Betting Talk

Really can't handle these bad plays

golfer1000golfer1000 Senior Member
edited September 2013 in Sports Betting
Really can't handle 50-50 plays from RAS. Thank god for the halftime plays. Just don't understand some of the picks. Second week in a row we had a game involving Kansas, and both times needing them to put points on the board. Well they suck dick. Hope RAS can put a good stretch together to close out the year

Comments

• jammerjammer Senior Member
    edited September 2013
    They have won 61% over the last 4 years, and all of a sudden you don't understand some of the picks???? Good grief brother- stop betting.
  • cpech56cpech56 Senior Member
    edited September 2013
    Am I wrong or is it only week 3?
  • golfer1000golfer1000 Senior Member
    edited September 2013
    Lol I know what they have done cause I've had them. All I'm saying is the plays havent been very good. I look for him to shine early in the year as he normally does. I am a bit worried about this year now. I hope I'm wrong. So flo laying DD's to anyone is a joke. They lost to Nichols fucking state who has gotten beat by Lamar the last 2 years
  • BigJoeyBigJoey Senior Member
    edited September 2013
    Correct, one more week and I be leave the season will be half way done for them.
    edited September 2013
    BigJoey wrote: »
    Correct, one more week and I be leave the season will be half way done for them.

Exactly
  • hornsfanhornsfan Senior Member
    edited September 2013
    golfer1000 wrote: »
    Really can't handle 50-50 plays from RAS. Thank god for the halftime plays. Just don't understand some of the picks. Second week in a row we had a game involving Kansas, and both times needing them to put points on the board. Well they suck dick. Hope RAS can put a good stretch together to close out the year

Do we have to go though this every year with hoops and foots with you? You have admitted you over bet these games, can't take the emotion out of it, and overall do not seem that y ou know how to manage your bankroll. Why not reduce the unit size and ride the variance like the rest of us? It is Amazing the short-sightedness you continually express.
  • KashmirKashmir Senior Member
    edited September 2013
    Tough day. Even I was bitching during the first game but not really about the play. Just over and over again the missed ops for scoring. You are always going to have these swings.
  • StricknineStricknine Senior Member
    edited September 2013
    This is the problem with selling picks. You have impulsive morons buying them and ruining their bankrolls chasing in downturns. They go broke or stop following before the uptick. I am not a subscriber but his history clearly is impressive. Bad days, weeks, and even months are going to happen betting sports to anyone and everyone.
  • eug44eug44 Senior Member
    edited September 2013
    i'll bite and bitch, couple of these losses are tough to swallow, I lost the Ball State under couldn't get the RAS line on them
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited September 2013

Then don't play them. Grow the fuck up and stop complaining, you sound like a whiny little bitch. Judging by your posts in this thread, you come across as someone who shouldn't be betting.
  • lakemonsterlakemonster Senior Member
    edited September 2013
    Lol I know what they have done cause I've had them. All I'm saying is the plays havent been very good. I look for him to shine early in the year as he normally does. I am a bit worried about this year now. I hope I'm wrong. So flo laying DD's to anyone is a joke. They lost to Nichols fucking state who has gotten beat by Lamar the last 2 years

have another cocktail....
  • James702James702 Member
    edited September 2013
    We almost won money again. :idoit:
    edited September 2013
    hornsfan wrote: »
    Do we have to go though this every year with hoops and foots with you?
    Yes.
  • zkc100zkc100 Member
    edited September 2013
    eug44 wrote: »
    i'll bite and bitch, couple of these losses are tough to swallow, I lost the Ball State under couldn't get the RAS line on them
    I was confused by this one as well, I was able to get mkt on all plays, except this one. At time of release my book had this one at 58, the second it releases it actually went up to 59 which is very strange. Wonder if anyone else had an issue on this one.
  • buythehookbuythehook Senior Member
    edited September 2013
    I bet no one can top what happened to me.....WTF

Steve released the over in this play earlier in the week @ 62, # 161 over in ball state.

ras released the opposite play on Thursday @ 63, # 162 ball under 63

It does not happen too much, but it did this week, I was busy a work and I rushing to put it in. I didn't realized I had the opposite plays, so I got it in for a dime each with one of my outs.

I got Stevie at over 62.5 and I got ras under 60.5, i realized with 2 mins of what happened and i said to myself to just let it go because they should cancell each other out.......The fucken game lands on 61....FML...just very unlucky.....

Yeah..the crown royal was flowing a little too much last night...lol
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited September 2013
    Golfer, in all honesty, while Ed and BT's rules allow you to vent, posts like these truly are getting tiresome. Fortunately, BT's rules also allow for responses letting you know this.

You really don't seem to handle the swings of gambling very well and/or comprehend the nature of gambling. I truly question why you put yourself through this.
    edited September 2013
    You really don't seem to handle the swings of gambling very well and/or comprehend the nature of gambling. I truly question why you put yourself through this.[/QUOTE]

Honestly, I do it cause I think RAS is the best. I may put them down when things aren't going well, but I know deep down they are great, and I would always tell anyone that.
  • chuckhchuckh Senior Member
    edited September 2013
    yesterday couple right side losers for me south car -11 and indiana over 60.5 both games were tough to watch especially first half indiana game and 4th quarter of s car was just brutal
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited September 2013
    kane wrote: »
    Then don't play them.

this. you can't complain on the board after the fact that the plays were 'bad plays' b/c if you knew something others didn't before hand that they truly were bad plays then you simply take the other side or lay off. In all actuality, you did the right thing by playing all of them and unfortunately didn't win. hard for you to say that you can decipher what is a good or bad play and again if you can then you decide whether to lay the cash.
  • Joe DogsJoe Dogs Member
    edited September 2013
    Did RAS have 17 plays yesterday?

What was the brake down on wins and losses?

Ras most have perceived plus EV value on these plays.........Unfortunately it doesn't always play out that way.
    edited September 2013
    Joe Dogs wrote: »
    Did RAS have 17 plays yesterday?

What was the brake down on wins and losses?

http://www.handicapper.net/college-football-picks.php
  • increasedoddincreasedodd Senior Member
    edited September 2013
    The Indiana Over may be the best bet that I have seen lose in a long time. Sadly I had it as a pick of mine as well

Virtually everything had to go wrong to keep that under.

If they played again I'd line it 70 something.
  • Joe DogsJoe Dogs Member
    edited September 2013
  • helmuthelmut Senior Member
    edited September 2013
    The Indiana Over may be the best bet that I have seen lose in a long time. Sadly I had it as a pick of mine as well

Virtually everything had to go wrong to keep that under.

If they played again I'd line it 70 something.

EXACTLY

1000 yds of total offense

Since 2010 there have been 333 games with both teams combining to gain >1000 yards

Only 22 of those games went under 61 pts
  • wcf1214wcf1214 Senior Member
    edited September 2013
    golfer didnt we go thru this last year,with you saying ras was betting over on smu to much, .. things never change
  • JalapanoseJalapanose Banned
    edited September 2013
    RAS runs like God and historically gets every break in the world (by design, granted), it's so funny watching the "bad beat" consternation come out on the Halley's Comet losses
  • winupwinup Senior Member
    edited September 2013
    zkc100 wrote: »
    I was confused by this one as well, I was able to get mkt on all plays, except this one. At time of release my book had this one at 58, the second it releases it actually went up to 59 which is very strange. Wonder if anyone else had an issue on this one.

i was confused this one too when i bet it jump down to 57.5 right after ras realease have know idea was happen 63 jump down to 57.5
  • lakers22lakers22 Senior Member
    edited September 2013
    IMO if you pay your hard earned dough for plays you can bitch all you want.

if you buy a tv and it doesn't work what do you do...

i love ras and i buy the service..we all know you don't win every week..but i believe if you pay for the groceries you can vent all you want
    edited September 2013
    lakers22 wrote: »
    IMO if you pay your hard earned dough for plays you can bitch all you want.

if you buy a tv and it doesn't work what do you do...

i love ras and i buy the service..we all know you don't win every week..but i believe if you pay for the groceries you can vent all you want

Not the best analogy. Having won ridiculous amounts over several years and then losing in the occasional short term does not equate to "broken" IMO.

That said, as I mentioned above, Ed and the rules here allow for venting... just as they allow for posters to respond to the way in which Golfer vents.
  • BeardedTacoBeardedTaco Senior Member
    edited September 2013
    helmut wrote: »
    EXACTLY

1000 yds of total offense

Since 2010 there have been 333 games with both teams combining to gain >1000 yards

Only 22 of those games went under 61 pts

http://espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=332570249

gamblers have such selective memories hehe