Betting Talk

POLL: What % of pro sports are fixed?

RightAngleRightAngle Admin
edited August 2007 in Sports Betting
What percentage of pro sporting events (MLB, NFL, NBA) are fixed by either players, officials, coaches, or others?

Comments

• FlipperFlipper Member
    edited July 2007
    I think it happens much more in college hoops and horse racing than in any other sport.
  • Mrtk31Mrtk31 Senior Member
    edited July 2007
    Wrestling? Boxing?
  • SkeltorSkeltor Member
    edited July 2007
    I have no doubt that NBA totals are fixed to some degree. Have seen it happen where a player looked to a coach and was given a nod when they were up by 8 with the total at a push and 5 seconds left on the clock. He drove baseline and made a layup and the over hit. No reason to even shoot much less drive for a layup. The 20 second clock wasn't a factor and the other team was flat footed. It just seemed too fishy even though I won with that shot.
  • chumlychumly Banned
    edited July 2007
    Well the easiest way to fix a game for a ref is the over call a bunch of fouls when a team is in the bonus nice article in the paper today of one of the bucks games that ref must have bet the over on
  • triple htriple h Senior Member
    edited July 2007
    I would say 0-5% in pros and a little more in college. When it happens in the pros I would say it is more likely to have an official effect the outcome of a game then a player just do to the fact that players make so much money.
  • elysse1elysse1 Senior Member
    edited July 2007
    triple h wrote:
    I would say 0-5% in pros and a little more in college. When it happens in the pros I would say it is more likely to have an official effect the outcome of a game then a player just do to the fact that players make so much money.

I totally disagree with this.
    Many times when a person has all the money he wants/needs, the next thing is power.
    I believe that for example some NBA players with their huge egos and streetlike mentality would like nothing better than to try to control the pointspread or total outcome once the game is decided.
    In short, in instances like this I do not believe sheer logic is always the proper way in which to analyze the situation at hand-there are simply too many intangibles.
  • AAASportsAAASports Banned
    edited July 2007
    Why not get rid of all of these responses on this thread. I do think that they have been up long enough and are distracting me from seeing the rest of the forum...

Sincerely,

AAA
  • StricknineStricknine Senior Member
    edited August 2007
    AAASports wrote:
    Why not get rid of all of these responses on this thread. I do think that they have been up long enough and are distracting me from seeing the rest of the forum...

Sincerely,

AAA

I agree. Fixing games is very rare. Nobody on this board really knows what the fuck they are talking about when it comes to fixing games, bc the people that are involved dont share that kind of information on public forums.
  • MoneyTalksMoneyTalks Banned
    edited August 2007
    The typical gambler says every time he loses a bet, the game was fixed.