Betting Talk

Set the line: BG finishes the season +

13»

Comments

• CoopsCoops Senior Member
    edited July 2014
    Hmmm, under this logic I should be able to sports model also I guess? I model exotic financial derivatives all day using either C++, excel analytics or proprietary in house models. Thus, I should be proficient in web design and sports modeling?
  • Obi OneObi One Senior Member
    edited July 2014
    BigKahuna wrote: »
    Obi in one thread you are distressed about happenings on the island and now you are attempting to defend H for an hour, don't get it.

I wasn't distressed BK, I wanted to show you that in the grander scheme of things I couldn't care less for the repeated arguments between you and him. (As you were using my thread). When you read something like that, just let it go. I learned that when you're having a discussion and you have to repeat an argument again in the same discussion, then the discussion is basically over. You either agree to disagree at that point or you work out your differences, but you just don't keep repeating the same points over and over again.
    You are trying to defend someone that believes if he helped your bankroll , you can't talk negatively about him. Really ?
    Defending him would be a lifetime job IMO and you still would not convince many of us.

I definitely don't feel like it's my job to defend him. I just don't agree with what was said today about the supposed connection between his modelling skills and his website design skills. I believe I was one of the guys who in previous years told him he could have said things differently to fellow posters. While most of the time I didn't agree with the way 'how' he said things, I often times did agree with the content of what he was saying. Content over Design.
    Let it go, before we discover you are actually French and not Dutch. Lol joke
    Actually lived in France for 4 years, so you might be onto something :)
  • duritodurito Senior Member
    edited July 2014
    Obi One wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure that BG didn't make his own website, nor designed his own logo.
    (Otherwise he would have had the home teams on the right in his pick archive! ;) )

I believe that in H's case it's not a matter of whether he can or not, but that it's more about how much time he put in. After having been a tout previously and a (fire breathing) contributor on different forums for many years, I'm pretty sure he already had multiple contacts who wanted to buy his picks when he showed he could produce clv and results. As he stated himself, the main purpose of his site is about the archiving of the picks. Not about wow'ing and woo'ing new customers. Don't mistake effort for ability.

My point was either do it yourself, or if you don't have the time, pay someone else to do it right. Just seems like a poor place to skimp, but obviously people in the tout business disagree.

lol, Homedog, dumbest poster in history of gambling boards getting a kick out of this thread.
  • duritodurito Senior Member
    edited July 2014
    Coops wrote: »
    Hmmm, under this logic I should be able to sports model also I guess? I model exotic financial derivatives all day using either C++, excel analytics or proprietary in house models. Thus, I should be proficient in web design and sports modeling?

No, but it's gonna be 1000x times easier and quicker for you to pick up than for most people.
  • CoopsCoops Senior Member
    edited July 2014
    durito wrote: »
    No, but it's gonna be 1000x times easier and quicker for you to pick up than for most people.

Yea, I lost my interns so not much time for that these days. Fucking obama.... Gotta regulate all the fun shit, not as easy to rip off Main Street anymore.