MURPHY HURT HIS SIDE
JUST ONE DAY IN METDOM
GEE IT IS GREAT TO BE YOUNG AND A MET FAN
lol
w2w

Comments

• Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited February 2013
    Looking forward to the Mets Updates lol, Sorry wire a long for season for all of New York
  • Wire2WireWire2Wire Senior Member
    edited February 2013
    MQAKES ME HALF SAD HALF HAPPY...lol w2w
  • jammerjammer Senior Member
    edited February 2013
    Great young staff, and Wheeler in the minors.
    edited February 2013
    SIX OUTFIELDERS IN CAMP
    LITTLE MAJOR LEAGUE EXPERIENCE EXCEPT FOR DUDA
    this should be fun to watch
    w2w
  • StackAttackStackAttack Senior Member
    edited February 2013
    Ill play OF for the Mets. Why not?
    edited February 2013
    Give Duda 550 at bats and see what he can do. Then decide if he's your future RF. They will have $$ next year to grab a few good OF's
  • worm33worm33 Senior Member
    edited February 2013
    jammer wrote: »
    Give Duda 550 at bats and see what he can do. Then decide if he's your future RF. They will have $$ next year to grab a few good OF's

The problem wont be his bat it will be his defense.
  • SunBelterSunBelter Senior Member
    edited February 2013
    jammer wrote: »

Duda will play LF this year. I'm not disappointed they didnt get Bourn, I wouldnt have gone that long on a guy who relies solely on his legs, but Im really pissed off they let Hairston walk. I think 2 yrs/5 million is a very fair price for him.
  • CoopsCoops Senior Member
    edited February 2013
    Good game, names the Mets starting outfield for Opening Day, Ill go with:

Niewenhuis, Duda and Turner

Also, O/U total players in the outfield this season... set the line at say 10.5?

Id probably take Over
  • worm33worm33 Senior Member
    edited February 2013
    Coops wrote: »
    Good game, names the Mets starting outfield for Opening Day, Ill go with:

Niewenhuis, Duda and Turner

It actually is kind of a fun game because it has just has much to do with who the Padres opening day starter will be then it has to do with the Mets outfield. Id say its really about 50/50 between Volquez and Richard. If its Volquez pretty sure it will be Duda Niewenhuis Baxter. If its Richard its a little tougher to guess but I would say Duda Cowgill and M Byrd
    edited February 2013
    Hey Wire are you recruiting these Mets fans? Your building a Met following I'm in shock what's going here cut it out no more Met talk. Where's my Yankees Fans. I'm spotting all you Mets fans 15 games for bragging rights If The Yankees win 16 or more games you have to say how much you love the Yankees and buy a Yankee Hat and wear it for one week and I'll do the same with a Met hat. Have to admit 15 games is an over lay.
    edited February 2013
    Sounds like a bet...If YANKS win 16 more games then METS I will borrow my grandson's YANKEE CAP and wear it for a week.I still can't figure out how he became a YANKEE FAN...lol
    edited February 2013
    My whole family are Yankees fans and Im the Met outcast...

Our 22 yr old pitching prospect Rafael Montero has been talk of camp so far. Hes still a year away from sniffing big leagues, but everyone is very very impressed... another bright spot for the pitching side.

As for the bigger concern, this season hinges on the doubles D... Duda and D'Arnaud. Alot to ask for a rookie catcher and a 2nd year quasi outfielder, but the only way I see us having a chance at competing is if Duda goes for 30HRS with an OBP of .350 or better and D'Arnaud turns out to be a legit hitting catcher. Replacing Thole with a manequin would be an improvement over last year, but we need production in the catcher spot. As for the team in general, I am hearing they are going to be VERY aggresive on the base paths, 1st to 3rd as often as possible, to squeeze in as many runs as possible. I dont expect much from them this year, but I do like the direction, and a young team lead by D Wright will be fun to watch at least.
  • BookbrakerBookbraker Senior Member
    edited February 2013
    My whole family are Yankees fans and Im the Met outcast...

Our 22 yr old pitching prospect Rafael Montero has been talk of camp so far. Hes still a year away from sniffing big leagues, but everyone is very very impressed... another bright spot for the pitching side.

As for the bigger concern, this season hinges on the doubles D... Duda and D'Arnaud. Alot to ask for a rookie catcher and a 2nd year quasi outfielder, but the only way I see us having a chance at competing is if Duda goes for 30HRS with an OBP of .350 or better and D'Arnaud turns out to be a legit hitting catcher. Replacing Thole with a manequin would be an improvement over last year, but we need production in the catcher spot. As for the team in general, I am hearing they are going to be VERY aggresive on the base paths, 1st to 3rd as often as possible, to squeeze in as many runs as possible. I dont expect much from them this year, but I do like the direction, and a young team lead by D Wright will be fun to watch at least.

LOL coops don't go thinking what cerrone and the other idiots at metsblog write.
    edited February 2013
    Bookbraker wrote: »
    LOL coops don't go thinking what cerrone and the other idiots at metsblog write.

i see Cerrone all the time, I work in the SNY building. I will admit, they sway me sometimes and its still a great source for Mets info.
    edited February 2013
    I have to say yes I'm a Yankee fan but unlike most of the Yankee fans I know I don't lose sleep when they lose and will bet against them in a heartbeat if I feel it's the right side. I'm more of a baseball fan and player fan in general I like seeing good baseball regardless of who's playing and of course I'm a big fan of the ticket I'm holding. But with all that said I believe the number on the Mets is 74 and I don't think they reach it and Met fans are in for a long season but I wish them luck I'm a Big D.Wright and always looking for him to do well and always felt he is unrated and always seem to me that when they had Reyes,Beltran,Delgado the Manager and GM it seemed he felt out of place. Of course I'm not there so I really don't know but there was something that didn't look right. It couldn't have been put in his head he's a 40 hr guy and we know that's not his game but he's so much more then being just a home run guy.
  • BookbrakerBookbraker Senior Member
    edited February 2013
    i see Cerrone all the time, I work in the SNY building. I will admit, they sway me sometimes and its still a great source for Mets info.

Sometimes? Hahaha your post on BT was exactly what was written on metsblog today. They have you hooked!
    edited February 2013
    SANTANA DEBUT DELAYED til mid MARCH
    here we go again...w2w
    edited February 2013
    Wire2Wire wrote: »
    here we go again...w2w

Need him to pitch well first half of the season, so we can dump him to a contender and get a prospect or two.
    edited February 2013
    Wire2Wire wrote: »
    here we go again...w2w

That's sad because when he right there's few better.
    edited February 2013
    That NO HITTER killed him...w2w