Betting Talk

Afc Winner

bigweavbigweav Banned
edited January 2008 in Sports Betting
I did this last year and caught some greif from alot of people on here, but it worked out fine for me. This time last season I took the Colts to win the Superbowl at +1100. A few people commented on how stupid it was, and a few actually liked it. The Colts where the three seed coming in and nobody was talking about them. This year I am doing the same thing. The hottest team in the league (other than the pats, duh) Is the San Diego Chargers. At +1250 this is an awsome bet. And they dont even have to win the super bowl, just the AFC. If anybody is going to beat the Pats it will be the Chargers. Hear me out.....

The Eagles and the Ravens played the Pats tough by sending complicated blitz backages at Brady. Who better to put pressure on Brady than arguable the best duo of pass rushing OLB's, Merriman and Phillips. Well sending all those blitzers will just open it up for Moss and co.?Take a look at the Bolts secondary, CBs Jammer, Florence, and the young stud Cromartie. Safteys Mcree and Keil. The trio of CBs is the 2nd best in the League(behind Denver). Mcree has been having a career season, and Keil isnt anything special but a great help in the running game.
The Bolts offense has finally began to click, the Adition of Chambers has really help boost Rivers confidence, as well as the emergence of Vincint Jackson. Add in the best TE in the league and one of the top O lines and Rivers is out of excuses, he has to, and will perform. Plus they can always lean on their running game. Micheal the Burner Turner, and whats his name, the other guy.....#21?

Bolts have won 6 in a row and 10 out of 12.

Think of this like a three team parlay, the first game your a 9 point favorite. So after this weekend it should be down to a two teamer. I feel pretty confident in this play, and at +1250, its worth a shot insnt it?

CHARGERS TO WIN THE AFC (+1250)

Comments

• firstclassfirstclass Senior Member
    edited January 2008
    jacksonville afc +1000.00

superbowl + 1900.00

gluck
  • NEJimNEJim Senior Member
    edited January 2008
    I think SD would have hard time V. NE in NE and not so sure they have the last 2 beatings by Pats behind them. GL ..FC got to agree if NE gos down it might be Jacksonville!
  • bigweavbigweav Banned
    edited January 2008
    FC, I would LOOOOOVE to see Jax knock off the Pats. That would mean Chargers at home in the AFC championship.
  • blueblue Senior Member
    edited January 2008
    Not a bad choice bigweav, but I don't see how SD could beat the Colts at home. The Colts played the worst game possible against SD earlier in the year, and still had a chance to win the game at the end. Rivers too inconsistent of a qb for my taste. But I will say besides Jax, their defense has the best possibility of disrupting Brady and Co.
  • beefcakebeefcake Senior Member
    edited January 2008
    i think 99.9% of the entire civilized world is on the chargers to win this game and make a deep run..
    ill play ultimate contrarian and take....

titans $$$$ line +350
  • LitlproLitlpro Senior Member
    edited January 2008
    No chance in my opinion. I understand your reasoning, but two problems:

Rivers and Norv Turner

Good luck though...

lp