Betting Talk

IC: June 10th

indiancowboyindiancowboy Senior Member
edited June 2007 in Sports Betting
I had 7 plays today. but I decided to wind it down to 5. They all come within the spreadsheets that I play and I am decided to have a little fun and do it. Sometimes, it is more important to have fun than anything else and that is exactly what I am going to do today.

NY Liberty/Indiana Fever Over 141

This was almost my only play of the day, but I decided to add on another wnba total and side as well. The Liberty finally come off their first loss and that was to the undefeated Shock at home. However, I expect them to shell out int his game and put up some points as they did the last time these 2 teams met. The last time these 2 teams met in New York, the Liberty pulled the huge upset and won 78-67 (145) as 4.5 dogs. I expect the Liberty to be an active dog today as this is frankly my favorite playf or today as I think either the Fever blow them out, or the Liberty remain as active dogs, and either way this game goes over. Keep in mind the only reason why this total is as low as it is because the recent point total of 57 against Detroit, this is a fluke and htis team was just a bit suprised with the Detroit defense and frankly stary eyed at the defending champs. However, this team is experiened with the Fever and I expect both teams to put up over 70 points. The over is 7-2-1 between these 2 teams in Indiana.

Conn Sun/Det Shock Under 150
I like this under fora few reasons with the main being that Detroit and Conn are defensive teams which mostp eople do not realize. This play is in part b/c I didn't play the Sac/Phoenix under on Saturday but this is a similar situation. The under is 8-2 in Detroit's last 10 road games, the under is 7-3 when Detroit are dogs as typically they have to rely on defense when they are not favored. Bill Lambier has this team playing strong defense as his own Pistosn did back in the day. Keep in mind this team just came off a win against the undefeated Liberty as this team is very similar to the Detroit Pistons - their male NBA counterparts - and that score was 67-57. Look for this game to be a physical one I dont' see either team reaching 75 personally as I think it is going to be a slow paced game - much like the Mercury/Sun game which totaled 143. I told myself anything above 150 or higher, and it is right on the buble so I'm rolling with it. If the Sun can score 80 points on Detroit or Detroit can do the same to the Sun, more power to them and I lose this bet. However, I have this game at 143 with a 74-69 win for one of these teams with late free throws.

A's +120
I have mentioned before that I've actually seen Dinardo pitch and made it known that I think he is the next great Oakland A's pitcher. If there is any team that knows pitchers, it is the Oakland A's. They are the team that brought in Haren, Hudson and Street and they always have a solid pitching staff. Someone saw something in this Stetson grad and when he pitched against my alma mater I thought he was good but in no ways did I imagine that he will be hurling for the A's. Regardless, how do you not ride this kid? He is 1-1 with a 0.79 ERA. He gave up 4 hits and 2 earned runs to Texas and then 2 hits and 0 earned runs to the Red Sox. Cain has been hittable of late as he is just 2-5 on the season now and has given up 18 hits and 7 earned runs in his last 2 starts. He compiled a 4.27 ERA against the A's this year while although Dinardo pitched just less than 2 innings, he has given up 0 earned runs to the Giants. I suggest picking up Dinardo for your fantasy league as well.

Angels -145
What do you expect me to do? This is one of my favorite pitchers to tail and he has been successful year after year in this league. Weaver continues to pitch well and he pitches for a ballclub that is very effective when it comes to batting and are actually the hottest team in the league as they continue to lead the division. I was hoping for something below -150 and so it was so I rolled with it. Weaver is 3-2 on the year witha 3.03 ERA on the road and the Angels have won his last 6 starts. Wellemeyer is the type of pitcher that will go 5 innings and give up 4 earned runs and I simply don't think the Cards will be able to keep up offensively to this team. Keep in mind that Well is averaging more than a 5 ERA in his last 2 starts but I think Weaver yeilds no more than 6 hits and the Angels end up winning this ballgame in the end.

Padres -121

Lol, Yes, I'm chasing the Padres here yet again. If this team cannot win with Germano, nor can they defeat the fade train of Weaver, then if they cannot do it with Chris Young than I don't know what else to say. The Pads were actually winning that game 5-1 only to allow the M's to get 3 in the 7th, 1 in the 8th and 1 in the 9th to end up winning the game. I actually went to bed at 5-1 only to wake up and see this. However, Chris Young is a stud and when is at home, he is even more of a stud. The Pads are 8-4 when he is on the mound and he has given up 10 hits in his last 3 starts and juts 1 earned run in that process. In fact, Young has given up 0,2,1,1,1,0,0 in earned runs in his last 7 starts. How sick is this? On top of that he is 2-1 with a 0.52 ERA at home and 6-3 with a 2.19 ERA overall. Hernandez is talented but he has been struggling giving up 27 hits and 13 earned runs in his last 3 starts and I'll ride the Pads to finally take a game off the M's today.

Comments

• FlipperFlipper Member
    edited June 2007
    I agree with your two wnba plays...I am on the fence to play Conn as a side...

I like your analysis with Oakland...I know Cain can pitch, but I figured the same for Dinardo due to the line posted....

GL today.
  • illiniillini Senior Member
    edited June 2007
    Not to nitpick, but the Cardinals drafted Haren and he was up with the big club when they traded him for Mulder.