Betting Talk

Scott Kellen

golfer1000golfer1000 Senior Member
edited August 2013 in Sports Betting
Is kellen having a service this year?

Comments

• golfer1000golfer1000 Senior Member
    edited August 2013
    Never mind I found it. 800$ for full season. Anyone buying it?
  • BookbrakerBookbraker Senior Member
    edited August 2013
    The NFL is tough to beat.
  • underwrapsunderwraps Senior Member
    edited August 2013
    golfer1000 wrote: »
    Never mind I found it. 800$ for full season. Anyone buying it?

I guess you weren't a member last year, because if you were the price is $300 for the beat down of 2012 season
  • JalapanoseJalapanose Banned
    edited August 2013
    underwraps wrote: »
    I guess you weren't a member last year, because if you were the price is $300 for the beat down of 2012 season

Looks like he has made huge changes in his service to try and prevent such a debacle from reoccurring.
  • golfer1000golfer1000 Senior Member
    edited August 2013
    Jalap- what changes are those? Thx
  • RightAngleRightAngle Admin
    edited August 2013
    Releasing most plays on Tuesday instead of Friday night should help.
  • increasedoddincreasedodd Senior Member
    edited August 2013
    RightAngle wrote: »
    Releasing most plays on Tuesday instead of Friday night should help.

Friday has gotta be about the hardest time to beat the NFL. Early in the week, lines are soft. They get pounded into shape and are just about perfect I would guess by Friday. By Sunday some get moved by idiots, big betting areas, etc and are beatable again. Id wager NFL the day lines go up and on game day

Sean
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited August 2013
    Friday has gotta be about the hardest time to beat the NFL. Early in the week, lines are soft. They get pounded into shape and are just about perfect I would guess by Friday. By Sunday some get moved by idiots, big betting areas, etc and are beatable again. Id wager NFL the day lines go up and on game day

Sean

Sean, idiots don't move NFL #s...................unless you are referring to clone bookmakers that move on oxygen.
  • increasedoddincreasedodd Senior Member
    edited August 2013
    Idiots do move NFL numbers if you are talking large cities. Watch what happens Sunday morning when a team like the NYG or Dallas Cowboys plays the KC chiefs or STL rams.
  • TexasHookEmTexasHookEm Senior Member
    edited August 2013
    Don't books give a select few gamblers access to NFL lines (with relatively low limits) to bang them into shape before lines are released to the masses? I know at least one person in the industry claims that this is true, and that he is one of these select "few".
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited August 2013
    Don't books give a select few gamblers access to NFL lines (with relatively low limits) to bang them into shape before lines are released to the masses? I know at least one person in the industry claims that this is true, and that he is one of these select "few".

Dan Gordon used to claim he was one.

Regardless of whether that did/does happen, there's still plenty of "banging into shape" that takes place after they're released to everyone.
  • lumpy19lumpy19 Senior Member
    edited August 2013
    Idiots do move NFL numbers if you are talking large cities. Watch what happens Sunday morning when a team like the NYG or Dallas Cowboys plays the KC chiefs or STL rams.

Going to need a BeardedTaco gif response for this
    edited August 2013
    Goats wrote: »
    Regardless of whether that did/does happen, there's still plenty of "banging into shape" that takes place after they're released to everyone.

Understood, just wanted to know if this claim was a myth or not. I've heard Philly Godfather say it in a radio interview.
  • InsiderInsider Senior Member
    edited August 2013

CRIS and PINNY open first and let anyone wager.
  • Dr. HDr. H Senior Member
    edited August 2013

This is just flat out wrong.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited August 2013
    The old stardust lottery was great to watch before cell phones. Many clipboard wounds. I also believe there are people that have access to lines before there out.
    The Guppies move nothing I don't care how many there are. Those who believe books want even action on Sat/Sun are also delusional.
  • speculatorspeculator Senior Member
    edited August 2013
    The limits are lower on sunday nights, like 5,000 in vegas. In essence, the vegas books are taking sharp money with lower limits early....and let lines fall where they may...
  • duritodurito Senior Member
    edited August 2013
    Insider wrote: »

Greek has usually been first with NFL, but that may not continue. PInny won't open until either Cris or Greek is up.
    edited August 2013
    Insider wrote: »

Sorry, wasn't asking where lines open to the public. The two people Goats and I mentioned claim to have access before any openers are available anywhere, so I was asking if this is true or not.
  • duritodurito Senior Member
    edited August 2013
    Sorry, wasn't asking where lines open to the public. The two people Goats and I mentioned claim to have access before any openers are available anywhere, so I was asking if this is true or not.

Maybe a long time ago, but even if it's true somewhere now, those places are still going to copy pinny when they come up.

It's like the BOL openers, open at -3, sit there for 8 hours, then cris opens at -8 and BOL auto moves to 8.
    edited August 2013

No it's not true.
    edited August 2013
    durito wrote: »
    Greek has usually been first with NFL, but that may not continue. PInny won't open until either Cris or Greek is up.

CRIS always has the sharpest line for the biggest limits when it comes to NFL openers.
  • compu_pickscompu_picks Junior Member
    edited August 2013
    Goats wrote: »
    Dan Gordon used to claim he was one.

Wouldn't stun me, though obviously I don't know what the books actually do. That sort of approach seems to make a lot of sense, you give up some potentially good lines in exchange for some pretty valuable independent information.
  • BeardedTacoBeardedTaco Senior Member
    edited August 2013

grenade_zps20a3cfc1.gif

Sean

Only thing you could qualify as "soft" for the NFL are the openers. Tuesday lines are not exacly going to be a walk in the park.

Last sentence is actually not bad advice. Lots of opportunities on Sundays.
    Dr. H wrote: »
    This is just flat out wrong.

1_1302621996_zps9aa1ab0d.gif

durito wrote: »

Greek went from 10k MLB gameday limits to now 1k. I know Spiro thing hurt but wowz. Just hope they can hold on as they are very solid.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited August 2013
    speculator wrote: »
    The limits are lower on sunday nights, like 5,000 in vegas. In essence, the vegas books are taking sharp money with lower limits early....and let lines fall where they may...

Your right of course that was the purpose same thing that's still being done. Also to add a 5k bet in the 80's is a little different then a 5k now. The dust was the king in Poker and sports nobody couldn't touch it even after the trouble but then Corp America slowly destroy it to where they actually felt they needed to tear it down to build another city like there competitors.
  • BookbrakerBookbraker Senior Member
    edited August 2013

Sean

two things

Lines are never soft in the NFL market. You may have a slighter edge early on in the week though I agree with you.

If you knew this information prior to last season why would you have your customers bet into perfect lines?
  • RightAngleRightAngle Admin
    edited August 2013
    Bookbraker wrote: »
    If you knew this information prior to last season why would you have your customers bet into perfect lines?

I doubt if Scott shares Sean's opinion that the lines were perfect on Friday nights, he had won releasing on Friday night in the past, and there are a few advantages to releasing later in the week also.
  • Obi OneObi One Senior Member
    edited August 2013
    RightAngle wrote: »
    I doubt if Scott shares Sean's opinion that the lines were perfect on Friday nights, he had won releasing on Friday night in the past, and there are a few advantages to releasing later in the week also.

From what I can understand from this thread, it seems like the 'sharp' way of thinking is that lines are soft in the beginning of the week and by friday they've been bet into shape, as such that there's no edge to be found from friday onwards. I believe this is not correct and I agree with Ed that there are advantages to releasing later in the week.

Here's my story:
    I once asked a linesmaker at one of the biggest books to pass me the sharp picks he could see coming in on his accounts. I wanted to know not only for my own wallet, but because I wanted to 'compete' in the Supercontest. Of course we could start a debate here on whether that's fair or not ;) ....but let's leave that for another day. He said: "sure, why not?!" and as I was going over the parameters of the contest with him he said: "wait......do you have to get the picks in by saturday morning?" ..I said: "Yes, Saturday by 11 am"....He goes: "That sucks, because most of the time the sharp picks come in on sunday"

Conclusion: Some sharps bet early in the week, when they believe they are getting the best number, others bet later in the week, once the line has moved toward their threshold. It's simple as that. Make your pick and try to get the best line available.
  • lumpy19lumpy19 Senior Member
    edited August 2013
    Obi One wrote: »
    From what I can understand from this thread, it seems like the 'sharp' way of thinking is that lines are soft in the beginning of the week and by friday they've been bet into shape, as such that there's no edge to be found from friday onwards. I believe this is not correct and I agree with Ed that there are advantages to releasing later in the week.

Here's my story:
    I once asked a linesmaker at one of the biggest books to pass me the sharp picks he could see coming in on his accounts. I wanted to know not only for my own wallet, but because I wanted to 'compete' in the Supercontest. Of course we could start a debate here on whether that's fair or not ;) ....but let's leave that for another day. He said: "sure, why not?!" and as I was going over the parameters of the contest with him he said: "wait......do you have to get the picks in by saturday morning?" ..I said: "Yes, Saturday by 11 am"....He goes: "That sucks, because most of the time the sharp picks come in on sunday"

Conclusion: Some sharps bet early in the week, when they believe they are getting the best number, others bet later in the week, once the line has moved toward their threshold. It's simple as that. Make your pick and try to get the best line available.

Seems like some wait because the limits increase, not because they're getting a better line.
  • Obi OneObi One Senior Member
    edited August 2013
    lumpy19 wrote: »
    Seems like some wait because the limits increase, not because they're getting a better line.

True,
    That's another reason. But still, they don't mind betting into 'shaped' lines.