Betting Talk

How do you EST guys do it ?

BigKahunaBigKahuna Banned
edited April 2013 in Sports Betting
I mean game tonite starts at 930 your time. So your into to it until midnight, even the west coast baseball starts at 10.00 pm your time, it's 1 am before it finishes.

I am assuming most people work, does it wear you out ? or do you guys just not watch west coast sports ?

Just curious.

Even the Sunday NFL throws me off, was there one time, waiting for football until 1pm drove me crazy, then a very long day.

Don't know why this popped into my head today but it did .

Comments

• CoopsCoops Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    I sleep 4-5 hours a night on weekdays. I go to bed at 130-200 and wake up at 630. On the weekends I sleep for 10 hours. I've been doing it for years, ur body adjusts.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    BK, personally I'm a night owl. I love watching west coast sports as it gives me something to watch late at night. Since I'm definitely not a morning person, I always wondered how you guys out west get up so early to watch football. A noon college game starts at 9:00 am for you, there is no way I could wake up that early. I guess it's just what you're used to, I've lived in the EST my whole life.
  • buythehookbuythehook Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    It's really not that bad...there are times when I will fall asleep and just check my phone for a west coast score in the morning. I really wish this game tonight started around 8-9, but it's all good.

How is it on the west coast on Sundays when football starts at 10 am? I have my Sunday routine during football season... It involves a lot of food and a lot alcohol from 1pm till late game!! Loll
  • ebemissebemiss Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    Nightmare for me on a game like tonight. I'm tired. I enjoy the games and will watch. I'm just thankful to CBS for adding Steve Kerr as he has prevented that moron Clark Kellogg from making me want to suck on the exhaust pipe by the first media timeout.
  • Matteo5Matteo5 Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    Well BigK, when you get my age, I guess you don't. Retired July 1, 2012, so have been able to hang in there a little longer since I could sleep a little later. However, went back to work today (just for the next two months) to help out a former colleague of mine. Just woke up from a short "doze off" in my recliner...so, I doubt very seriously I'll make it for the entire game. Maybe when I was younger, but now, just hope to make it to tip time...:)
  • CoolsCools Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    I live in San Diego but grew up in Texas. My contention is that the central time zone has it best when it comes to sports. Not too late, not too early.

It's been brutal for the NFL living out in California for the past seven years. I cover the league so during the season we have to go to the early 8 a.m. church service just so I can be back at the house by 9:30 to get ready for the games. And let me tell you, it's not easy sifting through all the inactives for the early games in a half hour.
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited April 2013
    I'm pretty much a night owl, so it doesn't bother me at all. The later the better for me as far as games go, that way I can spend time with my family/get my son to bed before I start watching anything. I've found myself watching more and more sports via DVR these days too, just recording 7pm Eastern games my time and watching them later when I can FF through commercials. On a normal night, I probably go to sleep in the 1:30-2am range. Then again, on a normal day I'm usually waking up between 8:30 and 9:30am, so I still get plenty of sleep.
  • ChemicalATChemicalAT Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    I'm on the West Coast and would give anything to be in the EST when it comes to sports Would love nothing more than games starting at 10 at night.
  • worm33worm33 Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    Man I loved living on west coast for sports. Football starts at 10 done at 4
  • CoopsCoops Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    ChemicalAT wrote: »
    I'm on the West Coast and would give anything to be in the EST when it comes to sports Would love nothing more than games starting at 10 at night.

I couldnt imagine going to bar at night and not having sports on. Thats why I could never move to West Coast, have to be social and talk to people, uck.
  • BigKahunaBigKahuna Banned
    edited April 2013
    Try Maui, having football and bases start at 7 am. Set the alarm, wake up , place your wagers, go back to sleep or go to the beach and come back and you have results by 10 am. Not to mention you are watching people in snow, as you are sitting in shorts. AHHH the good life. LOL
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    kane wrote: »
    BK, personally I'm a night owl. I love watching west coast sports as it gives me something to watch late at night. Since I'm definitely not a morning person, I always wondered how you guys out west get up so early to watch football. A noon college game starts at 9:00 am for you, there is no way I could wake up that early. I guess it's just what you're used to, I've lived in the EST my whole life.

It's the best, up early games at 9am beautiful day outside coffee in one hand sheets in the other. I will say when I first got here it took a while to get use to it But it sure beats getting up and waiting for a game to start at 1pm at least that's how I feel now. I guess it's all relevant to where you live and life style. But to me nothing beats a 9am east coast football game where the real football is played.
  • GooseSTLGooseSTL Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    Central time zone is great. No way I could deal w EST and I suppose I could get used to west coast. I like the 7:00pm football starts. Lived in Denver for 8 years and the MTN zone wasn't too bad.
  • originalokieoriginalokie Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    Coops wrote: »
    I sleep 4-5 hours a night on weekdays. I go to bed at 130-200 and wake up at 630. On the weekends I sleep for 10 hours. I've been doing it for years, ur body adjusts.

I make love for almost three minutes and sleep 10 hours!!!
  • BeardedTacoBeardedTaco Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    better then pitino's 15 secs
  • jets96jets96 Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    tivo if i fall asleep
  • buythehookbuythehook Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    I make love for almost three minutes and sleep 10 hours!!!

Lmaoooo... That's great... I usually tell my wife to get ready for the best 10.5 seconds of her life!!