Betting Talk

Someone just tell me to quit for life.

mikief87mikief87 Senior Member
edited May 2013 in Sports Betting
The history of my sports wagering career.
I bought RAS service for the 2010-2011 basketball season and they posted their worst season in like a decade or something. Of the plays I missed for whatever reason, more won than lost. I took some time off and got their football service this past season along with sixth sense's service. RAS broke about even and sixth sense puts up their worst season ever. . I was going to get the RAS basketball season for this past season, but decided to pass because during the football season, I was only able to get about 2 out of 3 of the plays at the posted line due to a ever so slight lag in refreshing the browser. RAS goes off for like 30 units on the season. Since 2010 the only other service I ever used was Mike Lineback which I stopped using at the beginning of this baseball season. The main reason I stopped using him was that I felt like he may have lost something with his NBA and NFL handicapping because he he never gets any CLV. Plus his results haven't been that good over the past year+. Low and behold, he is 33-12 to start the MLB season. Currently I am only following BuffetGambler and StevieY whenever I can get the line they post within 5 cents. So watch out! Thanks for listening. For some reason, I feel better for venting.

Comments

• Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited May 2013
    Good Luck, Positive thinking,
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited May 2013
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    Good Luck, Positive thinking,

+1, like the way you think OT.
  • minger2123minger2123 Senior Member
    edited May 2013
    You didn't take the heat tonight, did ya?
    edited May 2013
    three 1 run loses today so far for you and me. man this nasty run will never end...
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited May 2013
    Quit for life.
    edited May 2013
    newcombe wrote: »
    three 1 run loses today so far for you and me. man this nasty run will never end...
    Do dislike when a Road team ties a game to lose in extra. Just lose and go home.

Newcombe we're going to kill them tomorrow No Problem
    edited May 2013
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    Do dislike when a Road team ties a game to lose in extra. Just lose and go home.

lol exactly :).
  • PettimorePettimore Senior Member
    edited May 2013
    If the Jays Rays game ends up going under.........QUIT!
    edited May 2013
    Pettimore wrote: »
    If the Jays Rays game ends up going under.........QUIT!

2nd this notion. the snake's venom is waaay to strong if that happens. no jinxes petti :).
  • CoolsCools Senior Member
    edited May 2013
    Goats wrote: »
    Quit for life.

Just don't quit on life mikie. There are many things far more important than money.
  • billymacbillymac Senior Member
    edited May 2013
    mikief87 wrote: »
    I bought RAS service for the 2010-2011 basketball season and they posted their worst season in like a decade or something. Of the plays I missed for whatever reason, more won than lost. I took some time off and got their football service this past season along with sixth sense's service. RAS broke about even and sixth sense puts up their worst season ever. . I was going to get the RAS basketball season for this past season, but decided to pass because during the football season, I was only able to get about 2 out of 3 of the plays at the posted line due to a ever so slight lag in refreshing the browser. RAS goes off for like 30 units on the season. Since 2010 the only other service I ever used was Mike Lineback which I stopped using at the beginning of this baseball season. The main reason I stopped using him was that I felt like he may have lost something with his NBA and NFL handicapping because he he never gets any CLV. Plus his results haven't been that good over the past year+. Low and behold, he is 33-12 to start the MLB season. Currently I am only following BuffetGambler and StevieY whenever I can get the line they post within 5 cents. So watch out! Thanks for listening. For some reason, I feel better for venting.

Could you please tell me what u look like?........so I never get on a plane with you. Thanks.
    edited May 2013
    In case anyone didn't get the implied sarcasm, I merely responded with what he asked for when I posted "quit for life."

Note to Pettimore: If it had gone under I seriously might have banned you. :)
    edited May 2013

the lack of runs for a few innings had me worried :)...
  • originalokieoriginalokie Senior Member
    edited May 2013
    In case anyone didn't get the implied sarcasm, I merely responded with what he asked for when I posted "quit for life."

Dr K still lives!!!

I knew it!!!

Walking with Elvis!!!
    edited May 2013
    You guys are Brutal but I haven't seen a sense of humor here in a while. It's good to see that there's days you can actually click on a thread and laugh. It clears the mind and you think a little better and your day is just a bit better. Bucky has this joke that I thought was way funny he gets 94 views 3 Ty's and one reply
    I thought we were losing our sense of humor glad to see we're not.
  • JalapanoseJalapanose Banned
    edited May 2013
    mikief87 wrote: »

Call me a cynic, but given your screenname and promotion, you wouldn't happen to be related to Mrs. Lineback would ya?
    edited May 2013
    Jalapanose wrote: »
    Call me a cynic, but given your screenname and promotion, you wouldn't happen to be related to Mrs. Lineback would ya?

was wondering if this was coming :).
  • mikief87mikief87 Senior Member
    edited May 2013
    Jalapanose wrote: »

Haha, no man. Lineback is off to a good start this baseball season, but he got buried last baseball season.

I am just a 32 year old professional poker player who wants very badly to win at sports wagering, or at least break even, or at least lose just a little bit.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited May 2013
    C'mon Newc, you knew this was coming. (I don't mean that as a negative toward you Pali)
    edited May 2013
    should've phrased "was wondering when this was coming" :)...
  • ChemicalATChemicalAT Senior Member
    edited May 2013
    If you want a head start on turning things around, then take this advice: DON'T BET BASEBALL. You cannot win. You will chase guys who had a great season "last year" but ultimately you will go bust. It is the most unbeatable sport around despite the lies people tell you about it being the easiest. Pro hoops isn't far behind.
    edited May 2013
    ChemicalAT wrote: »
    If you want a head start on turning things around, then take this advice: DON'T BET BASEBALL. You cannot win. You will chase guys who had a great season "last year" but ultimately you will go bust. It is the most unbeatable sport around despite the lies people tell you about it being the easiest. Pro hoops isn't far behind.

I guess Stevie has just been really lucky winning for the past 3 seasons over 700+ picks.

There are virtually no absolutes in sports betting like "No one beats baseball."

Also, it's pretty impossible to go bust if you're betting a reasonable amount of your BR per play.
  • SquigglySquiggly Senior Member
    edited May 2013
    Cools wrote: »
    There are many things far more important than money.

Absolutely correct.

Unfortunately, those many things all require money.
  • CoolsCools Senior Member
    edited May 2013
    Squiggly wrote: »
    Absolutely correct. Unfortunately, those many things all require money.

It depends. Faith, family and friends are the three things I aim to uphold the most in my life, in that order. Fun is fourth. One could spend copious amounts of money with these four things or one could spend nothing.
  • mrwanker2umrwanker2u Member
    edited May 2013
    It depends. Faith, family and friends are the three things I aim to uphold the most in my life, in that order. Fun is fourth. One could spend copious amounts of money with these four things or one could spend nothing.

I told my friends and family I was going to spend nothing on them. Oh we'll....I still have a shot at faith and fun.
  • billymacbillymac Senior Member
    edited May 2013

Does it have to start with an "F" ? I can think of one I like to do. :)