Betting Talk

Thursday - Saturday NCAAF & MLB

Duke30Duke30 Senior Member
edited October 2007 in Sports Betting
NCAA 8-9 -11.1 (Last week 1-6 – 14.4 units OUCH!!)
NFL 4-3 -0.9
MLB Playoffs 2-0-1 +3.2

Very, very tough week last one, lets turn this around

101 Boston College +3.5 3 UNITS
Blacksburg is definitely a tough place to play but for road games you have to look to the opposing QB. Ryan has great experience on the road and will push this BC team. I also don’t expect any stupid mistakes from him that will lead to 7 the other way. This is also a play based on my guess that Taylor will be out/ineffective. Glennon is not a good QB and that should worry VT fans and backers

138 Texas Tech -13 4 UNITS
Graham Harrell and Leach against a Buffs team that has given up a limited amount of passing yards in all games except Baylor. However, the D is allowing a high completion % and this will get ugly fast. We all know that Leach is not against running up the score whenever he can and this is another golden opportunity for him.

146 Oregon -3 3 UNITS
This USC team is nowhere close to where they were with Leinart, Bush et al. Oregon, Cal and others in the Pac-10 will get their revenge this year and next while the great recruits for Carroll get experience. Add in the fact that Oregon may be one of the toughest places to play. I think this one is decided by 10+

156 Florida -9 2 UNITS
This game will go the same as it did when each team played Tennessee. Florida put up a lot of points early, Georgia gave up a lot of points early. This Bulldog team does not have anyone on offense that scares anyone while Florida is starting to hit their stride

MLB
Red Sox -1.5 -110
We all know we shouldn't bet against real long winning streaks but the Rockies are due for a down game and going against arguably the best postseason pitcher of his era is the perfect chance. Red Sox are flying high but this group of veterans know how important game 1 is. They will force Francis to throw a lot of pitches and be perfect.

Off to West Lafayette for the weekend so I will not be able to post later. Good luck everyone

Comments

• Slim3320Slim3320 Member
    edited October 2007
    glennon is not starting! Its gunna be very raining and winddy condtions, ryan and BC offense will be more affected than VT.
  • Duke30Duke30 Senior Member
    edited October 2007
    Coach Frank Beamer said Tuesday he doesn't think Taylor would play if he's not close to 100 percent recovered, especially not considering the stakes. The Eagles (7-0, 3-0) are one of only two other unbeatens in ACC play, and the Hokies will play the other one in their traditional Thanksgiving weekend contest at Virginia.

"I don't think you put Tyrod out there gimpy," Beamer said. "I think this is going to be a violent game. I think it's going to be one of those tough, tough, tough football games, and I don't think you want a guy that's not 100 percent out there."

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3076168

I actually said that with him getting playing time. Are you 100% sure Taylor will play the entire game? If yes then I would like more information from the athletic trainer and coach, thanks.