Comments

• KashmirKashmir Senior Member
    edited December 2015
    speedboy wrote: »
    looks like a rough day

I didn't know golfer had a brother.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited December 2015
    Why is there some supposed gamblers here that open threads like this. I would love to hear a valid reason why you would say something like this knowing full well his clients are aware. Let me explain gambling when you gamble every day you win you lose and the object is over a period of time not one day one week one month you get the idea all you want to do is win a little more then you lose.

This is why I come here look for certain people to read and move on. Why I opened this was because I seen Kash had a post in this thread not because you opened a thread.
    So if your reading this don't open threads like this it's wrong regardless of the personal feelings towards one person that you may or may not have it effects other people.
  • hoff21hoff21 Member
    edited December 2015
    IMO, people need an outlet after a losing/frustrating day. Friends and family have no desire to hear your bad beat stories so gamblers come here to complain to other degenerates who know what they are talking about. Not sure what the appropriate way is to handle this, but shooting down someone looking to vent doesn't seem productive. (unless it's golfer, he should probably be banned :bye:)
  • jmjm Senior Member
    edited December 2015
    I have no doubt he will have a very successful year again.
  • jakenhljakenhl Senior Member
    edited December 2015
    You're going to have losing days. The edges on anything in college basketball are not what they used to be. Long-term winners will still win. The candy shop is closed. It's going to take work and handling a lot of adversity. Follow the process and mentally handle the adversity and things will turn out fine.
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited December 2015
    hoff21 wrote: »
    IMO, people need an outlet after a losing/frustrating day. Friends and family have no desire to hear your bad beat stories so gamblers come here to complain to other degenerates who know what they are talking about. Not sure what the appropriate way is to handle this, but shooting down someone looking to vent doesn't seem productive. (unless it's golfer, he should probably be banned :bye:)

If a "degenerate" needs to vent after a bad day, there are plenty of forums out there for him/her to do so. We try to be a little bit sharper forum, and I don't really see ourselves as a place that wants degenerates (even though RAS is in the business of selling picks, even he'd tell you I'm sure that he'd have no interest having a "degenerate" buy his service and put down more than they should on his plays). We'd rather cater to those than understand bankroll management, understand variance, and understand the importance of long term results, and don't live/die with every play.
  • jakenhljakenhl Senior Member
    edited December 2015
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    Why is there some supposed gamblers here that open threads like this. I would love to hear a valid reason why you would say something like this knowing full well his clients are aware. Let me explain gambling when you gamble every day you win you lose and the object is over a period of time not one day one week one month you get the idea all you want to do is win a little more then you lose.

This is why I come here look for certain people to read and move on. Why I opened this was because I seen Kash had a post in this thread not because you opened a thread.
    So if your reading this don't open threads like this it's wrong regardless of the personal feelings towards one person that you may or may not have it effects other people.
    off topic of this thread. old-timer it looks like the best app in town, the westgate, will be available in January. that's a must have for everyone. I hope you are having a good year buddy.
  • 2sportguy2sportguy Senior Member
    edited December 2015
    speedboy wrote: »
    looks like a rough day

What does DRH mean ?
  • lumpy19lumpy19 Senior Member
    edited December 2015
    He has a doctorate in handicapping
    edited December 2015
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited December 2015
    hoff21 wrote: »

You really need an outlet on a losing day? Your going to lose a lot of games your going to need a lot of outlets. Look a Dave Mason's thread that's an acceptable outlet he lost pissed off but no other names are mentioned. Dubbs says Fuck you Bears nothing wrong with that. I don't know how the doc's day turned out but I assume it was bad do you thing he needs to be reminded. People just need to grow up an learn how to lose without the blaming others. You'll never know if I had a losing day or winning day I may say a sentence like the other night I need the Heat and Clippers to go to OT and they let a Hot Wade who was on fire that night beat them with 7 seconds left. What are you going to do. All I'm saying is you can't have every day be a winning day so accept it and move on.
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited December 2015
    You don't 'rub salt' regardless of how subtle. Ppl don't wanna hear any shit when they're blowing their $$.
  • BetThemDogsBetThemDogs Senior Member
    edited December 2015
    If it really bothers you, quit paying for plays-- pick your own, and sit there staring in the mirror cussing. You hear me bitch about once a year-- and, I've had going on 4 losing years in a row. :arg:
  • jmjm Senior Member
    edited December 2015
    the foolish part is 3 of the losses were by 1 bucket. Not like all the plays were off, just a few games that could've gone either way
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited December 2015
    it takes some longer than others to realize they should either A) stop gambling as its generally a losing venture, B) if you are going to gamble then make sure its with 'extra' money vs the money you need to live or C) go back to A and stop. Like most have said here, you shoudl eventually learn that gambling is a long term adventure and the daily grind will eat you alive if you let it. I wonder the percentage of over extended gamblers or degens using credit cards to keep the hope alive of winning their money back. Slippery slope so learn quickly if you haven't already A or B.

happy holidays gents and don't hate on the huskers for making a bowl game with only 5 win! LOL :wacko:
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited December 2015
    newcombe wrote: »
    it takes some longer than others to realize they should either A) stop gambling as its generally a losing venture, B) if you are going to gamble then make sure its with 'extra' money vs the money you need to live or C) go back to A and stop. Like most have said here, you shoudl eventually learn that gambling is a long term adventure and the daily grind will eat you alive if you let it. I wonder the percentage of over extended gamblers or degens using credit cards to keep the hope alive of winning their money back. Slippery slope so learn quickly if you haven't already A or B.

happy holidays gents and don't hate on the huskers for making a bowl game with only 5 win! LOL :wacko:

I don't consider them a 5 win team, they're much better than that, and if ever a sub .500 team deserved to play in a bowl game, it's this year's Huskers
    edited December 2015
    kane wrote: »
    I don't consider them a 5 win team, they're much better than that, and if ever a sub .500 team deserved to play in a bowl game, it's this year's Huskers

Wow, how's that for an endorsement. Somebody else had the same feelings when they 'jobbed' Michigan State for that 5th win.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited December 2015
    Ronbets wrote: »
    Wow, how's that for an endorsement. Somebody else had the same feelings when they 'jobbed' Michigan State for that 5th win.

Nebraska lost a lot of close games, a few on the last play, they're much better than their record and they deserve a bowl appearance
    edited December 2015
    kane wrote: »
    Nebraska lost a lot of close games, a few on the last play, they're much better than their record and they deserve a bowl appearance

Better than their record? They lost those games on late personal fouls, poor clock management, and horrible play calling. Wtf are u watching/listening or reading?
    edited December 2015
    Enough guys. When you see all of your posts bitching about each other getting deleted, it means its time to let it go. Thanks.
  • capthookcapthook Banned
    edited December 2015
    Back on topic, its been a rough start for Dr. L. Whoops, my bad, meant to type Dr. H. The letters are close on the keyboard.
  • dtrain11dtrain11 Senior Member
    edited December 2015
    Down 1 or 2 units YTD depending on tonight, great insight
  • duritodurito Senior Member
    edited December 2015
    Still think touting ncaab totals is ridiculous but 12-12 a rough start? You could be 2 bad bounces from 60%
  • lakemonsterlakemonster Senior Member
    edited December 2015
    his releases are absolutely blowing up the #s. its pretty clear that he is well respected by the market. haters gonna hate though...
  • duritodurito Senior Member
    edited December 2015
    his releases are absolutely blowing up the #s. its pretty clear that he is well respected by the market. haters gonna hate though...

doesn't really take much money to move this market. 1k can move everyone a couple of pts.
  • underwrapsunderwraps Senior Member
    edited December 2015
    Yea especially when about 100 people do it all at once