Betting Talk

BGPicks.com is up and running

Comments

• underwrapsunderwraps Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    The leeman thing i wrote on the last page was just for Humor. Laughter is the best medicine during down times
    Nothing against my man Buffett. We love you
    edited May 2014
    here's my technical analysis for tomm:

On my chart we have invalidated the inverse head n shoulders and also crept out of the rising wedge.
    We are now in an upward channel with a 4 way zig zag consolidation which also occurred a few days ago which send us screaming higher.
    I predict a bullish close Tomm.
    Thats a wrap
  • ericvandenericvanden Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    Not a subscriber but does his service end after 8 weeks like RAS CFB? Why are you guys talking about refund possibilities in mid May? 1/4th of the way through the season. Id say BG is a pretty solid fave to end up >1 unit . 18 weeks of MLB left, if he averages 4 units/month, you're well out of the hole. Anybody not think he can do it?
  • duritodurito Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    The service runs for the whole year, so yes it's only 1/4 done. For some reason cwissy thinks it ends in a month.
  • ericvandenericvanden Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    Yeah its absurd that people are acting like the sky is falling.
  • lumpy19lumpy19 Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    procap wrote: »
    Not that any of this matters, but I'd side with Doc on this one.

If this were a real bet I guess I'd lose money(pretty normal for me). $1750 seems so cheap for what he's offering and the history he has.
  • worm33worm33 Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    lumpy19 wrote: »
    If this were a real bet I guess I'd lose money(pretty normal for me). $1750 seems so cheap for what he's offering and the history he has.

Id set the # at 39
  • Dr. HDr. H Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    worm33 wrote: »
    Id set the # at 39

I think that's a really good number.
    edited May 2014
    Is that number 39 for full sub? Call me nuts, but I'll take Over 39
  • raiders72001raiders72001 Junior Member
    edited May 2014
    Nice try durito but payouts aren't lottery type where +ev bets can be ignored. You should never pass on bets that hit your trigger point in baseball favorite or dog. The goal isn't short term 3 days worth of bets. It's season long.
    edited May 2014
    Nice try durito but payouts aren't lottery type where +ev bets can be ignored. You should never pass on bets that hit your trigger point in baseball.

What are you talking about?
    edited May 2014
    You should never pass on +ev bets ever. That doesn't mean someone running a service is going to give out every +ev bet they come across.
    edited May 2014
    durito wrote: »
    You should never pass on +ev bets ever. That doesn't mean someone running a service is going to give out every +ev bet they come across.

He should be posting all +ev bets if he wants to maximize profits for subscribers. He's already posting close to 5 a day for the past week. Adding a couple of dogs just helps since the 15 play quota is being surpassed.
    edited May 2014
    He should be posting all +ev bets if he wants to maximize profits for subscribers. He's already posting close to 5 a day for the past week. Adding a couple of dogs just helps since the 15 play quota is being surpassed.

Yes, I would like all of them too. I'd prefer to see 10+ a day, but he has his methods and his reasons and I'm certainly not going to concern myself about anything after a small losing steak that I probably see similar every month.

But posting an equivalent edge dog at risk 1u to win 1.6 and a favorite at 1.6 to win 1 is not maximizing eg. I assume he isn thus not posting dogs unless the edge if higher enough to make up for the overbet, which is the whole pt of all of my posts in this thread.
  • kcburghkcburgh Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    Heading down to Reno next week, any thoughts/tips on where I will be able to get down on BG's plays at the released lines?
    edited May 2014
    Yes, I would like all of them too. I'd prefer to see 10+ a day, but he has his methods and his reasons and I'm certainly not going to concern myself about anything after a small losing steak that I probably see similar every month.

But posting an equivalent edge dog at risk 1u to win 1.6 and a favorite at 1.6 to win 1 is not maximizing eg. I assume he isn thus not posting dogs unless the edge if higher enough to make up for the overbet, which is the whole pt of all of my posts in this thread.

You are talking about optimization which would include perceived edge along with risk management.

I agree that BG knows what he's doing but posting more plays leads to less variance and the selectivity of his plays doesn't make sense to me. I wish he would post the criteria for posted plays. It would be helpful to all of us.
  • BigKahunaBigKahuna Banned
    edited May 2014
    kcburgh wrote: »
    Heading down to Reno next week, any thoughts/tips on where I will be able to get down on BG's plays at the released lines?
    Not sure about the released line numbers, but the Peppermill takes the most action and then Atlantis. I think because they are their own books, the rest are all Cal/Neva outlets.
  • kcburghkcburgh Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    BigKahuna wrote: »
    Not sure about the released line numbers, but the Peppermill takes the most action and then Atlantis. I think because they are their own books, the rest are all Cal/Neva outlets.

Thanks I found out the Grand Sierra has the kiosks(will be curious to see how quick the #'s move) that open at 7am, I am spending the first three night there. Then moving to the Atlantis which I believe only opens at 8 or 8:30 most days.
  • jmjm Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    I feel like BG should get a unit added to his units won today for passing on the red sox.
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    jm wrote: »
    I feel like BG should get a unit added to his units won today for passing on the red sox.

you do have the choice to play as you wish; you know that right? broken record with the bo sox plays it seems...
  • buythehookbuythehook Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    newcombe wrote: »
    you do have the choice to play as you wish; you know that right? broken record with the bo sox plays it seems...

He was just making a joke with the comment. The redsox have lost us a lot of money and that's the reason why it sounds like a broken record. There are always certain teams that kill or make us a alot of money.

nothing wrong with finding a little humor in a post like that.
    edited May 2014
    we all know how much the bo sox have won or lost everyone money. the fact that we a see a new post on it everyday is the busted record. is what it is. play or don't.
  • homerplayerhomerplayer Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    BG about to get bill millered?
  • TwoninerTwoniner Member
    edited May 2014

Your points expected growth are valid, but it's really just the market this year. I'm getting almost every one of these big faves by my numbers, and it wasn't this prevalent in the past.
  • cpech56cpech56 Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    newcombe wrote: »
    we all know how much the bo sox have won or lost everyone money. the fact that we a see a new post on it everyday is the busted record. is what it is. play or don't.

Or just ignore peoples posts that continue posting about it. I thought it was pretty comical myself
    edited May 2014
    Twoniner wrote: »
    Your points expected growth are valid, but it's really just the market this year. I'm getting almost every one of these big faves by my numbers, and it wasn't this prevalent in the past.

Even better if that's the case with him as well. Certainly not privy to such information just trying to show people there is nothing inherently wrong with betting favorites.
    edited May 2014
    cpech56 wrote: »
    Or just ignore peoples posts that continue posting about it. I thought it was pretty comical myself

hard to ignore that many.
  • Dr. HDr. H Senior Member
    edited May 2014
  • lumpy19lumpy19 Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    You favorite freaks happy now!!??
  • jmjm Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    one 0-2 fastball down the middle from being 4-0. We'll take 3-1