Betting Talk

Weekly Pick Thread (1/31 to 2/7)

danjordanjor Junior Member
edited January 2015 in Sports Betting
If a moderator could please assist me that would be greatly appreciated. I read the forum rules sticky at the top. I want to keep both a weighted and unweighted record for situations in which I play both full game and first half. Additionally, I want to post smaller market stuff available at 5dimes and BetOnline, but not Bookmaker or Pinnacle. Is it acceptable to post these plays and keep a separate record for them? Therefore my "official" record for lack of a better term would be all 1 UNIT plays available at Bookmaker and Pinnacle. My other record would include weighted and non-widely available plays. Please let me know on this when you have a chance, as I don't want to break the rules.

1/31 College Basketball
569 Villanova/DePaul over 143.5 -110
569 Villanova over 78.5 -110 (5dimes)
570 DePaul over 66 -110 (5dimes)
593 Georgia over 63.5 -110 (5dimes)

Comments

• danjordanjor Junior Member
    edited January 2015
    1/31 College Basketball
    653 Hawaii/Long Beach State over 140.5 -110*
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited January 2015
    Hopefully my answer touches on all your questions, if not just let me know.

Your main/official record is the easy part and I think you understand what it should include. If playing the same side/total of a full game and 1H, your main record may only include one (I suggest the full game). When you play both and/or want to play something WA for greater than 1u, that should go in a weighted WA record (you can call it something else, but I think that's a good description).

I don't mean to complicate things, but NWA stuff should be kept in its own record(s). Perfectly fine to use BOL/5D for these as we're not overly concerned with small market records. It's always best to be as clear as possible, so if you're willing, I'd suggest separating out the small market stuff by bet type (i.e. team total record, non-TV total record, etc.). That said, again, the small market record isn't nearly as important as the main record for WA bets, so you have some leeway as long as you're being reasonable.

Thanks for taking the time to read the guidelines and ask questions. Greatly appreciated. Best of luck.
    edited January 2015
    1/31 College Basketball
    562 Kansas State/Kansas under 136 -110
    edited January 2015
    Goats wrote: »
    I don't mean to complicate things, but NWA stuff should be kept in its own record(s).

You aren't complicating things at all. I keep very detailed records, so it's easy for me to plug the numbers into a forum post. I'll just keep four different record types: WA unweighted, WA weighted, NWA unweighted, and NWA weighted. Just let me know if there is an issue with that.
    Goats wrote: »
    Thanks for taking the time to read the guidelines and ask questions. Greatly appreciated. Best of luck.

No problem, I take this stuff seriously. I just wanted to find a place that makes people keep legitimate records using legitimate lines. Thanks for the detailed explanation. Have a good one.
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited January 2015
    danjor wrote: »
    You aren't complicating things at all. I keep very detailed records, so it's easy for me to plug the numbers into a forum post. I'll just keep four different record types: WA unweighted, WA weighted, NWA unweighted, and NWA weighted. Just let me know if there is an issue with that.

Sounds good to me. The more detailed the better.
    edited January 2015
    1/31 College Basketball
    636 Texas/Baylor under 127.5 -110