Betting Talk

Week 1 Survivor

NDFan221NDFan221 Senior Member
edited September 2012 in Sports Betting
Any thoughts on who is the best play this week?

Comments

• CoolsCools Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    Gotta be the Texans...
  • Rainman.rckRainman.rck Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    Detroit lions
  • MookdoggMookdogg Member
    edited September 2012
    Detroit or Chicago
  • NDFan221NDFan221 Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    Interesting article if you are an ESPN Insider:

http://insider.espn.go.com/fantasy/football/ffl/story?id=8335948

(Sorry if this is not allowed to be posted)
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited September 2012
    NDFan221 wrote: »
    Interesting article if you are an ESPN Insider:

http://insider.espn.go.com/fantasy/football/ffl/story?id=8335948

(Sorry if this is not allowed to be posted)

First, it's allowed, the only links we don't want are for those selling picks (unless it's a paid sponsor) or to personal sites, twitter, etc..

As for the article, dunno how they decided New Orleans was the most likely to win. Looking at the lines, clearly Houston is the most likely to win.
  • NDFan221NDFan221 Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    Goats wrote: »
    First, it's allowed, the only links we don't want are for those selling picks (unless it's a paid sponsor) or to personal sites, twitter, etc..

As for the article, dunno how they decided New Orleans was the most likely to win. Looking at the lines, clearly Houston is the most likely to win.

I agree. Just thought it was an interesting way to approach picking your Survivor each week.
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited September 2012
    NDFan221 wrote: »
    I agree. Just thought it was an interesting way to approach picking your Survivor each week.

I agree, but when you're inputting data like that's clearly off, kinda ruins the whole thing, which is a shame.
  • tro19tro19 Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    Detroit
  • rokkett21rokkett21 Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    Minnesota Jax wont win a road game!
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    I agree with the Houston pick, But in my defense not official yet.

http://www.survivorgrid.com/

Check out the Grid it comes in handy. I could be wrong but I think it was kdog that put me on this a while back.
  • nyjets1532nyjets1532 Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    here's my picks for the year.....obviously changes may need to be made as there are a couple of question marks (wk 7, 15, and 16 for starters)
    CHI
    NWE
    DAL
    DET
    NYG
    NYJ
    NOR
    PIT
    GNB
    BAL
    HOU
    PHI
    DEN
    SFO
    MIA
    KAN
  • BrownieBrownie Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    Texans with philly a close second
  • underwrapsunderwraps Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    Miami Dolphins.. Shocker of the year!!! Cripples 75% of the betting participants going into 4 pm with a headache and high blood pressure
  • thecaptain12thecaptain12 Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    I also like the Dolphins..I am sure its posted somewhere how the Team on Hard Knocks did week one...
  • payrollpayroll Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    Texans are the obvious pick, but then you'll be without the Texans for what should be easy weeks 15-16 v. MN/IN at home. I'm holding that card. I'm leaning toward Philly as other than home games v. Cincy and WA, which are questionable at best, I can't see using Philly again. I'd love this game more if Haden were out, but I think Philly comes out strong and confuses a very young Cle offense. As long as they don't turn it over, Philly offensive weapons should be too much as well.
  • mlbomlbo Junior Member
    edited September 2012
    I'm on the Eagles.
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited September 2012
    One thing to really keep in mind is how many people are in your survivor pool. If it's 10, you should probably be playing it much differently than if it's 1500. To me, that's a big part of how I make my picks from week to week (to state the obvious, the bigger the pool, the more that you need to worry about looking ahead).
  • tro19tro19 Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    I like the Eagles as well. They talk about how stingy the Browns pass defense is, but looking at their schedule last year, the best QB they faced was Big Ben, as far as that, I didn't see any elite QBs that they faced. Not saying Vick is an elite QB, but with their defense and the weapons they have on offense, they should get the job done. Only problem is Vick isn't 100%, what if he takes a shot and goes down in the first quarter???
  • EscootEscoot Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    This is also a good link for Survivor Pools: http://vegaswatch.net/2012/09/2012-nfl-survivor-week-1.html

"Kind of surprising to be taking an away team in Week 1, but strange things happen when you're playing the Browns. This week's pick is Philadelphia."
  • sparkyl2sparkyl2 Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    Texans. Has to be. Obvious rules of thumb, never take a team on the road or a divisional matchup.
  • Rainman.rckRainman.rck Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    sparkyl2 wrote: »
    Texans. Has to be. Obvious rules of thumb, never take a team on the road or a divisional matchup.

So then... Lions?
  • payrollpayroll Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    Doesn't have to be Texans.

If you're in a huge pool and you're holding Texans v MN/IN weeks 15/16, you're doing good. Use Texans now fine, but you should be holding NO, Det, and Denver then for those weeks later then. I've won on the road plenty. I agree you have to be very selective. If you're in a league where you'll be taking 20 teams a season, you have to take a top tier team like Philly. This is clearly Philly's top spread game, which is why so many are looking at them.
  • jets96jets96 Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    You need a lot of luck to win these and ive had my share of luck....my pick is seattle , they are not going to be favored many times this year , am crossing my fingers.
  • MustangMustang Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    jets96 wrote: »
    You need a lot of luck to win these and ive had my share of luck....my pick is seattle , they are not going to be favored many times this year , am crossing my fingers.

I agree you need a lot of luck. Houston is going to be the most popular choice but as someone else said Philly might be a good choice as they might not have any other games where they are this big of a favorite even if it is on the road.

Seattle should have better games to pick from during the season - home against Zona and St. Louis off the top of my head - would think if you are trying to plan it out they would be a possible pick on one of those home games since they seem to have a good home field advantage up there in the NW.
  • jets96jets96 Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    your right they should be fav vs both and st louis home and on the rd and they should be favored vs buffalo as well and Mia.

I just think right now is the best time to get them because know one is taking them..and i hope some of the big teams get knocked off