Betting Talk

StevieY MLB 2013 Discussion Thread

Comments

• Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited May 2013
    It is amazing isn't it? I found it amazing he was still with them this year.
  • kdogkdog Senior Member
    edited May 2013
    Does John Axford have pictures of Ron Roenicke in a compromising position with a goat?

Kinda my thoughts too when I saw him announced. Still not the worst managerial bullpen move of the day though, that goes to Eric Wedge for pulling Felix after throwing 97 pitches in 6 innings, 61 for strikes. Three relievers & three runs later he's down 4-3 and facing Robertson & Rivera. That worked out predictably.
  • mik5058mik5058 Junior Member
    edited May 2013
    kdog wrote: »
    Kinda my thoughts too when I saw him announced. Still not the worst managerial bullpen move of the day though, that goes to Eric Wedge for pulling Felix after throwing 97 pitches in 6 innings, 61 for strikes. Three relievers & three runs later he's down 4-3 and facing Robertson & Rivera. That worked out predictably.

Felix injured his back in the 6th.
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited May 2013

You're a sharp guy, but doesn't your ego let you say maybe I made a mistake?? You disappear when you error. Thank the poster for the update and man up.

"Seattle took a 3-0 lead against CC Sabathia into the sixth inning. With a runner on first and one out, Granderson tapped a comebacker. Hernandez fielded the ball in front of the mound, pivoted and snapped a throw to second for a forceout.

But Hernandez tweaked his back on the play, an injury that he said wasn't serious. He stayed in, gave up an RBI double to Lyle Overbay and was pulled after the inning ended. " cbssportsline
  • BuckyBadgerBuckyBadger Senior Member
    edited May 2013
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    It is amazing isn't it? I found it amazing he was still with them this year.

Axford, did finish quite well last year, (so that is probably one of the reasons they kept him on the roster) but this year he has been abysmal. PS--OT, as I'm sure you already knew, Pitt was a Stoffo home dog winner
    edited May 2013
    Axford, did finish quite well last year, (so that is probably one of the reasons they kept him on the roster) but this year he has been abysmal. PS--OT, as I'm sure you already knew, Pitt was a Stoffo home dog winner

Yes, I knew and along with the steam couldn't pull the trigger either way on that game.
  • kdogkdog Senior Member
    edited May 2013
    Ronbets wrote: »
    You're a sharp guy, but doesn't your ego let you say maybe I made a mistake?? You disappear when you error. Thank the poster for the update and man up.

"Seattle took a 3-0 lead against CC Sabathia into the sixth inning. With a runner on first and one out, Granderson tapped a comebacker. Hernandez fielded the ball in front of the mound, pivoted and snapped a throw to second for a forceout.

But Hernandez tweaked his back on the play, an injury that he said wasn't serious. He stayed in, gave up an RBI double to Lyle Overbay and was pulled after the inning ended. " cbssportsline

WTF is this supposed to mean? I don't sit around and wait to see if someone else posted in a thread unless I've asked a question and need an answer, I'm seeing his post for the first time now.

Felix was injured, thank you, I didn't know that.
    edited May 2013
    WTF is this supposed to mean?

Felix was injured, thank you, I didn't know that.

I didn't stutter.
    Thank you for admitting you dropped the ball.
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited May 2013

I didn't stutter.

Was that comment really necessary? Let's move on please.
  • JchampJchamp Member
    edited May 2013
    Brewers call up K-Rod ... I guess Axford was closer to "the axe" then we thought ... Hahah
  • PettimorePettimore Senior Member
    edited May 2013
    This is just starting to remind me of Sixth Sense........last year
  • worm33worm33 Senior Member
    edited May 2013
    Pettimore wrote: »
    This is just starting to remind me of Sixth Sense........last year

Go away. U already said nobody can beat baseball right?
  • PettimorePettimore Senior Member
    edited May 2013
    I am going away. I didn't mean to offend anyone, but I think I'm right.......good luck!
    edited May 2013
    Pettimore wrote: »
    I am going away. I didn't mean to offend anyone, but I think I'm right.......good luck!

I think stepping away (from gambling) is probably the right decision for you. BOL.
  • AILVAILV Junior Member
    edited May 2013
    Moneylines are 5-20 over the last 25 plays and 13-21 overall.
  • AILVAILV Junior Member
    edited May 2013
    Correction: Moneylines are 5-20 over the last 25 plays and 13-22 overall.
  • cpech56cpech56 Senior Member
    edited May 2013
    Stevie, I am newer to sportsbetting so I apologize for my lack of knowledge. I knew nothing about your betting history prior to joining BT. My question is how much "gut instinct" do you put into your plays?

"First time caller, short time listener"
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited May 2013
    cpech56 wrote: »
    My question is how much "gut instinct" do you put into your plays?

my guess and gut instinct answer is ZERO.
  • StevieYStevieY Senior Handicapper
    edited May 2013
    cpech56 wrote: »
    Stevie, I am newer to sportsbetting so I apologize for my lack of knowledge. I knew nothing about your betting history prior to joining BT. My question is how much "gut instinct" do you put into your plays?

"First time caller, short time listener"

None.
  • cpech56cpech56 Senior Member
    edited May 2013
    I figured as much. Thanks
  • kdogkdog Senior Member
    edited May 2013

I didn't stutter.

Well excuse me for not spending all night reading forums in case someone replied to one of my posts. Wouldn't want to look like I was rude by not replying immediately. I'll endeavor to do better in the future. In the meantime if you don't like what or how I post feel free to put me on ignore.
    edited May 2013
    I thought we got past this?? Is the truth bothering you? Your M.O. is silence when wrong. You won't engage when you appear to be wrong.
  • worm33worm33 Senior Member
    edited May 2013
    I thought we got past this?? Is the truth bothering you? Your M.O. is silence when wrong. You won't engage when you appear to be wrong.

Ron why u so mad all the time?
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited May 2013
    Guys, enough of this crap already. I had to deal with enough of this today with my employees, and again tonight on the baseball field. Don't have any patience left to deal with it here.
    edited May 2013
    Ron,

I know kdog a long time he's a good guy believe me if he saw the post he would have said something like my bad didn't know. I know him a very long time and he's solid, sharp and helpful. Lets move on. Lets tell a story this week. This is getting blown out of proportion.
  • Vikings23Vikings23 Junior Member
    edited May 2013
    I'm giving this another week. Dam I didn't think my ten bucks would cost me thousands. Lets go stevie. Get on a roll. We just can't get any rhythm. I'm not even the one picking these games but I feel like a defeated person while putting these plays in. A bad vibe around here
  • homerplayerhomerplayer Senior Member
    edited May 2013
    Looks like an excellent opportunity for new/slightly experienced bettors to learn lessons stressed on BT in other threads. No antagonizing or shit starting here, but reading some of the above made me think the following, and yes, been following SY's plays this season as well.

1. when we look at a 3 year record of 296-257 (correct that if it is wrong) we shouldn't concern ourselves with a 25 or 35 game stretch. now if it extends into an 125 game stretch, then you might rethink following SY.

2. Is anyone going more than 2% BR on the plays? I keep mine right around 1%. You are not going to get rich or win big going 5% or 10% or more of BR, you are going to go broke and then openly bitch that it is not your fault. We keep our plays at a size that will insulate us from stretches of poor performance.

3. Unless we are assuming the Market has past SY by (i'm not, yet) i see 3 years of posting and 3 years of positive units each year.

Not directed at anyone in particular and i am apathetic when it comes to SY, don't know the guy but seems solid and i can respect what it takes to be a capper, so my defense here is more toward the math behind the betting then the man himself.

GL all.
  • ebemissebemiss Senior Member
    edited May 2013
    Vikings23 wrote: »
    I'm giving this another week. Dam I didn't think my ten bucks would cost me thousands. Lets go stevie. Get on a roll. We just can't get any rhythm. I'm not even the one picking these games but I feel like a defeated person while putting these plays in. A bad vibe around here

The guy is a proven winner and had a bad month. There are 5 more months left in the baseball season!!! Posts like this drive me crazy. StevieY is putting in the work as well as sharing his picks and answering any questions regarding baseball.

I guess if your bankroll can't handle variance or you thought joining this site for $10 was going to make you a millionaire you probably don't have the right approach to gambling.
    edited May 2013
    Vikings23 wrote: »

Strongly suggest you read the last few posts.

Rhythm? Vibes? Losing streaks happen. If you can't handle them or following someone blindly, I would seriously reevaluate whether gambling is a good idea for you.

Also, one more week is going to be as insignificant as the current sample. If you want to ignore his last 700+ MLB plays and base your decision on the next arbitrary 7 days, that's your prerogative, but it's not very sound from a mathematical standpoint.
  • lumpy19lumpy19 Senior Member
    edited May 2013
    My plan is to increase my bet size because SY is due

WHO'S WITH ME?!