Betting Talk

Hollywood Park..... Race 1 and more

DuckgawdDuckgawd Senior Member
edited May 2007 in Sports Betting
I know its late, but I went with the 5 in the first leg, will be betting some WP and Exacta tonight, Looks formful.

Comments

• DuckgawdDuckgawd Senior Member
    edited May 2007
    Race 2 is a short Field,

Going with #2 WP

Race 1: Ran Out (-$4)
    ROI will be based on $2 bets
    edited May 2007
    Won the 2nd.

Paid: 10.80 5.60

ROI (+8.40)

Race 3:

#1 WP
  • EastcoastEastcoast Senior Member
    edited May 2007
    keep posting, I'm playing
    edited May 2007
    Ran out in the 3rd, short price favorite won.

ROI (+4.40)

Post Race 4 in a few minutes.
    edited May 2007
    Race 4: #3 is a short price fav. Trying to beat him here. Currently a big Overlay on the 5, ML 3-1 currently 20-1, Sadler has been sending out some good horses!!! I also like the 2 here, there is some play on the 7 which has a similar form to the 2 but I feel the 2 is the better horse of those 2! But the question that remains to be answered is can we beat a 1/9 fav? Doubt it, but Ill try.

#2 WP
    Exacta 25/3 $2 = $4
    (ROI +4.40)
    edited May 2007
    I'm in let's at least place and get the money back.
    edited May 2007
    Well a couple good reasons to play against the Fav, 1: he just ran a little over a week ago- He ran very well and won easily, and 2: he was only in a field of 4 and he had the race the all the way. Today there are 6, so not as many as I would like to see, but a little more, but with that probally only a 4 horse race, 2,3,4,5 dont see any outside those winning.

Lets see how the race goes!
  • choons81choons81 Senior Member
    edited May 2007
    357 exbox race 4 GL
  • cabster13cabster13 Senior Member
    edited May 2007
    glad to see you in choons81
    edited May 2007
    What up choons!

I see you didnt make it to the track tonight.... Thanks for your input, Ill be in the chat for a little if you around
    edited May 2007
    bro, you beat yourself on that one! dammit, that 5 was the choice. let's get a winner here, we've been 3rd twice in a row on WP bets. That's not a good sign.
    edited May 2007
    Race 4: #2 Ran Out (Picked the wrong LS to bet WP) But did hit the exacta along with choons! My way a little cheaper! : )

Exacta Pays $44.20

(ROI +40.60)

P.S. Got a decent price here, 2nd choice on the ML and I am hoping for a Pick 6 carryover!
  • GooseSTLGooseSTL Senior Member
    edited May 2007
    eom
    edited May 2007
    R5 - 6wps 679 exbox GL
    edited May 2007
    A lot of solid talk about the 7 as a quick horse, has worked short distance, 1st time starter, I feel a good play against, 1st time starter under the lights is a tough spot! I think a couple of horse will jump to the lead here, I feel a horse sitting off the pace will come home first.

Going with some expierence here in teh #8 WP, a slight cut back in distance, and this turf race sets up wierd with a quick turn, try to stay away from the outside of the field.

#8 WP

ExB 8/126 $2=$6

(+40.60)
    edited May 2007
    Sorry dudes im sitting here trackside so it is not that easy for me to cap, go tothe tote machine, and post! GL
    edited May 2007
    Nice Nice Nice... Nice Pick 6 Pool out there today! Have a good time out there, looks awesome there as always on a friday night!
    edited May 2007
    WOW... That race did not set up the way I expected at all, pace set easy fractions and lead the whole way, got another pice at 12-1, the 2 or 7 did not get to the lead to run and set quick fractions. 8 ran somewhere mid pack with the rest of the horses outside the 5 and 9 who finished 1st and 2nd.

ROI (+30.40)
    edited May 2007
    Race 6: #1 Wind Water, returning back to Hollywood Park where he had a win and a 3rd, coming off a couple nice race, Nakatani aboard is a positve. shorter price here currently 7/2. Might float up to 4-1 which is this geldings ML

This going to be my last race of the night.. Save the remainder of my profits for tommorow.

#1 WP

Tri Wheel 1 / 2,4 / 2,4,6,7,8 = $16 for $2 ($20 total on this race)
    edited May 2007
    great job 1 the best all the way. i once read a horse betting book, bet the fastest leader in every race, you'll win 20% of the time. Weird how that doesn't work well to pad the bankroll, but did here. Nice job, duck
    edited May 2007
    Race 6: Won paid:

Missed out on the Tri, Tried going for the kill, Instead of putting the Fav underneath for 2nd! But thats the way it goes sometimes. End the day on a decent note, and a profit! (Tri would have paid $158 and some change! Dumb move on my part!)

ROI + 23.80

I'll be around for tommorows Hollywood Park card.
    edited May 2007
    #1 paid 9.00 and 4.40
    edited May 2007
    Race 7 4wps 4 with 25 ex GL
  • cabster13cabster13 Senior Member
    edited May 2007
    Late Dbl Race 7 (4) with Race 8 (2-4-9)
  • FlipperFlipper Member
    edited May 2007
    very nice!