Dave Mason wrote: »

Loved Andrews on Dancing with the Stars. Great legs

http://www.xnxx.com/video4046094/erin_andrews
  • BeardedTacoBeardedTaco Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    those links always end up making me browse through the standard vids
  • KashmirKashmir Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    Sherman is incredibly intelligent. Do you not think this was contrived?
  • Dr. HDr. H Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    Kashmir wrote: »
    Sherman is incredibly intelligent. Do you not think this was contrived?

Exactly. It's all about building his brand.
  • procapprocap Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    I thought Sherman's antics were quite sad. To literally go out of your way to talk shit on a player and then continue it during interviews is just flat out classless. There's no arguing he's the best secondary player in the league, but he's still a major douchebag in my book.
  • groovinmahoovingroovinmahoovin Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    procap wrote: »
    I thought Sherman's antics were quite sad. To literally go out of your way to talk shit on a player and then continue it during interviews is just flat out classless. There's no arguing he's the best secondary player in the league, but he's still a major douchebag in my book.

Jim Harbaugh coaches the Niners. When you have douchebaggery like that at the top of your organization, you shouldn't be surprised that people treat your players in kind.

And did I seriously see someone claim that Ray Lewis was somehow more worthy of admiration than Richard Sherman???
  • procapprocap Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    Jim Harbaugh coaches the Niners. When you have douchebaggery like that at the top of your organization, you shouldn't be surprised that people treat your players in kind.

So Sherman's act was "OK" because the opposing coach is a douche?
  • eug44eug44 Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    not sure if anyone agrees but I am completely against players/coaches getting interviewed in the heat of battle, I hate it when they interview a bball coach in the middle of a time out all they wanna do is say fuck off. Sherman fought with this guy all night, in the biggest game of the year, shit talking is part of it, part of every game, every competitive sports - he won the battle and has the right to talk shit. it doesn't look good on national tv I get it.
  • wcf1214wcf1214 Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    this is embarrassing to the NFL, watch him get more calls against him,starting next year
  • BuckyBadgerBuckyBadger Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    I can see both sides of the Sherman debate. Personally, I think he showed a lack of class, poor sportsmanship, and a disregard for his fellow competitors, and the game of football in general. On the other hand, there was something refreshing/entertaining about his visceral candor. I have heard that he does a lot of good things for underprivileged kids, and wonder if his outburst sends the right message to those kids he so wants to help, and who look to him as a role model.
  • duritodurito Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    eug44 wrote: »
    not sure if anyone agrees but I am completely against players/coaches getting interviewed in the heat of battle, I hate it when they interview a bball coach in the middle of a time out all they wanna do is say fuck off. Sherman fought with this guy all night, in the biggest game of the year, shit talking is part of it, part of every game, every competitive sports - he won the battle and has the right to talk shit. it doesn't look good on national tv I get it.

Agreed, when they brought Sherman on the set later he was fine, she just caught him right after the biggest play of his life. Of course he was pumped up.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    Just to clarify my position, I don't have a problem with players trash talking, Larry Bird is my favorite athlete of all time and there wasn't a bigger trash talker in the league than him. IMO what Sherman did was cross the line. He went over to Crabtree and started slapping his butt, talking is one thing, physically putting your hands on another player is different, then looking over to Kap and giving the choke sign, that's not trash talking, that's crossing the line, it's just classless. I remember a long time ago when Pete Carroll was coaching the Patriots, they were playing the Dolphins and Pete Stoyanovich missed a FG that would have given Miami the win, as soon as he missed Carroll gave him the choke sign, and Iater apologized for it. Let's say the cameras caught Carroll giving the choke sign to Kap after the pick, the media would be all over him and he would have been apologizing again. Players should be accountable for their actions just like coaches are.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    durito wrote: »
    Agreed, when they brought Sherman on the set later he was fine, she just caught him right after the biggest play of his life. Of course he was pumped up.

Durito, I don't have a problem with Sherman acting the fool with Erin Andrews obv it's an emotional moment, but after making the biggest play of his life, his first instinct isn't to go celebrate with the guy who actually made the interception, or run over to any of his teammates and start jumping around in ecstasy. No, his first reaction is to go over to a player on the other team and put his hands on him while getting right in his face and telling him how great he is. Why didn't Andrews interview the guy who made the pick? Does anyone even know his name? I mean if he doesn't grab the ball after the deflection it's just an incompletion and the Niners are still alive, but Sherman makes it all about him.
  • duritodurito Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    Oh sure I agree, but I think none of this discussion in the media ever happens if not for that interview.
  • ebemissebemiss Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    Sherman acting the way he did is going to help the super bowl line go up which is fine by me. Casual bettors/fans find it easier to root for "aw shucks" Peyton and can't stand the way that "thug" Sherman acted.

Seattle opened as favorite and they should be favorite. Their defense is sick. I'm hoping the majority move the line back up again next week and I'll hit Seattle and the money line another time.
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    curious why you think the hawks should be favs ebe? just bc of their 'sick defense'? takes much more than that to win a SB. I appreciate your opinion is why I ask. thanks.
    edited January 2014
    I have them -1 using the same rating system I've used all season. Taking into account their stats and their performance vs the line, etc... Offense/Defense....

Plus I don't trust Peyton Manning on a neutral field, in cold weather, vs a team that has an opponents passer rating of 64.8. I trusted Manning yesterday at home in 60 degree weather vs a suspect New England secondary. I don't trust him in this big spot.
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    hawks on road or neutral field in this case makes a huge difference to me. young qb, great RB but Denver will load up against the run as they did yesterday and of course the fact that Denver/Peyton has 2 weeks to prepare for this defense. Should be an excellent match up. I take an experienced Peyton and this possession driven/time consuming offense with some power running myself over the hawks and their defense (not at home).

as you can prob see, I am on Denver already :)... GL and can't wait to see it all play out.
  • kass101kass101 Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    Dr. H wrote: »
    You didn't run right over here and make a post about it that was obviously emotionally fueled, making it completely obvious that a large part of your anger was due to your losing bet.

I don't care if you hate Sherman, that's totally fine. But let's also not pretend that he's the only asshole in the league. There are plenty on every team. If you start rooting against teams with pricks on them, you'll have a lot more free time on Sundays.

Considering Sherman is not an asshole at all and very well spoken. The guy knows how to fuck with people and that is what he does. He is the best CB in the game aint nobody gonna doubt that.
    edited January 2014
    newcombe wrote: »
    hawks on road or neutral field in this case makes a huge difference to me. young qb, great RB but Denver will load up against the run as they did yesterday and of course the fact that Denver/Peyton has 2 weeks to prepare for this defense. Should be an excellent match up. I take an experienced Peyton and this possession driven/time consuming offense with some power running myself over the hawks and their defense (not at home)

as you can prob see, I am on Denver already :)... GL and can't wait to see it all play out.

Should be a good game. I get the Seattle on the neutral field argument as well. Their home advantage is fantastic. GL
  • Dr. HDr. H Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    kass101 wrote: »
    Considering Sherman is not an asshole at all and very well spoken. The guy knows how to fuck with people and that is what he does. He is the best CB in the game aint nobody gonna doubt that.

I don't think he's an ass at all. I was trying to point out that it's hypocritical to root against a team because you think there is an asshole wearing the uniform.
  • baseRunnerbaseRunner Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    I would pay 100 bucks per game if someone found a way to put a mic on Sherman and I could live stream the audio while watching the game with the TV volume off.
  • Obi OneObi One Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    A couple of things:

- The (self-proclaimed) Greatest Of All Time, Muhammad Ali, called himself many things back in the days. We view him now as a legend. So what's the problem with Sherman? He just had the single biggest play of the game. Let the man talk and don't judge him just on those 30 seconds. That's many people's problem. They think they can extrapolate somebody's identity from the 30 seconds they saw and heard him on TV.

- Rumours are (saw this on twitter today from a reporter) that Crabtree started trouble with Sherman at a charity event earlier this year. If the rumours are true, then this rivalry is way bigger than what we just saw on the field.

- BeatsbyDre debuted their new promo and headset yesterday, featuring Sherman in the advertisement. Guy knows what he's doing.

Gimme 11 Richard Sherman's on my team, please!
  • JMU_DegenerateJMU_Degenerate Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    Obi One wrote: »
    A couple of things:

- The (self-proclaimed) Greatest Of All Time, Muhammad Ali, called himself many things back in the days. We view him now as a legend. So what's the problem with Sherman? He just had the single biggest play of the game. Let the man talk and don't judge him just on those 30 seconds. That's many people's problem. They think they can extrapolate somebody's identity from the 30 seconds they saw and heard him on TV.

Was wondering if this would come up. At 32 years old I was not around for Ali but I am well versed in his lore. From what I have seen, Ali was beloved world over. When it was game time, however, he acted like a selfish, self-involved, self-hyping a$$h0le and was lauded for it.

I heard much worse things come out of Ali's mouth before, during and after fights.

Somehow in the 60s and 70s this was accepted and even praised but Richard Sherman does it in 2014 and is villainized. What gives?
  • BigKahunaBigKahuna Banned
    edited January 2014
    Obi One wrote: »
    A couple of things:

- Rumours are (saw this on twitter today from a reporter) that Crabtree started trouble with Sherman at a charity event earlier this year. If the rumours are true, then this rivalry is way bigger than what we just saw on the field.

- BeatsbyDre debuted their new promo and headset yesterday, featuring Sherman in the advertisement. Guy knows what he's doing.

Gimme 11 Richard Sherman's on my team, please!
    We are now comparing Ali to Sherman ? Really?
    1. He is not self proclaimed as the Greatest. He is the greatest boxer period !
    2. He knocked away a ball, that a linebacker trailing the play intercepted, pretty great play by the linebacker, chasing a WR.
    3. 30 Seconds ? how about 3 hours, follow up interviews he kept going, would not stop calling him mediocore and himself the greatest.
    4. Yes they had words at a golfing event because crabtree would not agree with the interviewer that Sherman was the best.
    5. Beats commercial very appropriate. But in the commercial he refuses to comment, too bad he did not do like the commercial.
    edited January 2014
    - Here's a quote of Ali: "I am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was" and another one "A rooster crows only when it sees the light. Put him in the dark and he'll never crow. I have seen the light and I'm crowing."

Those are a couple of things he said directly into the camera, back in his days. Am I comparing Muhammad Ali to Sherman? No I am not. I said: Isn't the outrage over Sherman's comments kind of like a double standard when we condone his actions yesterday, while we think of somebody who did the same thing 30/40 years ago as 'The Greatest of All Time".

- So you can extrapolate who somebody is from 30 seconds on live TV and from a couple of tweets and interviews? I mean, you knew all about his high school grades and all the charity work he does, just from that?
  • BigKahunaBigKahuna Banned
    edited January 2014
    Obi, I am not judging him from 30 seconds, I live in the Bay Area, know a lot about him , his parents, his up bringing, his long shot that he got out of Compton alive , what he does for charities. Not questioning any of that, he is a wonderful man. I don't even frown on large ego's, I actually believe you have to have one to be great at anything. However, you don't have to flaunt it and be negative towards your competitor, that is what I didn't like.

hope that made sense.
  • JalapanoseJalapanose Banned
    edited January 2014
    BigKahuna wrote: »
    Obi, I am not judging him from 30 seconds, I live in the Bay Area, know a lot about him , his parents, his up bringing, his long shot that he got out of Compton alive , what he does for charities. Not questioning any of that, he is a wonderful man. I don't even frown on large ego's, I actually believe you have to have one to be great at anything. However, you don't have to flaunt it and be negative towards your competitor, that is what I didn't like.

hope that made sense.
    BigKahuna wrote: »
    How the hell did he get into Stanford ?

wut
    edited January 2014
    Jalapanose wrote: »
    wut

Jala, please call Lawboy, he might want expand the business and partner up.