Betting Talk

Changes to 2014 RAS CBB Service

Comments

• SquigglySquiggly Senior Member
    edited December 2014
    Cools wrote: »
    Hmmm...it's almost like the books got the pick faster than anyone else today. Not saying there's anything fishy going on, just weird that it happened today at multiple places.

I think the books got the pick from other subscribers who got in before us.

EDIT - I don't mean conspiracy. I mean for some reason their emails (which I use) or text arrived faster perhaps, for whatever reason.
  • originalokieoriginalokie Senior Member
    edited December 2014
    On the phone today, info only, could not get line!
  • RonyBallgameRonyBallgame Senior Member
    edited December 2014
    I'm down to the one book that I can still get the number in on the phone every time. Got it again today. Still don't like not knowing when the play is coming and having to dilly dally with the operator.
  • CoolsCools Senior Member
    edited December 2014
    Come on Matadors, one time!!!
  • golfer1000golfer1000 Senior Member
    edited December 2014
    Wire to wire loser. Sweet!

FYI - if we had the earlier release times we would of had -5 instead of -5.5. But hey, it's cool, were crushing anyway.
  • jmjm Senior Member
    edited December 2014
    f'n ohio state really shit the bed the last minute
  • groovinmahoovingroovinmahoovin Senior Member
    edited December 2014
    Cools wrote: »
    Not sure if this is already happening but I haven't been around to make plays lately. I got to the line very fast today and by the time I hit submit BookMaker had already pulled the line off the board. I had to go back into the category and hit refresh, when finally reposted 1 point higher at -115. First time I've seen this and don't recall it happening last year.

I haven't been able to bet anything like RAS there since 2005/2006ish. They told me if I kept betting StevieY's plays there they'd cut my limits to $500 across the board because I was "syndicate betting."
    edited December 2014
    I haven't been able to bet anything like RAS there since 2005/2006ish. They told me if I kept betting StevieY's plays there they'd cut my limits to $500 across the board because I was "syndicate betting."

He keeps hitting about 35% then you will be able to get down RAS wherever you wish for as much as want. And it won't be long either.
  • CoolsCools Senior Member
    edited December 2014

Have you tried recently? Not over the phone but online. Because I got cut down too years ago, as I mentioned. Was calling in and guy got on phone and said, "If you keep betting Dr. Bob's plays we will cut you down to nothing." I said, "They aren't Dr. Bob," to which he replied, "I don't care, quit doing it." So I didn't for a long time and then last year tried again online and haven't had a problem since. My account is tagged as "sharp" too, I don't get any bet points or promotions or anything like that.
  • duritodurito Senior Member
    edited December 2014
    Haven't tried for years. Could be that since they started auto-moves last year they don't care since they will only take one bet at the # anyway. Of course by posting this you probably just increased your competition to be that one person that gets the bet.
  • capthookcapthook Banned
    edited December 2014
    Well, glad everyone's so doubting of RAS and thinks hes so terrible now, all the attention is on him and the guy is human, who knows maybe he isn't actually feeling very confident right now.

But...only every team he likes is winning, that's all. Just all of the plays he probably would have made if he was running decent lately...Coulda posted a 4-0 day and had a nice recovery. Hopefully he isn't doubting himself at all, and just didn't play them because the lines weren't right at release time, but man, this is why I don't like these morans "Oh every play is a blowout wire to wire loser" its like they don't understand variance and how the rules of sporting events are structured.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited December 2014
    capthook wrote: »
    Well, glad everyone's so doubting of RAS and thinks hes so terrible now, all the attention is on him and the guy is human, who knows maybe he isn't actually feeling very confident right now.

But...only every team he likes is winning, that's all. Just all of the plays he probably would have made if he was running decent lately...Coulda posted a 4-0 day and had a nice recovery. Hopefully he isn't doubting himself at all, and just didn't play them because the lines weren't right at release time, but man, this is why I don't like these morans "Oh every play is a blowout wire to wire loser" its like they don't understand variance and how the rules of sporting events are structured.

Yea Cap don't know how long you been around but it sure has changed. hoping you were checking in before it turned into Betting Whiner Talk.
    A lot of sharp and good people I don't see anymore all you hear now is another loser wire to wire . The best post was someone (won't mention any name) was saying that RAS didn't play the sharp side and he knew what the sharp side was and of course that was hours after the game.

First they complain he was betting to many games now he's not playing enough as sharp as he is his head has to be spinning.
    Wish you the best of luck. Oh your right when your still in grammar school you don't understand what gambling is all about and that's why people are going broke which should never happen. I did the math a while back and I think if your betting properly you have to lose 86 games in a row

to go broke something like that it was a while ago. Bet properly it's next to impossible to go broke. You may not like the size of your bets but a long term 55/56% winner will get you where you want to go long term. these poor souls are going broke in a season.

Good Luck!!!
  • jmjm Senior Member
    edited December 2014
    man, another OT for DrH. Going to be a 6 unit swing.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited December 2014
    Good to see Dr and Procap doing well.
    edited December 2014
    capthook wrote: »

I'm 99% certain that whatever I or anyone else posts on this forum doesn't influence Ed/ras decisions on plays. He prolly laughs at the stupid shit I'll say when I'm mad or what others may say. He prolly wishes these things weren't posted, but it doesn't influence his decision making. Ed is a decision maker/originator, he is mentally tough and confidence is a key piece in being an originator, which I'm sure he has a lot of. I'm sure he's extremely mentally tough cause gambling and running a service for a living can cause headaches all the time. I'm sure he has learned how to deal with these things very well, and stays pretty even keel when things are good or bad. But to think what's posted on this forum will dictate his decision making on plays is fucking rediculous.
  • KashmirKashmir Senior Member
    edited December 2014
    golfer1000 wrote: »
    I'm 99% certain that whatever I or anyone else posts on this forum doesn't influence Ed/ras decisions on plays. He prolly laughs at the stupid shit I'll say when I'm mad or what others may say. He prolly wishes these things weren't posted, but it doesn't influence his decision making. Ed is a decision maker/originator, he is mentally tough and confidence is a key piece in being an originator, which I'm sure he has a lot of. I'm sure he's extremely mentally tough cause gambling and running a service for a living can cause headaches all the time. I'm sure he has learned how to deal with these things very well, and stays pretty even keel when things are good or bad. But to think what's posted on this forum will dictate his decision making on plays is fucking rediculous.

I agree with this. I doubt he cares what some weak minded douche posts on a message board.
  • ericvandenericvanden Senior Member
    edited December 2014
    If I hired somebody to make me money and things werent going good, the last thing I would do is give him shit day in and day out about it. Nobody would want to hear it relentlessly. Consistent bitching wont make RAS better. People have said its therapeutic to vent but if your down to your last few dollars, you probably missed this page......http://handicapper.net/bankroll-management.php
  • StJoes0610StJoes0610 Senior Member
    edited December 2014
    Kashmir wrote: »
    I agree with this. I doubt he cares what some weak minded douche posts on a message board.

i agree as well. also - i only took a very quick look at yesterdays scoreboard because funnily enough i dont get paid on pretend 4-0 days, but san jose state (a team they have played 3 times) lost and im 99% sure didnt cover. im not even sure i can call "4-0" data mining because that would imply there is some data youre looking at
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited December 2014
    StJoes0610 wrote: »
    san jose state (a team they have played 3 times) lost and im 99% sure didnt cover.

No, they didn't. StevieY was actually on the opposite side, only reason I knew off the top of my head.
  • TurnstoneTurnstone Member
    edited December 2014
    If you can't get the plays online, get a local who will take them when they're released. If you look hard enough, every city has an idiot who has no idea what they're doing. Go to a college campus, you'll find one there.

I don't pay for these RAS picks, but trying to get them at 5D, Bookmaker, etc..won't happen often.
  • rolandsaleh1rolandsaleh1 Junior Member
    edited December 2014
    At least we're getting 12 tonight boys and girls lol.... buckle your sealtbelts it might be a bumpy ride
  • rolandsaleh1rolandsaleh1 Junior Member
    edited December 2014
    At least we're consistantly getting that closing line value tho this year
  • RonyBallgameRonyBallgame Senior Member
    edited December 2014
    This is almost comical.
  • underwrapsunderwraps Senior Member
    edited December 2014
    Ras isn't the only one losing this year in CBB there's some other very well known outfits also taking a bath.
    edited December 2014
    underwraps wrote: »
    Ras isn't the only one losing this year in CBB there's some other very well known outfits also taking a bath.

Who else if you don't mind me asking?
  • duritodurito Senior Member
    edited December 2014
    Everyone's losing, but I don't see anyone else passing on a 60 game card.
  • jmjm Senior Member
    edited December 2014
    so do you guys determine when to pull the plug and stop? Please no "when there isn't an advantage" because I have no idea if there's an advantage or not.

I remember thinking about another handicapper that's there no way he'll lose 20 units. It then went to -40 units and further south
  • hoff21hoff21 Member
    edited December 2014
    Win or lose that 2nd half play was +EV with Chavaughn Lewis coming across the screen as out for the game 6 minutes after the release.
    edited December 2014
    golfer1000 wrote: »
    Who else if you don't mind me asking?

Not anyone you would you know, and even if you did know them, I would never post their names out of respect.
    edited December 2014
    I remember thinking about another handicapper that's there no way he'll lose 20 units. It then went to -40 units and further south

Once you get caught in a C of C wave down there really isn't much anyone can do.