Betting Talk

Changes to 2014 RAS CBB Service

Comments

• jammerjammer Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    golfer1000 wrote: »
    Bad play. The sharp play was under 128 this morning. Anyone who has watched these 2 shit teams play this year would of known the over wasn't the play here. Bad pick. Fell into his stupid "play number" and played it. Good way to lose all your money. Not enough subjective analysis this year. To much gay modeling

Do you ever get tired of whining and bitching?
  • golfer1000golfer1000 Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    I have 7 credits left. Bought 50 initially. What do I do now?
  • getsome22getsome22 Member
    edited November 2014
    I have 7 credits left. Bought 50 initially. What do I do now?

You demand a refund for you, me and the rest of the unfortunate paying subscribers.
    edited November 2014
    jammer wrote: »

Nope. Sometimes id rather him lose just so I have something to bitch about.

We could suggest that only credits get used for winning picks. Losers is a wash, and no credits used. In that case, I would still have about 35 left.
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    atleast you missed a few plays at the ranch. thankful for the holiday!
    edited November 2014
    newcombe wrote: »
    atleast you missed a few plays at the ranch. thankful for the holiday!

Tis the season!:)

Should I quit ?
  • winupwinup Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    jammer wrote: »

when you pay over 3k for package you expect it to be good if it not good why charge that much of money.
    when you subscribe to ras you have to bet at least 1k a game when you bet 1k a game and get losing pick everyday you gonna be
    mad if you not mad you're not human.
  • cpech56cpech56 Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    getsome22 wrote: »
    My god this is pathetic. RAS is going to blow every unit he has
    earned in the past 5 years. He's robbing us blind.

Does Ras click submit or pick up the phone for you to place the wagers also?

Quit playing his plays if you cant handle the current results. Save your credits and jump back on board when he gets hot.
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited November 2014

Should I quit ?

Yes, over a year ago.
    edited November 2014
    Goats wrote: »
    Yes, over a year ago.

Haha thanks goats. I just knew I would hear that from you:). Not sure anyone shouldn't at this point though.
    edited November 2014
    cpech56 wrote: »
    Does Ras click submit or pick up the phone for you to place the wagers also?

Quit playing his plays if you cant handle the current results. Save your credits and jump back on board when he gets hot.

Keep betting your 50$ a game and stay out of this thread. No one needs advice from you at this point I assure you. Thanks for the tip though Dr Phil.
    edited November 2014
    Hey guys , I think I've figured it out , let's just save the credits we have already purchased, and/or purchase more, for when Ed gets hot and all just jump on board. Problem solved! Such a logical idea Dr Phil
  • 2sportguy2sportguy Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    When will anyone here admit that Golfer and others have a right to be upset ?

Im a bit of newbie so somewhat unfamiliar with the entire dynamic but when someone buys something and that something is not living up top what it is advertised to be.......Is it not just human nature to feel upset, sad, disappointed, frustrated etc........?

Has anyone here visited a website recently where consumers write reviews and or discuss experiences they have had with various retail products and or services etc ?.......There are plenty of irate , angry and unhappy customers who are venting........last time I checked this is the general discussion forum and maybe Golfer is over the top but we are all different and handle these things differently.....He feels like venting so I say vent away.

If it bothers you , don't read his posts.

Just my 0,02
  • jmjm Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    Bad play. The sharp play was under 128 this morning. Anyone who has watched these 2 shit teams play this year would of known the over wasn't the play here. Bad pick. Fell into his stupid "play number" and played it. Good way to lose all your money. Not enough subjective analysis this year. To much gay modeling

I don't think anyone's model had them going 3-24 from 3 land. They hit one more 3 and then keep fouling. *** happens.
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    Keep betting your 50$ a game and stay out of this thread. No one needs advice from you at this point I assure you. Thanks for the tip though Dr Phil.
    Golfer has every right to be upset. No, not the way you think I'm heading. Cpech is fresh outta the Rookie League and he's preaching to Golfer like a grizzled veteran. You needa a degree to become a counselor.
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    do these same consumer websites have customers venting daily before the results of the product are complete?
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    2sportguy wrote: »
    When will anyone here admit that Golfer and others have a right to be upset ?

Im a bit of newbie so somewhat unfamiliar with the entire dynamic but when someone buys something and that something is not living up top what it is advertised to be.......Is it not just human nature to feel upset, sad, disappointed, frustrated etc........?

Has anyone here visited a website recently where consumers write reviews and or discuss experiences they have had with various retail products and or services etc ?.......There are plenty of irate , angry and unhappy customers who are venting........last time I checked this is the general discussion forum and maybe Golfer is over the top but we are all different and handle these things differently.....He feels like venting so I say vent away.

If it bothers you , don't read his posts.

Just my 0,02
    You have every right to be upset but this is gambling and crying about it every day doesn't solve anything. I don't know any of you personally but I would have to say just from reading the same bull shit everyday your lives outside have to be a wreak with family and friends and that's sad. Please Golfer don't tell me your a different person the same night you got crushed during the day betting. Most gamblers problems they can't forget yesterday's loss's and try to make up for it the next day. Trying to win a weeks loss's in one day is how and I quote from a post yesterday "you run out of bullets" For some reason people feel when they paid for someone's sports picks they're suppose to win. It doesn't always work that way. People also think that the sport books shouldn't move lines until they get down. Somebody here compared someone paying for something and not being satisfied yes you get angry but the same people cry every day. but this is gambling and sometimes things go sideways. Over the years I'm sure RAS has build a large list of paying clients but it always seems to be the same handful that cry. That should tell you something and if you don't know what I'm talking about it's maybe you should try it on your own in amounts that won't tilt you because honestly this has become laughable it's not even sad anymore.
    edited November 2014
    Great day for DrH
  • KashmirKashmir Senior Member
    edited December 2014
    I think the issue here is that you have a lot of people with unrealistic expectations. Lets just assume RAS is a 57% handicapper at this point. The ride to 57% over 300 picks is not smooth. You can't expect each batch of 50 games to net you 28.5 wins. You have peaks and valleys. Do you think RAS has not had a 17-27 run before? That is to be expected with as many games as he has played over the years. RAS hasn't even had 50 picks and some of you are losing your fucking minds. It's like some of you guys have absolutely no gambling experience at all.
  • BeardedTacoBeardedTaco Senior Member
    edited December 2014
    Tis the season!:)

Should I quit ?

B3vu0rhCEAAKCdhjpglarge_zps63d09fc4.jpg
  • bcl4bcl4 Senior Member
    edited December 2014

This post actually made me laugh out loud. You crack me up golfer, never change.
    edited December 2014
    Haha thanks goats. I just knew I would hear that from you:). Not sure anyone shouldn't at this point though.

I am 99% sure you should not be gambling, trying to guess why Ed is off to a bad start, or giving anyone advice. You demonstrate repeatedly that you just don't get it. By all means be frustrated, but leave it at that.
    edited December 2014
    I am 99% sure you should not be gambling, trying to guess why Ed is off to a bad start, or giving anyone advice. You demonstrate repeatedly that you just don't get it. By all means be frustrated, but leave it at that.

Honestly, not even that mad. Prolly the calmest I've ever been through a rough ras patch that I can recall. All I was saying, is that it wasn't the sharp side in USC over. That's just my opinion. The total was bet down in the morning (I thought it was Dr H, but it wasn't) and then Ed released the over when the number got in his "range." Basically just bucked sharp steam. Why the number didn't get bet back down after release is beyond me. Or maybe the following is just that big now, I don't know.

I totally get that he's not going to win every day, every week, or even every month. Been following for a long time and this isn't the first time we've ever run bad nor will it be the last. I was just giving my opinion on that one particular play.
    edited December 2014
    The total was bet down in the morning (I thought it was Dr H, but it wasn't) and then Ed released the over when the number got in his "range."

How do you know 128 or 127 wasn't also in his range? Forget your inability to handle losing. You keep throwing out opinions for how and why RAS does things and they're just guesses but you treat them like fact.

Even if you're right, do you think RAS is the only winning bettor who will fade a line move from time to time?
    edited December 2014
    How do you know 128 or 127 wasn't also in his range? Forget your inability to handle losing. You keep throwing out opinions for how and why RAS does things and they're just guesses but you treat them like fact.

Even if you're right, do you think RAS is the only winning bettor who will fade a line move from time to time?

He either has USC overvalued (which he's missed on them all year so it's likely) or he bucked the move, or a combination of both. No matter how you slice it, I will still stick with my original thought and say under 128 was the sharp side here. I even got 125 on the total and cringed when the play was released.

I had one of my biggest bets earlier this year on USC under 140 against Fullerton and I went to bed at halftime. Their just inflated and there is no way around it. Wouldn't touch a Trojan over till mid January right now.
    edited December 2014
    I was making a general comment more than looking to debate if that one play was good or not b/c I don't cap or even follow CBB so I have no idea.

Let's move on though.
  • cpech56cpech56 Senior Member
    edited December 2014
    Ronbets wrote: »
    Golfer has every right to be upset. No, not the way you think I'm heading. Cpech is fresh outta the Rookie League and he's preaching to Golfer like a grizzled veteran. You needa a degree to become a counselor.

I'm assuming this took you atleast 15 minutes minimum to come up with. It's funny though so well worth it.
  • hornsfanhornsfan Senior Member
    edited December 2014
    I think the biggest issue for me is the notion, that i have had for many years now, that RAS is best in the early part of the season where research and experience can be used to exploit mispricings in NCAAB market. I believe that was even part of their advertising heading into some seasons a few years back. No, i have not gone back to run the numbers to see if my "notion" is anywhere near accurate for the past 5 years or so, but that is the issue that is jumping out at me. In the time period where RAS seems to have had the most historical success they are on a pretty tough run, which makes me (I understand i am only one subscriber) wonder what is to come and how to approach the remainder of the season. best of luck moving forward and hopefully me posting this as well as some subscribers throwing in the towel represents capitulation and the tide will turn.
    edited December 2014
    Good post and so true. He also lost early in cfb then crushed last 6 weeks or so, so I'm sure will get the answer of "just stick with it". But I agree, what the hell do we do now? The losing early in CBB when it's easiest is def most concerning to me as well. As edge typically drops as we get later in the season, combined with later release times this year, I'm not convinced their will be much edge left when plays get released to justify buying anymore credits. With 55% being the threshold most of us need him to reach to make it worth it, I'm not sure what to do either. Given were nearly 50 credits in and down 15 units, I think it's a must to go back to earlier release times, and add much more volume if we want to dig out of this mess. And if it backfires than so be it, but fuck the way were doing it now. Not to mention, if the old system were in place then I could see why Ed wouldn't want to do it cause he would be giving out the "goodies" for a lower cost, but since we're paying per pick, we certainly have a leg to stand on here. It could be a win- win for us all.
  • hoff21hoff21 Member
    edited December 2014
    According to the log-in dashboard, the release window is early all this week despite the first tip offs at 4pm PST. Is this an oversight or are we going to earlier release times for the foreseeable future?