Betting Talk

TCU line tonight

WeirWeir Senior Member
edited November 2014 in Sports Betting
Question regarding 'dead' numbers. If I like TCU tonight, do I care if it never gets to 5? I guess I'm asking if -6 is just the same as -5? Did I ask that clearly, lol

Comments

• Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    Your Kidding right. -6 -5 the same NO
  • MrAdvantageMrAdvantage Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    college #s are not as dead as the NFL. This point isn't as bad as say, laying 3.5 and now seeing 2.5. U always want to get the best # period. If U are too busy to watch the screen or shop, I and would lay 5.5 hoping it doesnt tick back to 6.
  • WeirWeir Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    Perhaps I should try again old guy. When you play on a fave of minus 5, aren't you essentially asking said team to win by TD?
  • WeirWeir Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    Thank you for your reply, much appreciated
    edited November 2014
    Weir wrote: »
    Perhaps I should try again old guy. When you play on a fave of minus 5, aren't you essentially asking said team to win by TD?

Think about how scoring is in the NFL and that should answer your question. Not trying to be rude but that's a question that wasn't given much thought before asking.

Just to add something you said in your first post about dead numbers 6 is not a dead number.
  • WeirWeir Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    Sorry I asked, old. Now I'm aware that there actually ARE stupid questions...after all these years(I'm 34) & I also now know this is the wrong place to ask for gambling advice...what the fuck was I thinking? My bad
    college #s are not as dead as the NFL. This point isn't as bad as say, laying 3.5 and now seeing 2.5. U always want to get the best # period. If U are too busy to watch the screen or shop, I and would lay 5.5 hoping it doesnt tick back to 6.
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    Think about how scoring is in the NFL and that should answer your question. Not trying to be rude but that's a question that wasn't given much thought before asking.
  • cpech56cpech56 Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    Weir,

There's no such thing as a stupid question. However you gotta think about how easily a game in the NFL ends on 6. It's a much more popular and likely number than 5 for obvious reasons. Did you like TCU when it was 7? If so take it at 6 and dont risk waiting for it to go to 5.
  • WeirWeir Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    Cody, thanks for clarifying. LOOK AT YOUR 2nd & 3rd sentences....IF I KNEW, I would not have asked.
    As I said, I'll ask my gambling questions on the correct forum from now on, not here
    edited November 2014
    Don't be angry it's Thanksgiving and think of it this way the next time you want to ask a question you'll try to figure it out yourself by thinking about it before asking. Then if you can't figure it out don't let this thread discourage you from asking questions. The only gambling advice is Patience, Discipline, money management (Set % where bets go up when going good and down when going bad) and forget yesterday's loss's meaning don't chase what's already lost stick to your plan. One more that I've heard all my life I'm playing with the house's money, Wrong once it's in your pocket it is now your money. SO stick to your plan and your be gambling for about 55 years and counting and still around.
  • jmjm Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    NFL games generally have a 6 point margin of victory 6% of the time.
  • BetThemDogsBetThemDogs Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    Don't be angry it's Thanksgiving and think of it this way the next time you want to ask a question you'll try to figure it out yourself by thinking about it before asking. Then if you can't figure it out don't let this thread discourage you from asking questions. The only gambling advice is Patience, Discipline, money management (Set % where bets go up when going good and down when going bad) and forget yesterday's loss's meaning don't chase what's already lost stick to your plan. One more that I've heard all my life I'm playing with the house's money, Wrong once it's in your pocket it is now your money. SO stick to your plan and your be gambling for about 55 years and counting and still around.

Very important-- and many people just don't get this. BTW, I've been gambling for about 45 years, and still at it-- however, I've had to rob 3 banks to replenish my bankroll.
  • babaorileybabaoriley Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    Play 5.5. It isn't going any lower than that. That said, UT covers this game and likely wins outright. This will be their signature win and Strong has had a great week of practices by all accounts. Tread lightly, I guess, though if you like TCU play the 5.5 at BM right now.
  • cpech56cpech56 Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    babaoriley wrote: »
    Play 5.5. It isn't going any lower than that. That said, UT covers this game and likely wins outright. This will be their signature win and Strong has had a great week of practices by all accounts. Tread lightly, I guess, though if you like TCU play the 5.5 at BM right now.

If this is what a great week of practice and a signature win looks like then I'll be damned.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    I was on Texas, squares gotta win some of the time