Betting Talk

Brillo Wednesday NCAA Hoops Picks

brillo12brillo12 Senior Member
edited January 2008 in Sports Betting
5-1 tuesday...puts me at ....9-1 for the week....if you throw in sunday's 2-0....thats 11-1 over the last three days....hopefully a couple more good days will wipe out that horrendously poor start of the month!

november record: 91-79..53.5% winners +4.1 units
december record: 72-65..52.6% winners +0.5 units

currently 46-52-4 for january...47% winners ..-11.2 units

all wagers placed with local and 10% juice included in units calculations
all wagers posted on bt

today's theme is "let down" day plays

i like four teams who play teams that may just be in a "let down" mode tonite.

wednesday plays:

727 purdue -1....a year ago i said i see nothing but good things happening for the boilermakers after their fine performane in hawaii tournament in dec.2006..... i still feel this way, as they are 11-5 overall so far this year and could be a spoiler in the big ten this year...they are talented and now must learn how to win on the road...they are coming off a big home w over ohio state, and starting to make some waves in the big ten...they go into iowa city tonite to play a hawkeye team that is probably still celebrating over that upset victory over nationally ranked 6th at the time- michigan state- this past week end......a typical let down situation....watch out hawkeyes ...this purdue team is young and hungry....hawkeyes are ripe to get popped....purdue is ready.....play the boilermakers.

780 wyoming-2......is one of those teams like indiana state...you gotta love em at home...terrible at times on the road.....air force may have the better record at 9-6...but they really don't have many quality wins this year....and are a terrible 0-4 for true road games...now they head into a very tuff environment at wyoming, who is out to snap a 2 game losing streak....air force is also coming off a very big w over unlv this last weekend and now take to the road...another possible let down mode...although not as big as my others....but the play is definitely ewing and company tonite....wyoming.

760 iowa state -6....this is a huge game for the10-6 cyclones tonite at home where they play much better as they take on the missouri tigers...missouri is an awful 1-5 on the road this season where they struggle alot....an entirely different team on the road as opposed to being in columbia...they are coming off a gigantic win over texas over the weekend and will definitely be in let down mode when they take to the road and visit iowa state!!.....play is on the cyclones!!

764 ole miss -4-....this florida team is a young team this year and is gonna take some lumps in conference play this year...starting tonite.... and mississippi is a tuff place for a bunch of young kids to go into....they are also coming off a couple of big w's in southeastern conference play over auburn and at alabama...they definitely could be due for a let down, and ole miss at 14-1 will definitely be ready for them...as will be their fans!!!..rebels only a couple points from a perfect season with that only loss being to one of the topteams in the nation in tennessee 85-83...i think the rebels will take the gators back to old wood shed tonite and teach em a little lesson!!....play the Mississippi Runnin Rebels tonight!!

gl if you play em or not.........brillo

Comments

• brillo12brillo12 Senior Member
    edited January 2008
    iowa state is catching 6...not giving 6.....a brillo typo....sorry about that but i am sure you all caught that!......although i will go out on the line and issue another " brillo upset alert " on this one...i believe iowa state beats missouri outright tonite....but i will take the 6 points just in case!!!
  • rock2rock2 Senior Member
    edited January 2008
    BOUT TIME U START WININNG LMFAO U KNOW JUST KIDDING I KNEW IT WAS JUST A MATTER OF TIME THAT U GET HOTT AGAIN I LOVVVVVVVVVE IOWA ST TONIGHT GETTING 6 IS A FUCKING GIFT U KNOW THAT I LIVE HERE IN MISSOURI AND FOLLOW THEM CLOSELY AND U HIT IT ON THE NOSE THAT THE TIGERS ARE WAYYYY different on the rd no doubt
    GLLLLLLLL HOPE THE WININNGGGG KEEPS ROLLING CAUSE IM ON ALL OF THEM
    GETTTY UP
    GETER DONE PEACE
    edited January 2008
    thanx, rock...lets cash em together....i liked alot of games tonite, but these four are definitely my favorites for tonite....they just kind of stood out...glad to hear that you like em , too......just may add a few more later, but don't want to press my luck!...lets get em again tonite
  • Duke30Duke30 Senior Member
    edited January 2008
    2-0 posted ATS against Purdue this year but I think you have a good one here. They have played very well on the road vs Clemson, Mizzou and MSU, think they earn the W tonight.
    edited January 2008
    good hearing from you again duke...yeah i like that purdue game alot tonite....

one thing that is scary about tonite is that i usually look over all the games and then narrow my wagers down to the plays i post ....and also have alot of heavy leans.....but when i look at all of my almost plays and heavy leans that i picked for today....and then look at the threads of sunbelter...mike riordin...cashman...and aaa...they all match up...in other words if i played them all it could produce a very $$$ day if they come in......even like sunbelters nba play of portland very much...that was gonna be my big nba play tonite.........may just go for it and play everybody elses plays along with mine...and go for the books "jugular" tonite!!!...something i will have to think about!
  • jaanisjaanis Senior Member
    edited January 2008
    On with yeah Brillo!
    edited January 2008
    718 florida state +6....seminoles are a team that just always finds a way to pick up home wins...as shown by their 9-0 record at home this year ...only 3-3 ats at home but nevertheless they are 9-0 and also have won their last two encounters with the dukies........who are very young this year and although duke is 5-1 on the road ....they have only covered one road game........florida state is having a good season and even gave clemson a real run for their money.....i see this game tonite as another close one.......to start off the evening on national television espn...duke may just finally win one in tallahassee, but i doubt they will cover because the seminoles will play hard for the partisan fans!!

711 de paul +11....blue demons seem to be playing more as a unit now...having won 5 of their last 6 and covering 4 of them....only bad game was against the hoyas who beat them pretty good.....they also have won their last two road games...........so depaul has been playing with purpose and is off to a 3-1 start in the big east....they beat nova at home a couple of weeks ago already by 8 points, and although nova will probably win this game.....i just think depaul will keep it close tonight......playing a hunch..........so i will take the points and depaul tonite.
    edited January 2008
    we are going to make it a huge card and play two more to make it an eight pack for tonite and that is it!

736 bill and mary -3-...i wagered on wm and mary in december twice and they lost me money so i shelved them...but i knew they would come around sooner or later....they are now 5-3 ats enroute to a 7-8 overall record and are playing well now...mike riordin posted them earler this morning and i will follow him because i really think alot of mikes ability as a capper!....besides bill and mary owes me!....hahaha!

747 alabama +4....dont know if this is so much a play on alabama or a play against georgia....but i have seen georgia play a few games this year and cant get their poor play in those early games out of my mind....wisconsin totally dismantled them in late november....then they lost two games in a tournament in , i believe, hawaii, ...then they almost lost to a poor hawaii team...and i just dont remember seeing anything good about their play!!....also, alabama is a fine basketball team, and has dropped their first two sec games, and i just cant see them starting off 0-3 in conference play....they will put up a fight tonite...and i believe they will beat this georgia squad outright!....

so that makes for a mid-week brillo eight pack.....worked up a thirst posting all these wednesday picks and is just about cocktail hour here in wisconsin.....so i think i will pop a cold one ...to go along with the weather that is headed our way....gl tonight to all.......and remember these final words i leave you with today.........

GO PACKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!the only wholly owned team in professional sports owned by the people and for the people of wisconsin....not greedy millionaires....that is right .....the working stiffs like me....we own em!!!...and they cant go no where unless we say so!...thats a fact!.......love to see it when guys like billionaire jones and his cowboys lose....even if they would not have though....the pack would have gone down south and taken care of them this coming weekend ........and would have shown america once again that itsy bitsy little ole green bay wisconsin still is home to the real america' team!!....but for now we will focus on the new york giants....

pack 38 giants 14..........and after this .......then its time to focus on new england (i think)...and boy are they ever lucky the super bowl is not in green bay...the football capital of the world!!...if you have ever been in green bay ...you would know why i make that comment... the packer hall of fame it has no rival except in canton' nfl hall of fame .....and lambeau field also has no rival when it comes to football stadiums......you can feel the history of the game from its beginning when you visit there!.....the legends and ghosts of teams past roam and protect packer country!.....it is truly worth the trip to see those two things!!!

gl to all with the hoops plays to all tonite...................brillo
  • RudyNYC27RudyNYC27 Banned
    edited January 2008
    You (and I) have to get a life...KIDDING, my friend!

Always appreciate the write-ups.

GL tonight,
    RUDY
    edited January 2008
    rudy...yeah but lets wait till after hoops season to start those new lives!!!!...hahaha....by the way, i know we are going to have a nice gentlemans bet for the marquette -g town game come march 1st....for hillarie attire ...i know you are putting up a pantsuit ( does not include bra and panties)....don't know what i am going to put up for that one yet......it would take alot of brats and cheese to equal the value of that pantsuit....!!!....what would you like to wager for the pack-giant game....how many points you giving me...hahaha....talk to ya later....and gl tonight with the hoops plays......brillo
  • firedudefiredude Member
    edited January 2008
    Thanks in advance for your write ups and plays I am with you!
    edited January 2008
    firedude...gl tonite if you play any of them....hopefully we can make some $$$ together tonite on humpday- or night....
  • Gator101Gator101 Banned
    edited January 2008
    Thanks For The Winners Yesterday!!! U The Man!!
    edited January 2008
    i know i said i would not play anymore missouri valley games for awhile but my local still had drake at -2 for now!... ...and they are on a major roll going into a injured and down bradley team so what the hell, i figured they were worth a shot!....puts me back in the valley...but just for tonite!!
    edited January 2008
    thanx, gator!...gl tonite also....brillo
  • steortex2steortex2 Senior Member
    edited January 2008
    Got Wyom to Overtime got a chance at 3-1
    edited January 2008
    well we hit a little stumbling block in my road to recovery tonite......lots of games that went down to the wire and all were lost!!!......should have had covers with mississippi......fla state could have easily played better in the last minute and covered !...wyoming lost another ot game...wm and mary missed a cover by a hoop and drake also lost a cover by a hoop...even alabama just about covered .......oh boy......hard to take all losses with absolutely zero breaks!..what could have been, maybe even should have been a great night turned into a disaster!!....till tomorrow!!

ended up going....... 3-6 for the night...

which brins my weekly record (mon-wed) to....12-7

and january record to 49-58-4

hopefully tomorrow night will fare better