Betting Talk

This would really be a plus for the site...

DeanoDeano Senior Member
edited October 2012 in Sports Betting
Idea:

At the top of the page...maybe a sticky.

Anyone with say over 100 picks...winning at say a 55% + rate. Have a page that everyone could go to to see what the top guys on BT are doing. Even have their current run?

This could be tweaked of course but make it so only the best of the best cappers would be listed. It would be a great addition to the site.

Anyone could see the best at a glance and this would give props to these guys.

Little work? Yes...but WELL WORTH THE EFFORT.

My 2 cents.

Comments

• DeanoDeano Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    RAS, Goats, Guys...what are your thoughts?
  • homerplayerhomerplayer Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    i like it.
  • TheRebTheReb Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    Makes a lot of sense, would eliminate a lot of the new member's with the asking the same question over again, or if they do most likely keep the thread to a "see sticky at top of home page", but since it's a thankless non paying situation question is who will take the time to do it and make sure it's accurate. Good idea though IMO Deano
  • tribecalledjefftribecalledjeff Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    First there has to be someone over 55% over 100+ picks. I don't think that exists here.

And my guess is that if they didn't do that for SY, that it's not happening for anybody else, either.
  • BigKahunaBigKahuna Banned
    edited October 2012
    I tell you what this site does have, that is this guy Tribe to always be the rain on a sunny day.

Think it is good idea Deano
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited October 2012
    First there has to be someone over 55% over 100+ picks. I don't think that exists here.

And my guess is that if they didn't do that for SY, that it's not happening for anybody else, either.

Like it or not, these are pretty much my thoughts as well. If someone was winning in the long run, you'd know about it (i.e. Stevie, RAS, etc.).
    edited October 2012
    A good manager would see what his customers want. So instead of poo pooing an idea recognize what your client/customer wants. A top 5 active posters/members. Of course this will change. That is the beauty in it. It will do what Ed got you on this board to do anyway. Make it more about the pick, the +ev, the winner. Making a casual loser into a serious winner. Mine was just an example, the sample size...etc. is up for discussion. It is called for often and would be a bonus for your customer...the BT Member.
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited October 2012
    A good manager (not that I'm a manager here per se) listens to what his customers want and then decides if he feels it's worth implementing based on numerous factors. Because I believe I would have a hard time finding any posters (let alone a list) outside of Stevie or a member of RAS that BT should endorse as a site (which is essentially what this sticky would be doing IMO), I am currently choosing not to implement the idea.

I have no problem with you disagreeing with my stance btw.
  • kdogkdog Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    If you want this Deano you could always go thru all the pick threads and then start your own linking to whichever ones meet your criteria. Of course then YOU would have to do all the work instead of Goats handing it to you on a platter.
  • TwoninerTwoniner Member
    edited October 2012
    Let's end the redic paranoia on private messages first.
    edited October 2012
    Want nothing handed to me on a platter. Seems like so many on here want to be confrontational and experts. I was just suggesting what I thought would be a huge asset even if the top 5 are winners or losers. No matter...as I said to begin with, just my 2 cents...even that was optimistic.
  • ContrarianContrarian Banned
    edited October 2012
    Twoniner wrote: »
    Let's end the redic paranoia on private messages first.

It's not paranoia it's all about the benjamins yo
  • homerplayerhomerplayer Senior Member
    edited October 2012

what is 179 divided by 324?
    my terrible start to the NFL this season is killing my stats.
  • lumpy19lumpy19 Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    I'm thinking we call it the BT HOT 5

(see what I did there with the word hot? pretty clever)