Betting Talk

IC: June 4th

indiancowboyindiancowboy Senior Member
edited June 2007 in Sports Betting
2-1, each day the last 3 days since the loss on the silver stars.

June 4th:

Dodgers -148

June has been good to me so far, hoping it continues today. No beaver and no nba basketball today so alas must resort to baseball - which even then is a short card. Looked at several plays and had an inkling on the Royals, but couldn't bring myself to do it, and also leaned towards the cubs, until I realized, it is still the Cubs and even a 4 run lead in the 9th might not be safe so I am going with the team that treated me well yesterday and although the juice is relatively high, it is a good play in my mind and I'll lay it. When Paul Malholm is on the mound the Pirates are 3-8 overall. The Pirates have lost 5 of his last 7 starts and in his last 7 starts, he has given up 4 runs or more in at least 5 of them, keep in mind, he only averages roughly 6 innings an outing which explains his 2-7 record with a 5.35 ERA. He is not much better at home as he is 1-4 with a 5.16 ERA. Malhom has given up 19 earned runs in his last 5 starts, which is about right while Derek Lowe is settling down this season as although he has a 5-5 record, he has a 3.32 ERA. His last 2 starts have been particularly impressive going 13 innings and giving up 1 earned run and he goes deep into ballgames as he has pitched 21 innings in his last 3 starts and given up 4 earned runs. Now, all this means nothing as stranger things have happened and even Brad Penny picking up the win yesterday was fortunate - He hadn't given up a homer in 70 innings I think and of course, as thought, that streak was busted yesterday by LaRoche and Bay. However, the Dodgers hit lefties well as they are 9-1 in their last 10 against them, 6-1 in their last 7 as a favorite and 5-1 when the total is set this Lowe for Lowe's starts which means he is pitching to capacity and they give him run support. Pirates are 2-8 when the total is set at this pace, which means their pitchers are not stepping up to the plate and their hitters are not producing the runs against the opposing quality pitcher. Pirates have also last Malholm's last 4 home starts.

That's all I got for today gents, looking forward to reading your plays.

take care,
ic

Comments

• poppyroxpoppyrox Senior Member
    edited June 2007
    I'm with you IC, good to see you playing some baseball, I check out you WNBA writeups but cannot bring myself to play them. GL and again great to see you at BT
  • chumlychumly Banned
    edited June 2007
    IC welcome aboard do you capp all sports whats your favorite NBA??
  • indiancowboyindiancowboy Senior Member
    edited June 2007
    Hey Chum,

I do cap all sports, the favorite being anything with basketball, in particular the nba, wnba and most of all, college baskets. However, I like the NFL and college football quite a bit too. :smile2:
  • chumlychumly Banned
    edited June 2007
    ok look forward to your posts
  • bigcatbigcat Senior Member
    edited June 2007
    Well IC I trailed you on this one, but HELL aint nothin easy. No hitter in the 7th and worry about a 6-5 win. Looking forward to the WNBA Tues.
  • sparticussparticus Senior Member
    edited June 2007
    seen ya ard the net ic, u are an excellent capper, welcome aboard, gl.
  • indiancowboyindiancowboy Senior Member
    edited June 2007
    I swear the Dodger closers give me ulcers. Oh well, i'll take it. c u gents tomorrow.
  • FlipperFlipper Member
    edited June 2007
    I swear the Dodger closers give me ulcers. Oh well, i'll take it. c u gents tomorrow.

Their regular closer Saito is out for probably three more games...Closing is so psychological that it looked like bullpen were fish out of water as all of their roles had to be changed...But fortunately, they got the job done.:sweatdrop: