Betting Talk

Buffettgambler Discussion Thread

Comments

• buffettgamblerbuffettgambler Senior Handicapper
    edited July 2013
    Rip007 wrote: »
    Hey, BG, .......question for you sir, on first five's ...would it not be easier to originate these lines ???either on totals or sides ?? excluding the vig, it would take the bullpens out of the mix.. I am sure there are "advanced metrics out" there on bullpens,...but seems from a distance that (they ) bullpen usages, quality of middle relief, etc., etc, seems to be a crapshoot at times,.... just to "eliminate" that variable would seem to be an advantage ???
    No ???

If you think you have an edge, there is a good chance it may be derived from something that may be harder to discount. People commonly confuse scoring runs against bullpens as luck and against the starters as skill. If a front end pen member allows a run they claim they didn't expect him to be in the game, and if it happens against a back end member, they claim the guy is good and should not have allowed runs. Or something along those lines. Bullpens are just another variable to incorporate valuation, and if done correctly, should pay off. I derive ff's and bet into them, but not for your reasons mentioned.
  • buffettgamblerbuffettgambler Senior Handicapper
    edited July 2013
    Vikings23 wrote: »
    Hey buffet just wanted to thank you for a great season. These will be my last 4 plays since I won't be around for a few weeks. I'll be enjoying myself. But u made me a lot of money. Thanks again. I know ur stopping in a week or two so when I get back u will be done but ur the best pal. Enjoy ur holiday weekend. Good luck everyone and enjoy.

Thank you. Glad I helped. Enjoy your vacation.
  • lumpy19lumpy19 Senior Member
    edited July 2013
    Thanks for a great season. Hope you post your NFL stuff here.
  • Dr. HDr. H Senior Member
    edited July 2013
    Thanks for sharing all of your hard work.
  • munson15munson15 Senior Member
    edited July 2013
    Great finish to a great thread, thanks as always, BG.
  • Bruins732Bruins732 Junior Member
    edited July 2013
    Is BG done for MLB season and will be back for NFL? Or did someone piss him off and he's gone for good?
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited July 2013
    Bruins732 wrote: »
    Is BG done for MLB season and will be back for NFL? Or did someone piss him off and he's gone for good?

He said earlier that he'd be done posting MLB a few weeks before the All Star break.
  • homerplayerhomerplayer Senior Member
    edited July 2013
    TommyL wrote: »
    He said earlier that he'd be done posting MLB a few weeks before the All Star break.

Great job BG. Thanks for all the hard work you put in this season.
  • ImstormImstorm Junior Member
    edited July 2013
    Thank you. Great season!
  • buckeyesbuckeyes Senior Member
    edited July 2013
    Thanks BG hope to see you around football season!
  • bluejakebluejake Senior Member
    edited July 2013
    What a way to leave the group at BT on a 14-7 +8.04 week, Thank You for sharing!
  • JalapanoseJalapanose Banned
    edited July 2013
    Pwnage, as predicted. Thanks, BG!
  • baseRunnerbaseRunner Senior Member
    edited July 2013
    Terrific work. Congrats on a great year so far, and good luck going forward.
  • underwrapsunderwraps Senior Member
    edited July 2013
    Great Work Mr. Buffett. Thanks for sharing here at the BT board, much appreciated.
  • JchampJchamp Member
    edited July 2013
    Buffet do you have a website or any other way for us to get your plays for second half?
  • Rip007Rip007 Banned
    edited July 2013
    Thank You ! BG, enjoy the rest of your summer
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited July 2013
    Jchamp wrote: »
    Buffet do you have a website or any other way for us to get your plays for second half?

http://www.bettingtalk.com/threads/173248-Buffettgambler-Discussion-Thread?p=802344&viewfull=1#post802344

While I'm posting... nice season sir!
  • RightAngleRightAngle Admin
    edited July 2013
    Very nice indeed, thank you.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited July 2013
    Excellent work
  • VOR101VOR101 Member
    edited July 2013
    if possible, can you, ras, or goats, etc. provide any necessary information as to where to find your future recommendations, it would be vastly appreciated, thank you for all the hard work, it was a pleasure.
  • stillcrazystillcrazy Junior Member
    edited July 2013
    Awesome work BG!
  • ugadawgs7769ugadawgs7769 Senior Member
    edited July 2013
    Well done and thanks
  • JB531JB531 Senior Member
    edited July 2013
    very impressive, thanks again!
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited July 2013
    Hey BG, me and my bankroll owe you a big thanks, enjoy your summer.
  • CirclejerkCirclejerk Senior Member
    edited July 2013
    Great Work BG.
    Thank you!
  • minimax314minimax314 Member
    edited July 2013
    Thanks so much, amigo. You made me a whole lot of money, and asked for nothing in return. I guess free lunches do exist after all.
  • lilylily Senior Member
    edited July 2013
    Thanks BG ..enjoy your summer..
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited July 2013
    I have to add to the list of thanks as well. greatly appreciated and hope we see you again here at BT soon.
  • JalapanoseJalapanose Banned
    edited July 2013
    worm33 wrote: »
    Im already out of line for coming in the guys thread and coming down on his plays so im not going to say anymore, I just felt compelled to throw my 2 cents in there for the people comparing him to Stevie. Like I said small sample size etc so I could change my mind just my opinion in the current situation.

I have no idea what you were "thinking" with this astute "analysis" lol. Wrong horse much?
  • worm33worm33 Senior Member
    edited July 2013
    Jalapanose wrote: »
    I have no idea what you were "thinking" with this astute "analysis" lol. Wrong horse much?

My opinion isn't very important to you. That's fine. He had a good season and I congratulate him on that. Happy for everyone who followed.