Betting Talk

Observation MLB

BayOceanBayOcean Senior Member
edited May 2015 in Sports Betting
Watch many games every day and see stuff that is sometimes hard to view. Most of these major leaguers are being compensated beyond what their value is. To watch them swing at balls that bounce before home plate and swing at balls that are obviously out of the strike zone and many times a lot of them instead of showing some discipline and trying to get something started with a better hitter on deck will swimg at 2-0 pitches and 3-1 pitches. Also many many of them have this habit of turning their heads to watch where ball is on extra base hit and not looking at the 3rd base coach. Even when trying to steal 2nd base as they run towards 2nd they turn their head to the left to see what the catcher is doing or where the ball is, WHY? I firmly believe that you will lose some of your speed maybe a drop but that is how close many plays are. Some players are a pleasure to watch and Altuve on Houston is one of the good ones and he is a perfect example of very good baseball mechanics and all around discipline!
Just another observation-- Ryan Howard (should be traded) Mauer is excellent trade for some good young players in farm system. Sandoval cant run needs to lose some weight because he is not getting paid to eat! When will John Lester throw over to first base to hold on a runner? Teams know that he NEVER does so they will surely run on him. Stanton is a monster!
The most overrated--- Strausburg--- Cinci team! Does Boomer Essiosen have much love for Carton? (I don't think so). Will Chris Berman please go Away. Do you think John Kruk wishes Curt Shilling disappear's? Why doesn't Ricky Henderson get the praise he deserves, probably in top 3 of all time great BB players.

Comments

• kanekane Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    You really think Rickey Henderson is a top three baseball player of all time?
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    Good observations sailor. Let me respectfully address some of your thoughts. The game mighta changed a little since you were banging babes in the Med.

1. Taking "fat" 2-0, 3-1 pitches is all about the team, not ME.

2. Ryan Howard has more baggage($$) than the Octomom. Not much value to any GM.

3. Panda Sandoval happens to be a big bodied super athlete. Running is not his game.

4. The "splitter" is basically a legal spitball. Thus, the strange swings at balls in the dirt.

5. No probs with most of your takes/opinions.
  • BayOceanBayOcean Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    Well let me say after thinking it over he was at least in top 10
    career ba 279 1115 rbi 1406 sb-- and without question the best leadoff man in all of baseball..... member hof 2009
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    BayOcean wrote: »
    Well let me say after thinking it over he was at least in top 10
    career ba 279 1115 rbi 1406 sb-- and without question the best leadoff man in all of baseball..... member hof 2009

I agree about him being the best leadoff hitter of all time, but he's not in the top ten greatest players of all time, not even close
  • MrAdvantageMrAdvantage Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    You are dead wrong on Sandoval, but he cant hit lhp. I don't think a cap cod league GM would trade for Ryan Howard. Please suggest a couple potential trades. I like the guy and find it especially hard to watch him these days. I have no idea why teams don't attempt to exploit Lester more often.
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    Sailor, did you overlook something? The best player in baseball today? Maybe because it's so obvious. Yeah, the guy that plays CF in SoCal. I forgot his name? lol
  • BayOceanBayOcean Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    My thread was just my opinion, and I respect other opinions!