Betting Talk

unc / gonzaga

acetotenacetoten Senior Member
edited April 2017 in Sports Betting
I see unc -2 total 153.5
anyone with thoughts on which way it may move?
thanks in advance.
ACE

Comments

• cpech56cpech56 Senior Member
    edited April 2017
    My assumption would be a move further in UNC direction. Likely towards the under as well.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited April 2017
    Why towards the Under when both teams like an uptempo game.
  • turksureturksure Senior Member
    edited April 2017
    Both teams are good on the defensive end and NC gets a lot of points off offensive rebounds, of which Gonz has the length to slow down NC rebounds. Could be fast paced first half with slower pace in the second half. May look for an under play in running if the game gets off to hot start or 2nd half under at half time. Just some thoughts.
    edited April 2017
    turksure wrote: »
    Both teams are good on the defensive end and NC gets a lot of points off offensive rebounds, of which Gonz has the length to slow down NC rebounds. Could be fast paced first half with slower pace in the second half. May look for an under play in running if the game gets off to hot start or 2nd half under at half time. Just some thoughts.

I understand what your saying and respect your opinion on the game. This championship game may play out the way you say but that wasn't the question. I believe the perception is that both teams like a fast paced game and I don't believe this Total 153.5 will come down. That's just an opinion and I also feel this game may go off at -PK-. Personally I took this game +2 off of this assumption
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited April 2017
    Game down to a pick
  • cpech56cpech56 Senior Member
    edited April 2017
    Weird how that works out
    edited April 2017
    I had a small bet on the game but come on 44 fouls in the game. Way to much stoppage of play. I watched some of the game but couldn't take no more so I put on the Astros and then switched to the Angels. But I had seen enough to know it wasn't going to do it for me.

N.Caro 26/73 35.6%
    4/27 3's 14.8%
    15/26 FT's 57.7% That's the Champs

Gonzo 20/59 33.9%
    8/19 42% That's Good
    17/26 FT's 65.4%

Watching a Gilligan's Island Rerun would have been better. The Kid from Gonzo rolled his ankle and came back to try being a hero and in trying thought he was alone and threw team play right out the window.
  • StevieYStevieY Senior Handicapper
    edited April 2017
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    I had a small bet on the game but come on 44 fouls in the game. Way to much stoppage of play. I watched some of the game but couldn't take no more so I put on the Astros and then switched to the Angels. But I had seen enough to know it wasn't going to do it for me.

N.Caro 26/73 35.6%
    4/27 3's 14.8%
    15/26 FT's 57.7% That's the Champs

Gonzo 20/59 33.9%
    8/19 42% That's Good
    17/26 FT's 65.4%

Watching a Gilligan's Island Rerun would have been better. The Kid from Gonzo rolled his ankle and came back to try being a hero and in trying thought he was alone and threw team play right out the window.

It was brutal. It was refereed like a high school game. They were allowing more contact outside than they were in the paint. Refs did their best to ruin what was looking to be a good game. Both teams were in the bonus 7 minutes into the 2nd half. Let em bang a little. I'm also in favor of dumping all reviews in all sports. I turn off any game I am watching when they have one, sometimes i find my way back to the game is all the other games have reviews too. They don't even get all the reviews right. If you aren't going to get them all right, don't waste the time, just fucking play.
  • Casper WareCasper Ware Senior Member
    edited April 2017
    StevieY wrote: »
    It was brutal. It was refereed like a high school game. They were allowing more contact outside than they were in the paint. Refs did their best to ruin what was looking to be a good game. Both teams were in the bonus 7 minutes into the 2nd half. Let em bang a little. I'm also in favor of dumping all reviews in all sports. I turn off any game I am watching when they have one, sometimes i find my way back to the game is all the other games have reviews too. They don't even get all the reviews right. If you aren't going to get them all right, don't waste the time, just fucking play.

Then when they take a review I was 9 minutes real time and they come up with a phantom flagrant foul on karnowski
  • BraveHog21BraveHog21 Senior Member
    edited April 2017
    The whole replay thing is screwed up.....if you're gonna look at a replay..Erase the foul on the UNC player since he clearly made a nice defensive play without foulin then call the personal foul on the big man and be done with it.... And I don't even wanna start in on the Miss St / UConn women's game flagrant foul lol
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited April 2017
    When I get older and think back to some of the most memorable championship games I've watched, this won't be one of them. Both teams played poorly, as did the refs, just horrible officiating. And even though I really like Few as a coach, he should have run a play for someone other than Williams-Goss, who was clearly hampered. I know he's their go to guy, but he was only 5-16 before his last attempt, he should have been used as a decoy to try to get someone else an open look
    edited April 2017
    kane wrote: »
    When I get older and think back to some of the most memorable championship games I've watched, this won't be one of them. Both teams played poorly, as did the refs, just horrible officiating. And even though I really like Few as a coach, he should have run a play for someone other than Williams-Goss, who was clearly hampered. I know he's their go to guy, but he was only 5-16 before his last attempt, he should have been used as a decoy to try to get someone else an open look

I don't think Few really called anything on the last one outside of getting a quick 2. Williams-Goss had no intention of giving the ball up even though the 3 he took on the previous possession showed he had no lift after the ankle injury. Hero ball rarely ends well.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited April 2017
    StevieY wrote: »

The last 2 minutes of an NBA game are the worst as far as replays go. Any time there's a scramble and the ball goes out of bounds, inevitably it leads to going to the monitor for a replay. It happens so often and ruins the flow of the game, sometimes the replay is obvious, but it still takes a long time for the refs to decide who gets the ball. The other thing that bothers me is the free timeout the teams get, while the refs are looking at the replay, both teams get to huddle. If you have no timeouts left, all you need is two players to go for the ball, it goes out of bounds, and during the review, you get a free end of game timeout. What I would do is anytime there's a replay needed, keep both teams on the court and away from their bench, let them stand together on the court while the refs decide who's ball it is and not let them huddle on the sideline with the coaches, just my thoughts
    edited April 2017
    kane wrote: »
    The last 2 minutes of an NBA game are the worst as far as replays go. Any time there's a scramble and the ball goes out of bounds, inevitably it leads to going to the monitor for a replay. It happens so often and ruins the flow of the game, sometimes the replay is obvious, but it still takes a long time for the refs to decide who gets the ball. The other thing that bothers me is the free timeout the teams get, while the refs are looking at the replay, both teams get to huddle. If you have no timeouts left, all you need is two players to go for the ball, it goes out of bounds, and during the review, you get a free end of game timeout. What I would do is anytime there's a replay needed, keep both teams on the court and away from their bench, let them stand together on the court while the refs decide who's ball it is and not let them huddle on the sideline with the coaches, just my thoughts

you mean this would have been reviewed? :)

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/19073127/just-way-goes

They call a brutal flagrant foul on review and don't review this. I know the "rule" but the "rule" is stupid. If you are a foot shorter than someone, guess what, you will at some point probably take a shot to the head/face. It doesn't make it flagrant. Earlier in the year, I saw Taco Fall catch a ball in the post, keep the ball over his head like you are taught, turn and shoot a jump hook and they called a flagrant foul on him after a review. It was a basketball move. The biggest issue with all these new rules is they are taking the decision away from the refs/umps, and that is making refs/umps worse. They can't decide on simple things now. Obvious review isn't going anywhere so let the refs say "yeah he hit him in the face but it was a basketball move or it was unintentional" and move on. I also would rather have a review judge watching and he can decide if there is a review in the 10-20 seconds of dead time before the ball is inbounded. if he cant decide in that time, no review. Some things are so tight and review in some sports are going a bit too far. Like baseball, it has always been accepted since home plate is in the ground and not a "base", that if you slid over it, you "touched" it. Review should not check for whether your foot bounced over it. That's way too picky.

Yes, teams should not be able to go to their bench during review.
  • MrAdvantageMrAdvantage Senior Member
    edited April 2017
    I was at the game. It was intolerable for fans on both sides. I never have missed my remote control this much. I would rather have been on my couch watching Hoosiers for the 200th time. It seemed like 4 real time minutes for every 30 seconds in the 2nd&3rd halves. Every fan in the cheap seats were making calls that took 4 minutes to review. There was no fan momentum at all.