Betting Talk

Set the line: BG finishes the season +

Comments

• Dr. HDr. H Senior Member
    edited July 2014
    I didn't mean to belabor my point. But, for you to make the comment, I referred to, has a certain "toutish" appearance to me. "I wasn't the most polite fella" is a very tempered version of how rude, malicious, and obnoxious you truly were. For a long time, I thought , if I ever am going hunting assholes, I want to bring along DrH/TCJ as a decoy. I will now let this go, and wish you success in your sports' picks endeavor.

LOL I didn't mean to belabor my point, but let me proceed to belabor my point even more.

Again, you're welcome for the bankroll growth. Thanks for showing your appreciation.
  • buythehookbuythehook Senior Member
    edited July 2014
    Don't mind me , but I would love to see a street fight between Bk and H..there fighting words are great and it should lead to some body blows. Lolll

I got money on bk

Someone figures the odds
  • Octan21Octan21 Member
    edited July 2014
    This is a first. I've never seen anyone get into it with Bucky Badger before. One of the all-time nicest posters to grace forum land.
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited July 2014
    Time to move on. Thanks.
  • cpech56cpech56 Senior Member
    edited July 2014
    BigKahuna wrote: »
    Cpech,
    What you said has to be a two way street. (about shitting on each other)
    The guy was an asshole then and he is just a softer asshole now.
    I called him on his shit from day 1 and still do. Back then he barked louder because he was not an official "tout" , now he is just more careful, because he needs this place to get more customers.

I am not here to change anyone's opinion on him, you think he is great and he can make you money - great good for you.

But if you are going to talk about his "overall" record or he is going to talk about his ability overall, do some research look at everything, then you will get a clearer picture of the person you are investing in. We talk a lot about "Transparency" on this site because of the very shady business of sports handicappers, this guy did and still rips recreational players for posting plays that are off a bit, or not keeping their record etc, but yet he makes a 100+ plays for an entire season that does not count. But then in the same breathe will tell you that he has been winning for 13 months. HUH ? That makes sense to you ? If you are going to refer to 13 months then all the picks in the 13 months count right ?

I am glad he apologized to you and it seems that went a long way in getting you to be a supporter of his, and that is fine, but no you didn't deserve to be spoken to in the way he spoke to you in the beginning.

To each their own Cpech.
    Good Luck buddy, did you ever do that deal with the meal deliveries ?

BK,

I agree with a lot of what you said. I also believe in forgiving and forgetting. People on here and more improtantly in my life have done that for me multiple times so in return its the least I could do for someone else. I am not a paid supporter of H. I won 25+ units on my own plays and cashed in until football starts. I don't even really follow his plays or see how he does. I consider him a friend and someone I am comfortable with asking a sports betting question.

I did do the deliver service thing and have been doing all I can to make the most out of it part time. I have 3 drivers and we're currently averaging 4-6 orders a night. So roughly $250-$300 in food sales. Which nets me $25-$30 a day to do nothing but make sure I have a driver on call and to maintain good relations with restaurant management. Looking forward to football starting, are you going to be posting your own plays or have thoughts on who would be good to follow? Take care man-
  • BigKahunaBigKahuna Banned
    edited July 2014
    cpech56 wrote: »
    BK,

I did do the deliver service thing and have been doing all I can to make the most out of it part time. I have 3 drivers and we're currently averaging 4-6 orders a night. So roughly $250-$300 in food sales. Which nets me $25-$30 a day to do nothing but make sure I have a driver on call and to maintain good relations with restaurant management. Looking forward to football starting, are you going to be posting your own plays or have thoughts on who would be good to follow? Take care man-

Thats great, just an FYI on that delivery stuff. My buddy in SF has a restaurant, this company sold him on doing the same, it started very small, now almost 9 months later it equals almost 7-8% of his monthly "new" sales. So he is very happy, maybe it will grow into something bigger for you. Hang in there with it.

Sunbelter only guy I follow and wager on his plays without ever thinking twice, or looking at the game and adding my 2 cents. Best there is I think.
    And he is not a tease like you, up 25 units and stops posting. LOL joking. GL Cpech
  • golfguru1golfguru1 Senior Member
    edited July 2014
    BigKahuna wrote: »

Sunbelter only guy I follow and wager on his plays without ever thinking twice, or looking at the game and adding my 2 cents. Best there is I think.
    And he is not a tease like you, up 25 units and stops posting. LOL joking. GL Cpech

May I ask who Sunbelter is? Thanks
    edited July 2014
    golfguru1 wrote: »
    May I ask who Sunbelter is? Thanks

He posts under the name "Sunbelter"
  • JafarJafar Banned
    edited July 2014
    I couldn't pick Dr. H out of a line up. I don't have anything negative to say about him personally other than the fact he tried selling picks once, coin flipped, and now is trying to do it again under a different name.

I can understand wanting to sell CBB plays. It's hard to get down, biggest limits are with locals, and then it's hard to get paid. So I can see why RAS would like to sell. I also believe he has the ability to get down significant amounts and his releases allow him to be paid for moving the line in his direction for either releasing the wrong way (which I think he does) or to allow him to buy back with nice middles (which I think he does more of).

However, in the situation with Jeff or Dr H or whatever the fuck you wanna call him. There is no shot he has maxed out his ability to get down on baseball. And if you wanna tell me that he has changed his handicapping in the last 2 years to some refined superior MIT level model, then I can only point you to his url where I was making websites back in the 90s in 5th grade that looked better than what he was able to come up with. So am I to believe his quantitative handicapping methods and his regression analysis/ whatever big words you want to insert are so superior but he can't make a website without a WYSIWYG editor?

And I'm not just singling out Dr. H. I've said many times people shouldn't buy BG picks, 6th Sense, or whoever else is trying to sell plays in major liquid markets. I doubt I'm wrong. I think the guy could just stick to doing what average people do best, teach public school.
    edited July 2014
    BK, here's the post where I claimed BEFORE posting college FOOTBALL plays that they would be .25 units.

http://www.bettingtalk.com/forum/showthread.php/169135-Tribe-College-Football-2012?p=762553&viewfull=1#post762553

Just fyi, buddy.
    edited July 2014
    Jafar wrote: »
    I couldn't pick Dr. H out of a line up. I don't have anything negative to say about him personally other than the fact he tried selling picks once, coin flipped, and now is trying to do it again under a different name.

I can understand wanting to sell CBB plays. It's hard to get down, biggest limits are with locals, and then it's hard to get paid. So I can see why RAS would like to sell. I also believe he has the ability to get down significant amounts and his releases allow him to be paid for moving the line in his direction for either releasing the wrong way (which I think he does) or to allow him to buy back with nice middles (which I think he does more of).

However, in the situation with Jeff or Dr H or whatever the fuck you wanna call him. There is no shot he has maxed out his ability to get down on baseball. And if you wanna tell me that he has changed his handicapping in the last 2 years to some refined superior MIT level model, then I can only point you to his url where I was making websites back in the 90s in 5th grade that looked better than what he was able to come up with. So am I to believe his quantitative handicapping methods and his regression analysis/ whatever big words you want to insert are so superior but he can't make a website without a WYSIWYG editor?

And I'm not just singling out Dr. H. I've said many times people shouldn't buy BG picks, 6th Sense, or whoever else is trying to sell plays in major liquid markets. I doubt I'm wrong. I think the guy could just stick to doing what average people do best, teach public school.

Please explain how my ability to make a website has anything to do with my baseball capping ability. It would seem like 365 picks of 1.5% line value and winning ~35 units would be more relevant, no?
    edited July 2014
    Dr. H wrote: »
    BK, here's the post where I claimed BEFORE posting college FOOTBALL plays that they would be .25 units.

http://www.bettingtalk.com/forum/showthread.php/169135-Tribe-College-Football-2012?p=762553&viewfull=1#post762553

Just fyi, buddy.

I am sure you are WELL aware that I am talking about your College Hoops plays and you know where to cut and paste them from.
    But Goats had enough and really, so I have.

Go get em for a 1/4 , 1/2 or full unit, whatever, but I am sick of you.

I can predict the ending, but won't disclose it. Many many have seen this movie before.
  • JafarJafar Banned
    edited July 2014
    Dr. H wrote: »
    Please explain how my ability to make a website has anything to do with my baseball capping ability. It would seem like 365 picks of 1.5% line value and winning ~35 units would be more relevant, no?

Yeah, it's pretty simple. The only way to beat any sport in today's climate is going to be through quantitative modeling. If you can't even code a simple website, there is no chance you can write a model. And I don't think you have the resources to hire a coder to make one for you since evidently you didn't have the resources to hire one for your website. And I think that would be important since you want the quality of your site to reflect the quality of your work to increase sales.

Given the above it's a lock you aren't modeling (and if you are it is not up to the required standards that would produce winning plays) I see no reason to include the THOUSANDS of picks you have made on various forums over the years and call the stretch you are nothing more than a nice run.

The fact you need to sell plays and you have a full time job as a teacher (sports betting is not a part time gig if you really want to make money at this) speaks to the confidence you have in your own ability.
    edited July 2014
    Literally every assumption that you made on that post is incorrect, but you're obviously entitled to your opinion.
  • JafarJafar Banned
    edited July 2014
    LOL. Great response. So why do you have a dogshit website then?
  • Obi OneObi One Senior Member
    edited July 2014
    If you can't even code a simple website, there is no chance you can write a model.

Does the fact that a girl wears a short skirt and high heels mean that she can suck like Paris Hilton?
    edited July 2014
    LOL. Great response. So why do you have a dogshit website then?

Because it's a website. Who cares? Maybe I'll fix it for you soon.
  • JafarJafar Banned
    edited July 2014
    Obi One wrote: »
    Does the fact that a girl wears a short skirt and high heels mean that she can suck like Paris Hilton?

If it's your job to suck like Paris Hilton, looking the part is probably a good start.
    edited July 2014
    I all seriousness,
    You know that your statement is incorrect. Having a +EV model and knowing how to code a good looking website are two entirely different fish to to fry. While mathemathics, statistics and coding go hand in hand, design is something done with a different part of the brain. I do agree with you that he can make it look sleeker, but that has no bearing on what his customers want from him, which are winning picks.
  • JafarJafar Banned
    edited July 2014
    It's quite clear he used a basic template and a WYSIWYG editor which required exactly zero coding. So he knows how to build a profitable quantitative baseball model but he has to use templates for his website? Come on dude. The guy has posted thousands of picks in the last 5+ years, has sold picks before under a different name (hosted on a free blogging site LOL). But now we are to believe he has become the master of all sports betting quants and instead of betting these plays into a market that is not hard to get down on, he decides to sell them for a few hundred bucks. There really are suckers born every day, as pregame.com and now Dr. H continue to prove.

It's great that his response to all of this is: hey I'm up on the season. Which refutes absolutely zero of what I have posted.
    edited July 2014
    So he knows how to build a profitable quantitative baseball model but he has to use templates for his website? Come on dude.

So, If he puts some time into his website and gets it to look sleek, it means his model is suddenly trustworthy of +EV picks?
  • JafarJafar Banned
    edited July 2014
    Are you just setting up a straw man or are you that fucking dense? I'm saying he doesn't even have a model and therefore does not have +EV picks. Had he hired someone to set up a nice website, it would have at least fooled me that he figured out how to do things since it would have been a step up from his previous free blog site he used to sell picks. But alas, he did not do that. Which is the whole damn point.
    edited July 2014
    TBH, I look at the website as little more than a pick archive at this point. But maybe I'll work on it for hoops.

Jake your argument is absurd and I'll let you discuss it with Obi if you guys like, but I'm bowing out.
    edited July 2014
    Are you just setting up a straw man or are you that fucking dense? I'm saying he doesn't even have a model and therefore does not have +EV picks. Had he hired someone to set up a nice website, it would have at least fooled me that he figured out how to do things since it would have been a step up from his previous free blog site he used to sell picks. But alas, he did not do that. Which is the whole damn point.

This is like arguing with somebody who's telling me I'm not Dutch.
  • duritodurito Senior Member
    edited July 2014
    So, If he puts some time into his website and gets it to look sleek, it means his model is suddenly trustworthy of +EV picks?

Obviously not, but the same basic set of skills that are needed to make a nice webpage are required (in addition to many others obviously) to quantitatively model sports. I've learned more than I ever wanted to know about web development simply figuring out how to scrape data off various pages. It is also somewhat curious that RAS is the only tout with a properly done webpage.
  • JafarJafar Banned
    edited July 2014
    durito wrote: »
    Obviously not, but the same basic set of skills that are needed to make a nice webpage are required (in addition to many others obviously) to quantitatively model sports. I've learned more than I ever wanted to know about web development simply figuring out how to scrape data off various pages. It is also somewhat curious that RAS is the only tout with a properly done webpage.

Finally a voice of reason. Thank god.
  • BeardedTacoBeardedTaco Senior Member
    edited July 2014
    durito

panama city is a lot of fun!!
  • duritodurito Senior Member
    edited July 2014
    Too hot for me, go to Medellin :)
    edited July 2014
    This is like arguing with somebody who's telling me I'm not Dutch.
    Obi in one thread you are distressed about happenings on the island and now you are attempting to defend H for an hour, don't get it.
    You are trying to defend someone that believes if he helped your bankroll , you can't talk negatively about him. Really ?
    Defending him would be a lifetime job IMO and you still would not convince many of us.
    Let it go, before we discover you are actually French and not Dutch. Lol joke
    edited July 2014
    durito wrote: »

I'm pretty sure that BG didn't make his own website, nor designed his own logo.
    (Otherwise he would have had the home teams on the right in his pick archive! ;) )

I believe that in H's case it's not a matter of whether he can or not, but that it's more about how much time he put in. After having been a tout previously and a (fire breathing) contributor on different forums for many years, I'm pretty sure he already had multiple contacts who wanted to buy his picks when he showed he could produce clv and results. As he stated himself, the main purpose of his site is about the archiving of the picks. Not about wow'ing and woo'ing new customers. Don't mistake effort for ability.