Betting Talk

E8 osu -4'/Wichita +4'

JalapanoseJalapanose Banned
edited March 2013 in Sports Betting
I will be on osu. Thoughts?

Comments

• newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    love the MVC but agree. venturing into a different beast here. only hope for shocks is a huge defensive effort. they'll be looking back all day...
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    OSU Large.... I also think at some point there's going to be a shot at a -4
  • JalapanoseJalapanose Banned
    edited March 2013
    Yes I'm holding off for a 4
    edited March 2013
    when you say large OT. how much does that actually mean? just wondering?
    edited March 2013
    newcombe wrote: »

C'mon man
    edited March 2013
    just curious contra. no harm asking right? OT knows i mean zero harm.
    edited March 2013

Just a term, may add a .5 unit at -4 may add 1 unit at -3.5. It doesn't mean I'm taking off the rubber band which would be very silly this time of year. It's like I know guys who bet $100 a game all year and then will bet 1k on the super bowl try to explain how dumb that is. I'm pretty much Actually a lot like Tommy about 80%/85% 1 unit 10%/12% or so 1.5 Units and very limited 2 unit games. But the term doesn't mean I'll be living in a cardboard box if they lose.

Just an Old Timers Language
    edited March 2013
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    Just a term, may add a .5 unit at -4 may add 1 unit at -3.5. It doesn't mean I'm taking off the rubber band which would be very silly this time of year. It's like I know guys who bet $100 a game all year and then will bet 1k on the super bowl try to explain how dumb that is. I'm pretty much Actually a lot like Tommy about 80%/85% 1 unit 10%/12% or so 1.5 Units and very limited 2 unit games. But the term doesn't mean I'll be living in a cardboard box if they lose.

Just an Old Timers Language

all i was asking to hear and actually a great explanation. thanks OT.
    edited March 2013
    Just poor form asking a man his bet size IMO. O-T classy as ever in his response.
    edited March 2013
    poor form? i guess we r all diff contra but luckily for me he responded as expected. sorry to interrupt your thread. continue...
    edited March 2013
    Jalapanose wrote: »
    I will be on osu. Thoughts?

question. so are you on the bucks at 4 or are you waiting? you post these threads yet post your plays in a diff thread? I 100% get you starting a game thread but don't undertand you post your play but don't really post it? confused i guess. love your winners though and obviously as most should respect your plays.
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited March 2013
    Jalapanose wrote: »
    Just poor form asking a man his bet size IMO. O-T classy as ever in his response.

I get your point, and agree if he had specifically asked for $ amounts, but he didn't. He could have easily been asking in terms of units, which is a valid question IMO and that's how OT answered it. I think all the post needed was some reference to units and it would have been clearer. Just my two cents.
  • tribecalledjefftribecalledjeff Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    question. so are you on the bucks at 4 or are you waiting? you post these threads yet post your plays in a diff thread? I 100% get you starting a game thread but don't undertand you post your play but don't really post it? confused i guess. love your winners though and obviously as most should respect your plays.

Seriously?
    edited March 2013
    Seriously?

He wants to know if you grabbed 4 already or are waiting. What's wrong with that question? You know I'm the last person interested in petty arguments, but just to be clear, this is meant as an honest and harmless question.
    edited March 2013
    Goats wrote: »
    He wants to know if you grabbed 4 already or are waiting. What's wrong with that question? You know I'm the last person interested in petty arguments, but just to be clear, this is meant as an honest and harmless question.

It's not me, but he clearly stated "I will be on osu" and "holding off for a 4." He also has a thread where he posts his official picks. I don't see this as confusing in any way.
    edited March 2013
    It's not me, but he clearly stated "I will be on osu" and "holding off for a 4." He also has a thread where he posts his official picks. I don't see this as confusing in any way.

My bad, I missed the line about holding off for a 4. Perhaps a better response would have been like the one you just gave me. Something like "He already said he was holding off for a 4."

In any case, carry on.
    edited March 2013
    pretty sure the 4 was there last night when we were discussing this but I could be wrong.
    edited March 2013
    Under 32 is the play here imo.
    edited March 2013
    Lol Newcombe I touched a nerve with the "c'mon man", eh?

Do you need me to hit submit for you also?!

I've stated before that for the most part, I don't like to post overnights as official plays, and the game threads seem to be working really well for discussion.
    edited March 2013
    no nerve touched contra and OT responded as expected. appreciate the discussion. hopefully that 4 comes back.
  • turksureturksure Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    Here comes the 4, pinny at 4-106, most others at 4.5
  • eug44eug44 Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    I took over 129...leaning on wichita
  • babaorileybabaoriley Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    Over 129 also... Waiting til HT to make another play, if any. Initially liked OSU but that -4 looks like bait that I don't want to take. So, would lean Wich St. as well but would rather watch the 1H and decide.
    By the way, I applaud Goats for his handling of the situations in this thread. Sometimes you guys just need to let it go... It gets old.
  • BookbrakerBookbraker Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    fwiw i returned to booking action and all early bets are Ohio St.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    I lean Bucks and under in this one, but I'm not thrilled with either, so more than likely a pass for me.
    edited March 2013
    Bookbraker wrote: »
    fwiw i returned to booking action and all early bets are Ohio St.

Thx for the info but your location line etc rather key components that we are missing.
    edited March 2013
    4 came and went again. coming back?
  • lakers22lakers22 Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    Playing OSU 1st half, -2.5 and ML
    edited March 2013
    pretty sure the 4 was there last night when we were discussing this but I could be wrong.

There was one place for two minutes and That's when I jumped in and it's back at the same place and there now.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    Based on some people who's opinions I respect, I put a peanut on OSU -4, GL guys