Betting Talk

Insurance Policy costs re. Indians' 15-game win streak?

BigKidBigKid Junior Member
edited September 2017 in Sports Betting
Anyone in the insurance/actuarial industries have any idea how much an insurance policy covering the company's refunds to customers following the Tribe's 15-game winning streak would have cost?

https://www.clevescene.com/scene-and-heard/archives/2017/09/07/with-a-tribe-win-tonight-local-window-company-owes-full-refunds-to-250-customers-as-part-of-promotion

Comments

• RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited September 2017
    BK, the only way to come up with a figure would be the total cost of the window companies liablity. They claim they insured the prop? We'll see.

I also enjoyed the article to the right that mentioned Taco Bell employees thwarting a robbery and killing one of the suspects. thanks for posting this.
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited September 2017
    As a company trader, I'd lay 15 or 20-1 no streak. Gouging the hell outta them.
  • BigKidBigKid Junior Member
    edited September 2017
    Ronbets wrote: »
    BK, the only way to come up with a figure would be the total cost of the window companies liablity. They claim they insured the prop? We'll see.

I also enjoyed the article to the right that mentioned Taco Bell employees thwarting a robbery and killing one of the suspects. thanks for posting this.

The company owner has been on Twitter rooting the Tribe on and publicly stating that he hopes to refund all of the qualifying customers. Of course, this could simply be for PR purposes, but I have to believe that they would not have undertaken such a promotion without some protection. But, as you suggest, I guess we shall see...

The Taco Bell article is of particular interest to me as an employment lawyer. Assuming that this is a Yum! Brands corporate-owned store (and probably even if a franchise), those employees that were armed and fired at the robbery suspects will most assuredly be terminated despite the potential substantial PR backlash that the organization will garner for "firing heroes/Good Samaritans".
  • Joey KnishJoey Knish Senior Member
    edited September 2017
    The owner has indicated there is an insurance policy for this. He implied the liability is $1.5M which seemed a little high to me. He did not say what they paid for the policy.
  • Obi OneObi One Senior Member
    edited September 2017
    Joey Knish wrote: »
    The owner has indicated there is an insurance policy for this. He implied the liability is $1.5M which seemed a little high to me. He did not say what they paid for the policy.

ESPN article said $75.000 if I'm correct.
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited September 2017
    Obi One wrote: »
    ESPN article said $75.000 if I'm correct.
    20-1. Guess they went with Ronbets, LLC.