least it worked in the BCS championship game this yr.
  • hornhorn Super Moderator
    edited January 2008
    Will both teams make a FG of 32+ yards. YES +105.

Both teams pretty solid kickers. FG have proven vital in Pats Super Bowl games. Both teams can be described as having bend but dont break defenses. Nice weather in Arizona.
  • DozeDoze Banned
    edited January 2008
    i prop i like more than all others:

faulk longest pass reception over 9.5

i think faulk is the unsung hero on the team. brady looks to him at least 5 times through the air and i am willing to bet he gets 10 on at least 1 of them.
  • Duke30Duke30 Senior Member
    edited January 2008
    Not a "prop" per se but Wes Welker MVP 10-1. These odds are actually kind of low but still like them, Brady will be the big name but the voters will give the award elsewhere after his regular season MVP and other records..
  • homerplayerhomerplayer Senior Member
    edited January 2008
    1. NY Giants will attack this defense as they did for the first 3 quarters in week 17....That is assuming the clock doesn't strike midnight, turning Eli back into the little Manning that couldn't...

my favorite two props won't even be listed

2. Will Both Strahan and Umenyiora have their Jerseys intact by game's end No -$22,200

3. Number of bitch fits thrown by Brady during game Over 1.5 -$155.

4. For real though, the easiest one on the board...Under 7.5 punts +$110. 6 total punts in the first meeting...Coughlin has to know that punts and FGs must be a last resort, anything on the Pats' side of the 50 should be 4 down territory...

5. Over whatever passing yards for Brady....NYG took away the run and their defense held up great until Sammy go sidelined.....Brady will have no choice by to throw nearly ever down again, more thorws, more plays, longer game, over the total....NYGiants have no reason to change all that much from week 17 as the had better of the play for much of the game....attack, attack, attack.....
  • OSU4Life133OSU4Life133 Senior Member
    edited January 2008
    LOL Sun, that was my thinking also. I was 5-1 picking heads for my flag-football team last fall. One of us will win.....Best odds of any prop bet. GL