Betting Talk

1st and 2nd half basketball stats

Comments

• ebemissebemiss Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    minger2123 wrote: »
    Ebe, great chart. Wouldn't kent/am qualify for a 1st half over too? Starts in 10 minutes..

Thanks

Not for me. I'm pretty strict with the way I've been playing these 1st half totals. They show overall slightly above average, for 1st half, but their recent play doesn't meet the criteria I use to make it an over play. That's just how I use the numbers. I'm sure others may use them different.

I'm looking for over or under the league average then the same thing with each team's recent play.
  • minger2123minger2123 Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    Ok, congrats on the Rutgers under play!

Thanks for the report!
    edited January 2014
    I've set a strict criteria as I can't track everything and play everything that may fit certain angles and not others. If someone uses the numbers and notices anything else. Please share. I may miss certain things. I'll try to post the numbers more often.
    edited January 2014
    Wednesday 1/22

These games fit the profile I've been playing for 1st half. Most aren't lined at pinnacle or bookmaker. I'm posting the line I see at 5 dimes on the bettingtalk live odds feed for the others.

Over 67 UMass/Richmond
    Under 63 Northeastern/Towson
    Over 70 Iowa/Michigan
    Under 65.5 St. Louis/Duquesne
    Under 64.5 CMU/Miami Oh
    Under 58.5 Akron/EMU
    Under 61 Indiana St/Loyola Chi
  • KashmirKashmir Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    Thanks ebemiss. Great info.
  • rhinocerosrhinoceros Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    This is great stuff, ebe, and a ton of work. Thanks!

Now for the big question: is it working? I'm not asking for a detailed record as that would be impossible, what with the judgement calls necessary. But a general, casual poll: who has been winning using these spreadsheets?
    edited January 2014
    rhinoceros wrote: »

who has been winning using these spreadsheets?

What does this mean?
  • rhinocerosrhinoceros Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    ebemiss wrote: »
    What does this mean?

I'm asking posters in this thread to speak up.
    Either a) i'm using these and it works--I'm winning
    or
    b) nah, it doesn't help.
    edited January 2014
    rhinoceros wrote: »
    I'm asking posters in this thread to speak up.
    Either a) i'm using these and it works--I'm winning
    or
    b) nah, it doesn't help.

Good luck. I've been trying to get feedback and some other opinions for years on many different forums, and many ideas/numbers I've had, and it's usually thanks for posting and then crickets. Nowadays everyone wants the stuff spoon fed.

To answer your other question...Is it working? Yes. A lot of my stuff "works". A lot of it could get better too with sharp comments and feedback. It would save me hours of testing/back testing with possibly more input and give me other ideas of how to use the data. The problem is people only want to open a thread, get a pick, and bet it.
    edited January 2014
    Good luck. I've been trying to get feedback and some other opinions for years on many different forums, and many ideas/numbers I've had, and it's usually thanks for posting and then crickets. Nowadays everyone wants the stuff spoon fed.

To answer your other question...Is it working? Yes. A lot of my stuff "works". A lot of it could get better too with sharp comments and feedback. It would save me hours of testing/back testing with possibly more input and give me other ideas of how to use the data. The problem is people only want to open a thread, get a pick, and bet it.

You do have a lot of great stuff.

I have found the 1H unders to be worthwhile. I find it hard to bet 1H overs.
    edited January 2014
    Kashmir wrote: »
    You do have a lot of great stuff.

I have found the 1H unders to be worthwhile. I find it hard to bet 1H overs.

Thanks. This is about forumville in general as well. Not just my stuff. This is still a really good spot for information and no nonsense. I've just learned to lower my expectations.
    edited January 2014
    updates through Wednesday 1/22 games
    edited January 2014
    These fit. All unders, First one has a line at most books. Others only at 5 dimes currently on bettingtalk live odds feed. Will post current numbers. 1 possibly later no line listed now for it.

Under 65 Tulsa/MTSU
    Under 71 ECU/Tulane
    Under 66 Kent St/W. Michigan
    Under 65.5 Marshall/Rice
    edited January 2014
    Other game just showed up.

Under 67 CS Northridge/UC Irvine
  • alamoalamo Member
    edited January 2014
    Looking like a great night...One more for a 5-0 sweep :thumbup2:
  • underwrapsunderwraps Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    Ed, Great stuff!! Nice job.
    Thanks
    edited January 2014
    Nice work.
  • BuckyBadgerBuckyBadger Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    Excellent--thanks Ed
    edited January 2014
    1/24 NBA

Over 105 Washington/Phoenix (1H)

1 other fits but the value is getting sucked out. Let's see if the all the steam generates a winner. Would play it, if you do, slightly less than Was/Pho at this point.

Over 98.5 Cleveland/Milwukee
    edited January 2014
    1/24 NBA

Over 105 Washington/Phoenix (1H)

1 other fits but the value is getting sucked out. Let's see if the all the steam generates a winner. Would play it, if you do, slightly less than Was/Pho at this point.

Over 98.5 Cleveland/Milwukee

Ed, what about the second half of the San Antonio /Atlanta game? Both are over avg in scoring and trending over.

Thoughts?
    edited January 2014
    minger2123 wrote: »
    Ed, what about the second half of the San Antonio /Atlanta game? Both are over avg in scoring and trending over.

Thoughts?

Definitely something to keep an eye on if you get a fair line. Exactly the type of things I look for when playing the 1st halves. (both teams trending in the same direction) Then the next decision is based on line value. If you think it's fair then play it.
    edited January 2014
    through 1/24 games
    edited January 2014
    Under 72 Delaware. Towson
    edited January 2014
    Congrats!

See any other games that fit?
    edited January 2014
    I'm working on it now. I'm tweaking the parameters that generate a play for both the NBA and NCAA. I seemed to be getting too many unders in NCAA and too many overs in NBA. I think I've figured it out and I'm happy with the results. I have it set up so it's generating a full unit play (which I've been posting) and .5 unit plays which I haven't. The half unit plays are doing well they are just short on 1 of the criteria I'm using on the full plays. (They are still meeting 75-80% of what I'm looking for). I'll try to post a few of them as time permits to track and compare. I just want to re-check everything 1 more time and I'll post anything that shows up mid-late afternoon.
    edited January 2014
    Plays posted are 1 unit, generated plays (same as I've been posting), unless I differentiate them from .5 unit plays.

Under 63.5 Pittsburgh/Maryland
    edited January 2014
    3 more all (.5 unit plays) each

Will only have 1 more NCAA play once/if they put a line on it later.

Under 66 UTSA/Utep
    Under 72.5 Washington/Oregon St
    Under 66.5 San Jose St/Boise St
    edited January 2014
    2 more. 1 unit each

Under 65 Akron/CMU

NBA

Over 90.5 Chicago/Charlotte
    edited January 2014
    quick tally of 1st half plays in this thread